Missing Pages in Andy's Book

Astraea

If this has been mentioned before, I missed it in my search - apologies!

Andy Boroveshengra''s revised Lenormand: 36 Cards is great, with important new information on near/far and expanded tips on reading the GT. I didn't order this revised edition until last week, and noticed that it is missing pp. 123-176 - very important pages, covering new and expanded material.

This is a print-on-demand publication that I purchased through Amazon. They will replace any book with missing pages right away, at no charge - they shipped my replacement within 24 hours and it arrived the next day.

So...heads up, check that all the pages are there if you're just now ordering the book. I didn't even realize that pages were missing until the need arose to look something up.

Astraea

Thank you for the pointer !! :thumbsup: I do intend to buy this book. Just to confirm: is this the one ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JryoilvaBjg
Um...when I clicked on that link, a video game was displayed (no book info).

The book is Lenormand 36 Cards: An Introduction to the Petit Lenormand by Andy Boroveshengra, 298 p., ISBN 978-1500582487. The cover shows the portrait of a 19th century lady wearing a floral and lace bonnet.

Barleywine

Hmm . . . my version has the same ISBN number but is 211 pages and was published in 2014. It's title is Lenormand Thirty Six Cards, Fortune Telling with the Petit Lenormand. All of the pages are present.

Astraea

Hmm . . . my version has the same ISBN number but is 211 pages and was published in 2014. It's title is Lenormand Thirty Six Cards, Fortune Telling with the Petit Lenormand. All of the pages are present.
I think you have the first edition...it was considerably shorter. Does your book have the full color portrait of a lady on the cover? My first edition had a white cover with small black lettering on a swirl-patterned rectangle. I guess the ISBN is the same because the revised edition is not a different book, just a reworked version. If all of the pages of your book are present and there are 211 of them, you might want to order the newer one - it has lots of good info added.

Joon

The first (2014) edition has 211 pages; 2nd edition, 2015, has 285.

I bought both from Amazon, and no problem with missing pages. Just a publish-on-demand glitch, I'm thinking.

It's good to be aware of the possibility of missing pages for any POD books.... I'd not have thought of it, but will check carefully in future. Thanks for the heads up, Astraea!

Astraea

The first (2014) edition has 211 pages; 2nd edition, 2015, has 285.

I bought both from Amazon, and no problem with missing pages. Just a publish-on-demand glitch, I'm thinking.

It's good to be aware of the possibility of missing pages for any POD books.... I'd not have thought of it, but will check carefully in future. Thanks for the heads up, Astraea!
Thank you for clarifying the differences between versions 1 and 2 of Andy's book, Joon!

Yes, this was probably just a glitch with the POD format...it was a heads-up for me, too, as I order POD books quite a bit and had never encountered the issue before (but will check the books when they arrive from now on).

onesun

FYI-

I have an ebook by Andy showing Copyright 2014. It has 292 pages. It does not include an ISBN #.

The front cover is a solid pink color at top and a solid purple-lilac at bottom. In the middle it shows The Rider card (from the Dondorf deck).

At top it says:
Andy Boroveshengra

At bottom it says:
Lenormand Thirty-Six Cards
An Introduction to the petit Lenormand

On the first page (title page) it says:
“Thirty-Six Cards: Fortune-Telling with the Petit Lenormand”
Underneath it it says:
“An Introduction by Andy Boroveshengra”

On the ebook Preface page Andy indicates:

“Preface to the New Edition"
"With the opportunity of having the book re-edited, I have been able to make some light-handed changes. In the cards' meaning section I have included some clarifications based on queries I received from readers. The Grand Tableau chapter has been changed in parts for clarity and fluidity."
"It was never my intention to release the book in Kindle and iPad formats. When this was decided I deferred to the editor's advice but this resulted in large gaps in some sections and between text and images. I believe this has been rectified within this edition.”

So... it may just be possible that the 'gaps' in some of the POD versions can be attributed to picking up the imagery from early ebook format copies of this 'New Edition'. Apparently some are still floating around out there..

Astraea

FYI-

I have an ebook by Andy showing Copyright 2014. It has 292 pages. It does not include an ISBN #.

The front cover is a solid pink color at top and a solid purple-lilac at bottom. In the middle it shows The Rider card (from the Dondorf deck).

At top it says:
Andy Boroveshengra

At bottom it says:
Lenormand Thirty-Six Cards
An Introduction to the petit Lenormand

On the first page (title page) it says:
“Thirty-Six Cards: Fortune-Telling with the Petit Lenormand”
Underneath it it says:
“An Introduction by Andy Boroveshengra”

On the ebook Preface page Andy indicates:

“Preface to the New Edition"
"With the opportunity of having the book re-edited, I have been able to make some light-handed changes. In the cards' meaning section I have included some clarifications based on queries I received from readers. The Grand Tableau chapter has been changed in parts for clarity and fluidity."
"It was never my intention to release the book in Kindle and iPad formats. When this was decided I deferred to the editor's advice but this resulted in large gaps in some sections and between text and images. I believe this has been rectified within this edition.”

So... it may just be possible that the 'gaps' in some of the POD versions can be attributed to picking up the imagery from early ebook format copies of this 'New Edition'. Apparently some are still floating around out there..
Thank you so much for that information, onesun. Seems like there's been some confusion with this book's publication history and formats. Amazon told me in an email that anyone ordering the book today would get the latest edition, with all pages included. Trust, but verify! :D

ana luisa

Um...when I clicked on that link, a video game was displayed (no book info).

The book is Lenormand 36 Cards: An Introduction to the Petit Lenormand by Andy Boroveshengra, 298 p., ISBN 978-1500582487. The cover shows the portrait of a 19th century lady wearing a floral and lace bonnet.

Sorry for the wrong link! And THANK YOU for replying :) It is indeed this book I've been considering. I may take the plunge. Andy is a reference when it comes to Lenormand.