Sugilithe

catlin

Shortly before Mabon I found a beautiful dark purple necklace made of Sugilithe at a quite reasonable price. I could not help but felt the need to get it to make things easier for me.

I think Sugilithe helps me to stay calm in stressful situations, it helps me to see things more optimistic and more relaxed.

DarkElectric

I use it for healing.
In US this stone is known as sugelite, and is becoming a lot more popular as of late. It is mined in Africa, I believe. I find it aligns chakras, and balances them. When I use it, I put one onto each corresponding chakra point, and meditate on them doing their stuff. I believe sugelite contains trace elements of manganese sometimes, and the manganese assists in re-adjusting and eliminating weirdness in my fields. I have a sugelite necklace which I am goung to be wearing today, as I am planning to attend our local State Fair. This is a HUMONGOUS event, people from all over the New England region come to it. There will be so many people, my fields will get really out of whack. I need shielding, grounding, and balancing energy today.

Strega

Sugilite (or sometimes Sugulite)... also known as Royal Lavulite or Royal Azel.

I use it for psychic awareness (for activating the third eye) and general healing. As DarkElectric already mentioned, this stone can help you tap into the healing power necessary to cleanse and balance your chakras... and there are some who use it in treating cancer (I think).

Kyrielle

Sugilite. Named after its Japanese discoverer, Takeshi Sugi, who found it in the 1940s.

I like this stone, and own a few pieces. One of them is a magenta pink, the others are various shades of purple.

I don't know much else about it. Where's the hermit?? :)

-- Kyrielle