Hadar 4 & 6 d'Espees

Shalott

Talk about nitpickin', but it seems appropriate with Marseille decks. Unless I'm way off, every other sword card has the blue bands on the reader's right hand side, except for the 4 and 6. As there's a flower in the middle on both that's clearly aimed up, this puts the blue bands on the left hand side. Is there a deep esoteric reason for this, as there seems to be for everything else? :D

Thanks in advance!

jmd

Perhaps we are not seeing things in the same way, and I do not have my deck at hand, but I think you'll observe that the Hadar's 'linkage' stripes alternate between blue and red on, respectively, the right and left-hand side of scimitar (curved sword) representations - except for the ten, which replicates the nine.

Interestingly, with the ten, the blades of the two inner swords instead make that alteration.

These details are not, it should be noted, the same on other Marseille decks, and remains one of the beautiful details in the Hadar.

Shalott

Ahh...will have to go through these Swords at the earliest opportunity and see if I see this.

Yes I love how he put so much into the details. Everything has a meaning and those meanings actually relate to the card's meaning (ha-recent convert so I'm still in awe of all of this!).

Shalott

Yup - I see it now. ::fog clearing:: :D