Royal Court Spread (fixing general dissatisfaction in life)

KMykal

This is a spread I made for when you're in a slump and don't know what to do. Or at least I think I made it. I've had it for so long I can't remember at this point, but it does have the borderline overly complex style of laying out cards I tend to like making. Life is complex, so I build spreads like that. I also give somewhat general directions for this one as it's one of those spreads I feel is important to make your own.

This one is primarily based around the Court cards. You will be making four piles of cards for this.
First, shuffle the cards as you usually would. Then, start the first pile. Keep laying down cards until you reach your first Court card. Then, start the next pile in the same way. You want four piles headed by the four types of Courts, so if your first pile is headed by a Page for example and the first card you reach on the second pile is also a Page, just keep piling until you find a different type. Repeat this process until you have four piles, each headed by the four different Courts.
Once as you have this done, each pile will represent ways of improving your life. The Page pile is something you need to learn or meditate on, the Knight is something you need to take action on, the Queen is something in your life you need to nurture or take care of, and the King is something you need to master and take hold of. The suit of each card is the basic theme of each pile.
Now that you are done making your piles, there's two different ways to read it. One way is to use the card directly under the Court card as general advice on how to go about acting on the Court card, and this is the way I use most of the time. But if you want to get really detailed, lay all the cards in a stack in a line. Lay them in whatever way makes sense to you, vertical or horizontal, depending on your personal style of reading. I personally use the former method for minor dissatisfaction and the latter for more major cases.

I hope this helps someone, and if you find a different way of reading it that you like, tell me. I can always use a new perspective on my spreads.

Hemera

Thank you for sharing this KMykal. This is an interesting looking spread. Probably not for beginners especially if all the cards in a pile are being read? I imagine one would need to know book meanings but also use intuition. I think I´d like to try this one especially since I always want to deepen my relationship with the courts and this might help with that, too.

think

I don't think you use all the cards?

Say you start shuffling and the 3rd card is a page, then you start the second pile and the 3rd is a knight, the third pile and the 6th is a queen and the fourth pile the 4th is a king, you only have 16 cards there.

I might give this a try. It looks useful, thanks KMykal

KMykal

Thank you for sharing this KMykal. This is an interesting looking spread. Probably not for beginners especially if all the cards in a pile are being read? I imagine one would need to know book meanings but also use intuition. I think I´d like to try this one especially since I always want to deepen my relationship with the courts and this might help with that, too.

It can get complex, but it depends on which method you use and how many cards end up being used. Sometimes you end up getting all the courts in just a few cards, sometimes it can take almost the entire deck. Unfortunately, the randomness means that if you do Tarot professionally, it's hard to give a price estimate if you're using the long form.

rylla

An original and interesting spread. Thanks for sharing!

Onaorkal

I'm quite a beginner in terms of tarot reading but I still found this spread to be insightful.

For one pile I got 1 card only, in fact the first card I drew was a court card.
For the other ones I got up to 15 cards in a pile and had a look at all of them, but I didn't 'read' each one separately or in depth.
I looked at how many cards from different suits there was, especially how many from the suit represented by the top court card.
Also how many and which major arcana showed up.
Which suit (if any) is represented more than once in the 4 top court cards.
I checked the numerology a bit too. For example the 4 aces showed up in one of the pile! That's quite something.

So there you go, thanks for this spread, it's different and I really enjoy it. Will use it again for sure. :)