Planet Series: The SUN & Mercury

WhiteRaven

dadsnook2000 said:
Mercury perceives, it seeks to understand, it categorizes, it stores experiences in short term memory and associates what it perceives and understands with other experiences (short term and long term memories) -- and it learns, considers and re-evaluates/re-categorizes over a period of time. In doing all of this it creates complex associative patterns that assist it in filing and retrieving and using all of the information it takes in and retains.

In the above statement you speak about short term and long term memories. Would this planet and it's positioning and direction be any indicative of ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)? I'm thinking within the "speed" that Mercury is in at birth....and the distance from the Sun....(I'm referring to a chart where there has been a diagnosis of ADHD.).....Although, the motion is in the "norm" speed as per what you've indicated. The Sun is ahead and there is more than 10 degrees between them. But then, logically.....because ADD indicates that the mind works quite rapidly and that the person is three steps ahead of themselves so to speak and can not slow the mind enough to keep the long term memory and often short term memory....you would think that the speed within their birth chart would be rapid......no? or perhaps this isn't relevant at all....I just found it interesting that this planet works with the long term and short term memory and how we access this information and go over it....it brought this disorder to mind.

dadsnook2000

Mercury position and speed relative to the Sun

In my last posting I raised the issues of what might be associated with Mercury's relative position to the Sun and Mercury's speed direct/retrograde.
Along this line of thought I constructed a rough chart with Mercury's position behind-near-ahead of the Sun along the top of the chart, and Mercury's speed direct/retrograde along the left side of the chart.

.............................................POSITION..............................................
Degrees............Behind the Sun.....Combust..................Ahead of the Sun....
per/day........20+...........15.....10......0......10.......16.........22............28....
motion
...........15+..Cesar K. Hepburn Placido Marlon Yassar
..................Chavez.......Pope J. Paul...Domingo..Brandon..Arafat
..................Libarace.........................Oprah....Johnny.....Billy
......................................................Winfrey..Carson.....Grahm
.......................................................Martha.......Scott......Ted
..........................Condoliza.................Stwewart...Peterson..Turner
............1.0+........Rice
...................Bill Gates................................John Lennon...................
...................louis Armstrong.........................................G.W.Bush......
............0.5.........................................................Martin l. King
................................................Henry
...................Dali Lamna...............Kissinger
...................Clint Eastwood....Sandra Day.....................Bruce
...............................Michael..O'Connor........................Springstein
.............-.5..............Jackson........................Julia
..................................................................Child
..............1.0.........................Ron Howard
...........................................Tim McVeigh................Madonna

We will explore this graph and see what makes sense tomorrow. Its late and I'm tired. Dave

rcb30872

The only question that I can answer, as the others are either not applicable or I just don't understand.

My Sun is in Virgo, and my Mercury is in Leo

So if that is the case then my Mercury is ahead of my Sun

:love:

Bec

dadsnook2000

More on the chart

First, for Bec -- No, your Mercury in Leo is BEHIND the Virgo Sun in terms of zodiac order. If you were thinking about which would rise first over your Ascendant degree, then Mercury would rise first.

The chart I posted places well-known people in terms of Mercury's position relative to the Sun, ahead or behind by various degree values --- this is against a scale along the top (horizontal) axis of the chart. The speed that Mercury was moving at the time of their birth is shown on the side (vertical) axis of the chart. Mercury's apparent speed as seen from the Earth, ranges from about 2 degrees per day downward, and may appear to reach much the same speed when in retrograde motion.

The problem with using well-known people is that they often live out the full potential of their charts, making them very good examples. Therefore, they are not good examples for many others of the non-rich and non-famous and non-productive, etc. That is where we come into this picture and why I asked the list to start thinking about their Mercury -- its relative distance from the Sun ahead or behind, and its apparent speed of motion. WE CAN THEN PLACE OURSELVES INTO THIS CHART AND SEE IF WE SHARE ANY CHARACTERISTICS WITH THE PEOPLE ALREADY ON THE CHART. This is one way to start to really learn how a planet may express itself through us.

Remember, we are not just studying Mercury here, I haven't highjacked Mercury itself. We are studying Sun and Mercury as a special pair of planets due to Mercury being/remaining so close to the Sun. HOW DO WE DIFFERENTIATE MERCURY FROM THE SUN -- that is one question.

My Mercury is 24 degrees ahead of the Sun, natally, and moving relatively slowly at about 1/2 degree per day. In fact, five days after birth, Mercury went retrograde. This places me somewhat near G. Bush and Martin Luther King on the chart --- a seemingly un-matched pair. So, I have to ask myself, "Self, what do you have in common with these two, apparently different men?" So, thats my question for me? What's your question for you? Dave

huredriel

Sorry Dave,

Probably being a complete dumbo here .... but I don't know how to work out how much my Mercury is ahead of my Sun or the speed :(

WhiteRaven

huredriel said:
Sorry Dave,

Probably being a complete dumbo here .... but I don't know how to work out how much my Mercury is ahead of my Sun or the speed :(

Astro.com tells you if you bring up the pdf, detailed chart that you find in the Extended area.

WhiteRaven

My Info

WhiteRaven:

Motion is Retrograde.
More than 10 degrees from the Sun
Speed is -15' 24" So I'm presuming this is slow.
Mercury is behind the sun for me.

rcb30872

Thanks Dave for explaining, but still :confused:

Bec

huredriel

Yes I've pulled my chart from astro (and attached it in the birth data post) ..... but I can't *read* or understand it very much ... let alone see where *speed* is ... although I know that the motion is direct!

dadsnook2000

Speed is . . .

Speed is daily motion. Knowing where Mercury is on your date of birth, run a chart for a day later or three days later and see where Mercury is then. For a day later you simply subtract. For three days later, you subtract and then divide your answer by three. No matter how you do it, you get Daily Motion or speed. Is your Mercury fast, slow, moderate, direct or retrograde?

For distance, if the SUN and MERCURY are in the same sign you just subtract the smaller amount of degrees and minutes from the larger amount. Should SUN and MERCURY be in adjoining signs then you determine the distance from the common sign-cusp for each and add them together.

Dave.