$100 Llewellyn Voucher - what would you buy?

DownUnderNZer

Looking again...just not sure. And "Tarot of Dreams" reared its head.

Thing is I like a deck that is bigger than playing cards and vibrant with colors.

Steampunk seems brownish so has lost its appeal.

Still working on it. :)

Self confessed shopaholic here, but at least not for mundane things like shoes or clothes. Way too boring!!!! Shame though as most of my decks only get opened, looked at, then put away in boxes then locked in closets. :D

Have been good about my Tarot diet though and for some months, but am now about to buy:

Steampunk
Green Witch
Hidden Realm

and....

maybe Revelations.

If not to read - then at least for the artwork. :thumbsup:

Have Pagan Cat, but might get an extra larger one.

gregory

Vikings, I hear the criticism, and the art isn't really my thing - but the Scandinavian mythology is and I'd really like a norse mythlogy deck.
The Norse is WAY better for that. I think you can still get it on his website.

3ill.yazi

I'd get some of the special topics in the tarot books they publish.

FLizarraga

The Norse is WAY better for that. I think you can still get it on his website.

Gregs, I HATE you.... Well, you know I don't :love:, but I mean, you're the worst enabler EVER. Or the best, depending on how you look at it.

What an utterly dazzling deck. A LOT of border, but dazzling nonetheless.

FaintlyMacabre

I know I'm a dissenting voice but I was left cold by the Steampunk and I just went through it again in case I had gotten a bad first impression. Aside from some other issues for me, many of the cards are very dark.

You don't get a book with the Norse on Barrett's site but perhaps that doesn't matter. Not to me considering how much I've used it. (Too many decks...)

Diana

3ill.yazi

I know I'm a dissenting voice but I was left cold by the Steampunk and I just went through it again in case I had gotten a bad first impression. Aside from some other issues for me, many of the cards are very dark.

Diana

The Moore one? Huh. I actually don't use it for divination, as I tend to find RWS clones unnecessary, but I use it for sci fi writing story prompts to great effect.

FaintlyMacabre

The Moore one? Huh. I actually don't use it for divination, as I tend to find RWS clones unnecessary, but I use it for sci fi writing story prompts to great effect.

I guess. Barbara Moore wrote the book which I would say is the strongest part. Aly Fell is credited with the cards. I was just thinking that you could read the book and pin up your favorite cards.

Some do work for me and some are quite lovely but then there's others. I wonder if Barbara Moore was given the deck - or a preliminary version - and asked to write the book. She says the woman in the 10 of Pents is hold the 10 of diamonds but she's not. Anyway, I'd really look at it before buying impulsively like I did.

Diana

3ill.yazi

As I recall from a podcast, she was fairly involved in the production. That's an easy typo to make tbh

FaintlyMacabre

As I recall from a podcast, she was fairly involved in the production. That's an easy typo to make tbh

Well no it wasn't. I've put the deck away but it said something like the gypsy fortune teller was holding the 10 of diamonds from a poker deck which corresponded to the 10 of pentacles. She was actually holding the 10 of pentacles.

There were just a few other cards where I wondered if she was making it "fit" but perhaps not. As I said, the book seemed good.

Diana

nicky

As many books I could get for $100 by Israel Regardie.