Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

What are your favorite scents?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Crystals & Herbs

The Lone Crone

greatdane 
The Lone Crone
What are your favorite scents?

Not just for reading, but for just every day use and what situations you use for? Also can anyone tell me their favorite brand of patchouli or a patchouli blend oil? Patchouli oil can really vary in quality. I'm looking for an earthy fragrance with patchouli as the most prevalent scent, but maybe mixed with another oil to wear.

Many thanks,
GD
Top   #1
Citizen

morticia monroe 
Citizen

The other girls here turned me on to this site,,,it's wonderful. I recommend the imps ears, you get to choose 6 and they send you one or two more little freebies to try. I found my favorite,,,I Died For Beauty. It's absolutely marvelous.

Enjoy looking!!

http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/welcome.html
Top   #2
Citizen

emmsma 
Citizen

I'm not much for scents as far as wearing perfume, but when I do feel a need to annoint a deck I use Ylang Ylang oil. I find it delish.

(Personally, I can't handle Patchouli. Its ruined a deck or two received in trade. SO hard to remove the odor of patchouli)

And if we are talking incense - sandalwood, and I'll have to look for the name of this lovely Japanese incense I use alot.
Top   #3
The Lone Crone

greatdane 
The Lone Crone
Ooooooh, THANK YOU MORTICIA AND EMMS!

Gotta check out that link, Morticia! I'm looking for different scents to wear. When I find something I really like, I like to wear, put it on cotton balls and stuff in drawers and basically surround myself in it. I don't really have a "signature" fav now, so Morticia, can't wait to check out the site. And Emm's didn't think about ylang ylang but checking it out. Been awhile since I smelled that.

Blessings on your week,
GD
Top   #4
believer in magic

Sulis 
believer in magic

If you want a lovely patchouli try Ava Luxe's Feuilles de Patchouli.
I love Ava Luxe perfumes; she used to have a website but now she sells on Etsy. Gorgeous, hand-blended perfumes that are strong and very long lasting.

Ava Luxe Etsy shop

Ava Luxe Feuilles de Patchouli perfume oil.

For something cheaper but still very nice, I like The Body Shop's perfume oils. I word their Woody Sandalwood all through the 80s and I think I ended up just smelling of it even when I wasn't wearing it. They discontinued it but have brought it back and it's just as gorgeous as I remember: Body Shop perfume oils
Top   #5
The Lone Crone

greatdane 
The Lone Crone
Oh, Thank You, Sulis!

Obviously you know not all patchouli scents are created equal, so thank you so much for sharing these links! I LOVE patchouli, unfortunately I have been disappointed in some brands in the past.

GD
Top   #6
Citizen

canid 
Citizen

Bubble gum, banana & coconut! Then gardenia, passion flower & honeysuckle.
Top   #7
The Lone Crone

greatdane 
The Lone Crone
OK, Canid....

You really have a bubble gum oil? I get the favorite scents things, I love the smell of bubble gum, but wondering if you actually have an oil or something that's bubble gum scent?!

GD
Top   #8
Citizen

GadgetGirl 
Citizen

I love the following...

Ylang Ylang
Frankincense
Sandalwood
Frangipani

and to wear Chanel No. 5!
Top   #9
believer in magic

Sulis 
believer in magic

I do like patchouli but it's often very powerful and a bit too hippyish for me. It reminds me of boys I used to know in the late 70s who smelled as if they bathed in the stuff.

I prefer amber as a perfume base and I particularly like Ava Luxe's Ambra Tibet, in fact this thread has just prompted me to go and order a bottle .
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.