virgo and Aquarians....

prudence

spokeynic said:
i have often thought i dont entirely match some of the virgo traits. Yes i am very analytical and can be judgemntal. however i am untidy and there are a few other things i dont think match. i did some searching around and came across this. i found it interesting. could this mean i have more libra traits than virgo??

Celestial body Sign Degrees
Sun Virgo 24º 58' 50"
Moon Libra 4º 19' 13"
Mercury Libra 17º 26' 31"
Venus Virgo 12º 47' 34"
Mars Scorpio 28º 45' 30"
Jupiter Scorpio 9º 6' 50"
Saturn Libra 21º 31' 32"
Uranus Sagittarius 1º 14' 57"
Neptune Sagittarius 24º 18' 53"
Pluto Libra

hi

I am a total novice to astrology, but, I have read from some of the more learned astro scholars here that when a planet is at the end of a sign, or house that the effects are felt less, or manifest less intensely. I hope someone will pop in here and correct anything I may have gotten wrong.

I notice your Virgo is at *almost* 25 degrees, which is closer to the end than the beginning of the sign.

Gemini Rising

I'm also an amateur astrologer, but I thought I'd throw in my two bits...I'm a Libra Sun, Gemini Rising, and a whole lot of stuff in Leo and Capricorn.

And I CAN'T STAND Aquarians! I've yet to meet a single one that I get along with! I feel that they are way too emotionally removed and so completely random and spontaneous I can never tell what they're doing next...also, many Aquarians I know seem to have problems with pathological lying. ::EDIT:: I just read that long section posted by sweet_intuition, and I must say I disagree...I'll believe experience over any textbook, I don't know very many Aquarians with a strong sense of honesty and integrity. (Not saying that Aquarians are incapable of it, I don't know what it is about the ones I attact...)::

Of course, there's a lot more to synastry than just sun signs...but it IS a good place to START, but that's just what it is--a starting point. Even adding in ascendants and moons barely skims the surface.

I have noticed an odd pattern, though--some of the most lasting relationships I know of are people whose sun signs are either trine or semisextile, however, one of the partners in the trine is almost always of the Mutable quality of that element. Cardinal wants to take the lead, and Fixed is too stubborn--Mutable will follow either. Sextile is SUPPOSED to be good, but I'd never dream of going out with a Leo or a Sagittarius...however, I seek out Scorpions and Virgos and get along with them great.

Squares, I noticed, 90% of the time lead to an awful relationship...but the other 10% is a perfect, happy, lasting relationship. Odd.

But yes, Aquarius is very emotionally removed and a little too...out there for practical Virgo. But that's ONLY knowing your sun signs--and besides, I think that with enough work, ANY relationship can work no matter what the stars say.

Tarotphelia

Gemini Rising said:
And I CAN'T STAND Aquarians! I've yet to meet a single one that I get along with! I feel that they are way too emotionally removed and so completely random and spontaneous I can never tell what they're doing next...also, many Aquarians I know seem to have problems with pathological lying. .

It's possible they are only lying to you , and not to everyone else . Perhaps they don't want you tracking what they're doing next , or might not even know what that is themselves.

Nholdamek

Apocalipstick said:
I've seen worse coming out of Virgos. I don't know about stereotype, but, as was stated, Virgos do tend to be misinterpreted.

The Virgos I know are quite mean. Funny, too. But mean. Must be all that realism.

Granted, smashing bottles has less to do with mean and more to do with impulse, but I can see it.

Especially the surprise part. The only Aquarius-Virgo couple I've known followed what sweet_intuition outlined pretty closely. Down to the Aquarian's utter surprise when the Virgo laid down the law.

But, as was mentioned, other factors in the chart will probably modify the fow of the relationship. Don't want to think about that, though.

Natal charts can induce headaches.

Hey we're not all that mean. :p Just get frustrated when things aren't going perfectly. Oh, but then I do have a lot of planets in fiery signs.

I was literally born with sun at 28º 31'38.9293" Virgo, but yet I'm very, very Virgo, lol.

Code:
Sun             28 vi 31'38.9293
Moon            26 cp 13'24.6923
Mercury         24 li 16' 2.0006
Venus           14 le 59'53.4631
Mars             7 ar 13'52.8762
Jupiter          6 ge  6'43.5145
Saturn          26 sa 19' 6.0141
Uranus          27 sa  9' 7.3249
Neptune          7 cp 25'17.1035
Pluto           10 sc 50'23.5735
mean Node       13 pi 10'21.8645
true Node       14 pi  1'46.2598
mean Apogee     14 vi 27'24.0352

Never got along with Aquarians though. Last girl I was interested in had sun in Cancer.

