"Biblical" Deck? Tarot of the Revelation?

cardlady22

If you are willing to do your own work, you can get the CD-ROM and/or art books available from Dover Publications.

bilberrywaffle

That's actually not a bad idea. Thanks for sharing!

I've obviously never MADE my own deck before. That could be quite special, too.

lunakasha

canid said:
Wow, that price is far out of my reach too. Not only don't I have the funds, but I don't like it THAT much - there are others on my wish list I'd prefer that I can't afford.

I'm guessing that it probably sells for much less than that, if it were possible to order directly from the publisher or artist. Since this deck is apparently not easy to find, the price is likely to be much higher when sold by a third party on ebay.

:) Luna

bilberrywaffle

50 Euros means that it would be 66.50-ish before shipping and blablabla. Thats not too bad, much less than the originally stated 200!

lunakasha

bilberrywaffle said:
50 Euros means that it would be 66.50-ish before shipping and blablabla. Thats not too bad, much less than the originally stated 200!

Yes! ~ That is a much better price! :D

Thanks for posting that link, bilberrywaffle. I'm usually reluctant to order from an unknown source, especially from outside the US. But I'll bookmark that page and keep it in mind....when I'm not quite so broke! :laugh:

:) Luna

bilberrywaffle

Haha I know exactly what you mean! Its the publisher, though. I'll be doing the same; I hope I can get it or I'll just ask my European friends to be on the look out.

Hopefully we'll find a much cheaper answer, because it is an amazing deck. However, purchasing tarot decks from overseas is much less forgiving on my uni salary. :(

lunakasha

bilberrywaffle said:
Haha I know exactly what you mean! Its the publisher, though. I'll be doing the same; I hope I can get it or I'll just ask my European friends to be on the look out.

Hopefully we'll find a much cheaper answer, because it is an amazing deck. However, purchasing tarot decks from overseas is much less forgiving on my uni salary. :(

I hope so too....and I agree, it is an amazing, GORGEOUS deck. I would love to add it to my collection someday. Please keep us posted if you do find another source....and I'll be crossing fingers in the meantime... :p

:heart: Luna

Gerbear

bilberrywaffle said:
So sad. Can't find it any where! At least I know that they exist now :)

EDIT: ( I keep editing! argh.) I actually found some the publisher's website, maybe. But its still fifty euros; which is a decent chunk of change especially with overseas shipping.

http://www.pyroskin.com.ua/en/catalog/index.php?SECTION_ID=128&ELEMENT_ID=809

The Dore Bible Tarot in the link above is not the one by moonchild. Work on her deck has been suspended and any completion date is unknown The deck in the link is a commercial venture from the Czech Republic. There is a deck called "The Christian Bible Tarot", which I have, but I doubt if it is readily available. I got mine when Stuart Kaplan was selling off part of his collection.

Carla

OMG I am in love with the Dore Bible Tarot. I have just bookmarked the site into my hubby's folder with a suggestion that it would make an ideal Christmas gift. :) Thanks for posting about it!! The very first book I ever remember looking at was a Bible illustrated with these, and I know every last one of these stories like I know how to breathe. This tarot will be so wonderful to me.

bilberrywaffle

Oh? It seems like they're the same pictures, but just that they don't have the Bible passage quoted.

Does anybody know, then, where the deck will be posted for sale once it is complete?

Thanks. :)