Tarot Illuminati

Eyebright

Looking at this I suddenly realize that tarot doesn't have nearly enough codpieces.

:bugeyed: lol!!!!!

I can't make my mind up on this one. I love the vibrancy and colour, but I don't like how static and odd the people look. Hmmm....I'll keep my eye on it and see how I go

Lillie

In some ways I find this quite attractive.

Its bizarre surreality, the colours that remind me of illuminated manuscripts, the elaborate fabrics.

But in the end, from what I've seen, it's just another RWS, and that's a bit depressing.
Because do we really need one more of them?
Another heart pierced with 3 swords, another man with 10 swords in his back.
There is more to tarot than just the 'same old, same old'. Or at least there should be.

Also I don't know how something so full of detail will translate to a card.
But we'll have to wait and see on that.

frac_ture

I'm not a huge fan of the whole photo-manipulation style in general, but some of these images are really beautiful.

felicityk

I like the artwork very much but the hands and faces are definitely a turn-off.

Felicity

GryffinSong

The faces remind me a little bit of the Aquarian deck. Pale, almost black and white ... a stark contrast to the colorful backgrounds. There are definately things that jar a bit on this deck, but I like it anyway. And those horses with the feathered feet ... LOVE them!!! I have never understood why the knights in most decks don't have WARHORSES to ride. A knight in armor needs a horse with some substance and feathered feet. Definately LOVE those feathers!!! :)

Le Fanu

But in the end, from what I've seen, it's just another RWS, and that's a bit depressing.
Because do we really need one more of them?
Another heart pierced with 3 swords, another man with 10 swords in his back.
There is more to tarot than just the 'same old, same old'. Or at least there should be
Lo Scarabeo decks are never plain old RWS, are they? All of their decks always have a few cards that go in another direction altogether.

I :heart: this deck. The gaudier, the better. I dream of LoS one day doing more BIG cards...Like the Universal Professional (I want a Liber T that size) This deck would be perfect big!

gregory

Lo Scarabeo decks are never plain old RWS, are they? All of their decks always have a few cards that go in another direction altogether.
True.

I :heart: this deck. The gaudier, the better. I dream of LoS one day doing more BIG cards...Like the Universal Professional (I want a Liber T that size) This deck would be perfect big!
YES ! Let's lobby them for that :D (the Universal Professional is - well, DULL, to be honest.)

Lillie

Yeah, that's what I've come to expect from LS, decks that push the boundaries of meaning. Some work for me, some don't, but with all the ones I've seen I find something new to look at and think about.
But this one just looks like a RWS to me.

Admittedly I haven't seen them all, but what I have seen is just a surreal, blingy RWS.

Of course some people like that. They like the images they are familiar and comfortable with, so I suppose there is a place for the RWS remake whether it is this one or the Gilded, or one of many, many others.
But if I see one more heart with swords through it, I think I'm going to fall into a boredom induced coma.

AND I MIGHT NEVER RECOVER!!!!!

I have to say, I agree about size. I like big cards, especially for very detailed images.

BTW. Isn't that Elizabeth I, on the Queen of Swords?

Oh yeah. What's with the name?
What's it got to do with the Illuminati???
A Lady Gaga video has more illuminati symbolism than I can see here.