Whitestar

I think it definitely depends on what else you have going on. I'm Virgo sun, Virgo rising, and have 5! other planets in Virgo. So I'm very Virgo. And I would never lash out at someone. My temper just isn't like that. Sun signs just brush the surface of what we are I guess...

mingbop

why don't you just go out with him and see ? :)
Signed, practical capricorn Ming !

Apocalipstick

Nholdamek said:
Hey we're not all that mean. :p
Hey, there are always exceptions. Sun sign descriptions just barely show what's there, I think. I do love Virgos, though. Very funny, whether they realize it or not.

Now Leos... bleh! But that's another thread.

DarkInquisitor said:
It's possible they are only lying to you , and not to everyone else .
ROFL! There's a bumper sticker in that sentence, just dying to get out.

Stormwitch

As an aquarian in a relationship with a Virgo, here is my experience. *AHEM* and we are not all out there, and removed and aloof either lol. We can be like that for sure, especially when we want to emotionally protect ourselves. Whoever had the experience with liers I find strange, mostly people complain our words are like swords, too sharp and too honest at times.

My relationship with my Virgo man (and I have a virgo moon) can be very complex. At times I feel like he dumps sand on me and squashes me, and at times he has no understanding of my logic, or lack thereof. At times he wonders how on earth he is suddenly in the middle of a tornado. This relationship is all about working on communication - sometimes by the time my words have reached his ears I"m quite sure they've done a double take in the middle and something got lost in the translation!

I can be as analytical as he can due to my moon, we drive each other sweetly crazy with that. His words can be too blunt, and he can be very critical - which I respond to badly with sharp words to cover how hurt I am. Anyone who thinks an Aquarian is non emotional is wrong. We just are experts in deflecting it so it doesn't show. Inside we are seething and planning for a brick to drop from a great height upon your head. However you either see us as smiling calmly or are trying to exit the room to avoid being vebally ripped to shreds. And as always once an Aquarian has decided the fire of love is dead, they are gone and very rarely will that fire ever be rekindled. (as a former lover of mine found out after 4 years of attempting just that)

I would call it a roller coaster at times - when this kind of relationship is up... its up.. woo hoo!!.. and when its down, it has hit the ground from a great height and gone splat!

My Virgo man however loves my loyalty, my mystery, he loves that he can never quite predict my every move or word. He loves that he has seen another side of life he never had before. I on the other hand love is forgiving nature, his warmth, his steady hand when I need it, his humour and outlook on life.

This is a relationship of black or white. Because of other astrological things in a chart - it will either work (with work) or it just won't. No middle ground, or grey area. Someone said sexually its great - very true. Earthy sexual nature meets etheral sexual nature - woo hoo! This relationship can be one of great learning and great teamwork - but again, this earth and air sign combination need to always work on communication.

Just my personal point of view. And personally as an air sign woman, I'd take a virgo male over a taurean one any day *snicker*

Gemini Rising

That's pretty fascinating to read, Stormwitch. One of the things I found most educational was when you said "When an Aquarian feels the fire of love is dead, it can never be rekindled." My father is an Aquarian (though not the only one I know guilty of terrible deceit, and also, he lies to everybody), and it amazes my mom and I that after 18 years of a great, loving relationship, my mother stands up to him ONCE (after the MANY wrongs he's done to both of us) and he just leaves. Not a second thought, no agreeing to try and work it out or have a trial seperation, just walking out.

Stormwitch

Gemini Rising said:
That's pretty fascinating to read, Stormwitch. One of the things I found most educational was when you said "When an Aquarian feels the fire of love is dead, it can never be rekindled." My father is an Aquarian (though not the only one I know guilty of terrible deceit, and also, he lies to everybody), and it amazes my mom and I that after 18 years of a great, loving relationship, my mother stands up to him ONCE (after the MANY wrongs he's done to both of us) and he just leaves. Not a second thought, no agreeing to try and work it out or have a trial seperation, just walking out.

Thats called the Aquarian *puts hat on and leaves* - and very often how we deal with confrontation. I guess like anyone else Virgos and Aquarians can be just as good, bad and ugly as everyone else. And of course its about personal choice - I choose not to lie because of the karmic aspect of it however in a time of critical need (such as saving a life maybe) I do know I could lie with a straight face and do it well.

Basically I think we will always find there is a particular sign we don't get on with. Aside from one good friend I've never gotten along with Geminis either hehe and I"m not fond of Aries or Scorpio either. But I do take everyone as I find them, and get to know them before I form an opinion. Well.. mostly lol