I have a rock now *absudly pleased face* (qs about green, fancy jasper)

sleepingcat

Yesterday we went to the park to play with our tarot cards as we always do, but today we got there early enough to read in the delicious AC of the nature center, we had a folding table and everything as we sat behind sound proof, one way glass staring out at a bird feeding retreat. It was good.

We also had time to go up to the gift shop.

All kinds of odds and ends, half the store was bird feeders and a few gardening odds and ends, lots of little toys ranging from the 25 cent plastic plastic snakes and frogs treasured by little ones, proud of purchasing an item with their own money all the way to the desginer plushies one /never/ got because they were priced rediciously high.

Oh, and candy. And frisbees, and arrowheads, and bug cathers and magnifying glass and two full shelves brimming with books.

and a little niche with gemstones. I oozed over, they had lots of delacate crystal chunks of minerals foregin to my mind (wasnt impressed, spiffy but too harsh looking) a huge tray of polished jemstone shperes (lovely, but I like things that cant roll away on me) then they had a small tray of assorted little jemstone carvings. Each one was an animal in a respective mineral I can only guess had to do with the attributes the animal poessed. There was a hemitite lion, A red jasper rooster, turtles, bears, one dragon left, no wolves for one of my best friends..... Then in the corner there was a little green kitty. But not just any kind of cat, it was a little sleeping cat. Curled up, nose to tail with it's little eyes closed and it's ears perked up as it dreams.

it looks just like my avatar. That little bit of rock was ment for me.

So I bought it, took it out of it's little plastic case at once and snuggled it. While we continued to play with cards it napped ontop of my deck, ontop of the queen of swords head, in temperance's cup and at the magician's feet.

I took it home and it snoozed on the snooze button of my alarm clock while I cleaned my room, then dozed off on my chest while I played on the computer and wound down for the evening. It slept though the night on my insence burner.

I cant put this silly little thing down, and somthing so small is making me rediciously happy (never does take much).

I tired to look up what it was made of, but I found little information and several diffrent things.

The box said it's Fancy Jasper, and it happens to be a frosty shade of moss with a tan spot on the kitty's rump. One site said Fancy jasper is used for protection, another said mental acuteness. One didnt mention fancy jasper at all but called it "rainbow jasper" and suggested the green ones were associated with the 4th chakra.

I was wondering if anyone knew about green jasper, had any expierences with it or any expierences with gemstones in general to offer. ^^

Thanks for listening to my little story

-Sair

*goes off to snuggle her sleeping cat at work*

HearthCricket

That is a beautiful sharing and so very true with many of us who find a rock, a crystal, a little something that we suddenly become oddly attached to, as if it were a best friend or a limb. We feel disconnected and lonely without it. A few weeks ago it was my jade Happy Buddha. Last week it was a piece of Howlite. Howl went everywhere with me. Months ago it was a polished piece of Citrine. (Funny how they all make their way to your bedside table!) And right now it is my Kwan Yin and an enchanting piece of Labradorite I bought yesterday. I stare at it, carry it, talk to it, hug it, put it in my pocket, hold it, rub it, etc. Nothing like sharing energy with a rock. I am happy for your newfound joy! I am certain it was waiting just for you. I believe they do wait for us, and that is why we pass over even some of the loveliest of gems/rocks/crystals. Those ones are not meant for us. They are reserved for someone else. We must pick "our" rock! And we know them when we see them, and they know us!

Now I want to visit Howl again. He is just lovely, like the colours of a snowy owl.

Somnilocus

Once you get a stone, the best way to get to know it is through meditation. Websites can't thoroughly explain and list all the properties, but only give you a general idea. As well, all crystals are unique.

Green stones (well, the colour green in general) are associated with the fourth Chakra which is the Heart Chakra, which is right where you'd expect it to be. You can use it to assist you in opening up the Heart Chakra.

wumpkie

HearthCricket said:
That is a beautiful sharing and so very true with many of us who find a rock, a crystal, a little something that we suddenly become oddly attached to, as if it were a best friend or a limb. We feel disconnected and lonely without it. A few weeks ago it was my jade Happy Buddha. Last week it was a piece of Howlite. Howl went everywhere with me. Months ago it was a polished piece of Citrine. (Funny how they all make their way to your bedside table!) .

I so agree, I have a piece of quantum quattro that I carry everywhere with me as I just love the feel and colours of the crystal and I feel almost naked without it. I also have a jade and amethyst bracelet that when I don't wear it I feel almost lopsided like it's meant to be permanetly around my wrist.

I have a gemstone cat, shame he looks perturbed but that's what makes him special :D You will have to show a us a picture of your friend.

Chronata

OOH! What a lovely little tail...um ...I mean tale that you shared!

I love to hear about how people feel connected to stones!

Interesting about Jasper...there are so many different kinds.,..and depending on the color, each one does something different...
for instance, while most are dedicated to Mars energies...the green jasper is Venus energy!

As are cats...how perfect is that? :D

so...anything involving the Heart...but also emotional states.
Green Jasper is for protecting the home, and for inspiring courage, and confidence.
It also brings loyalty.
It can help with developing empathy, and for working with other people, when it comes to healing and especially listening skills.

And now...the cat is also a symbol of home protection and security...and also represents love, sensuality and comfort.

together, the combination is brilliant for keeping unwanted energies out of your home and space, for helping people through grief, depression or bad emotional things...and for attracting all the pleasures that money can't buy...
like love, joy, peace of mind, secure feelings, comfort....and a good night's sleep!

Looks like your little kitty has blessed you very much indeed!~

wizzle

Jasper is one of the stones in the quartz family and is the most opaque variety. It comes in a huge variety of colors and an even huger variety of names. One man's "fancy green" is another man's aventurine. So don't worry too much about the name. The descriptions you got in this thread are accurate but even more imortant is how you react with the stone.

In addition to what others have said, I find that quartz is, in general, is a sharp and incisive stone with fast energy. What I mean by this is that a green jasper is going to give you a different "feel" than say, a green turquoise or malachite, which are "slower" stones. I hope this is making some degree of sense. From your description, it sounds like jasper is a good stone for you. As you add stones to your collection, you will probably like others from the quartz group such as chalcedony, agates (of all sorts), amethyst, citrine, clear quartz and many more. I hope you have many happy times with your new cat.