Crystals that shouldn't be next to each other

cheekyminx

Just curious, I noticed a few of my crystals are getting marks on them....are there any crystals that should be kept away from others??

Thank you

PS my collection is growing quite nicely....still in need of more ;)

floracove

oh my goodness cheeky, yes. they do mark one another.
Stones are all sorts of different densities, and weights.
rubbing up against each other will do that

was gonna add more to this, but I am feeling those strange planet movements...
So, I'll try to make sense.

I do have a folder with some very good links for gemstones. I found them while searching for info on the jewelry articles. If you'd like some, let me know.

Right now, the majority of stones I have are in several different bags, most of the bags colored the same as some of the stones, I placed them together by color. Some I have in different other bags, and they hang from different places, as well as keep some of my other stuff company while they wait their turn to get out and about...

I'm not sure I could say they shouldn't be together, as they seem to get along, as far as stones go. I've not found any of them to be aggitated by their home with me, though, it is possible, they know they are in transit of their destinations, and they slumber in peace, soaking up the vibes and enjoying the ride.

Collections are nice, aren't they?
I'm glad you're enjoying yours.

chrisam-crystals

if you keep everything together in a bag then they will bash against each other and get scratches etc.....:(

always try to keep each types seperate from each other - keep the quartzes together, calcites together etc etc.

jue xx

Kahlie

Mine are on the table... not in direct sunlight and still I noticed marked changes in them...

My Angelite is getting white spots... another blackish/darkgreyish stone which I don't know what it is - is slowly getting red veins...

I first thought that my cleaning lady used chemicals in cleaning them - but she doesn't.

I have no idea why this is happening... I guess it's natural and I let it lie.

Kahlie

cheekyminx

Hi & thanks for replying. I keep my crystals on a long glass plate, but I've always noticed this (many years) that some crystals change over time....I guess its just like us eh?

Its bad, every time I go past a Spiritual shop I must buy crystals lol Thank goodness they start from $3 each....and thank goodness I don't have any urge to buy tarot cards when I walk past certain shops :D Speaking of which, haven't heard about the druidcraft or fey -- maybe a sign.....maybe I'm just meant to get Gummybears :laugh:

geministar

cheekyminx said:
Its bad, every time I go past a Spiritual shop I must buy crystals lol Thank goodness they start from $3 each....and thank goodness I don't have any urge to buy tarot cards when I walk past certain shops :D Speaking of which, haven't heard about the druidcraft or fey -- maybe a sign.....maybe I'm just meant to get Gummybears :laugh:

Im the same cheekyminx, I stopped at a spiritual shop on my way home from work the other night and brought 2 more crystals, just as well they are cheaper to buy than tarot decks otherwise I'd be flat broke.

I used to keep a citrine stone in my wallet but I noticed it became more rough and cloudy like and didnt look as smooth and polished as it used to so I took it out and put it in a pouch with other stones.

I also keep my orange calcite separate from all my other stones.

SuzanneMoon

My Angelite and Hemitite are kept away from the other crystals as my angelite started to develop the white spots through the other bashing into it felt really sorry for it so i now wrap them in some tissue paper and place them in another bag.

sharpchick

Some stones are harder than others. I don't keep selenite, amber, jet or malachite next to any points to keep them from getting scratched.

FantasyWorld

Hematite and Selenite...especially not to be held together or even in seperate hands....egad....as my friend said "it's like putting on jumper cables wrong", LOL!