good tarot introductory book for a teenager?

UrbanBramble

I'm passing on my Universal Waite to my teenage brother. (we are 16 years apart!)

He's 15 and he doesn't read much - I'm thinking an accurate introductory book with simple explanations, short but complete introductions to the cards, that works for the RWS, maybe more bullet points and pictures than paragraphs...

I got my start on the Haindl deck when I was about the same age (funny deck for a teenager to pick, but then I was always very serious) and there are a million companion books for it so I never bought a general tarot instructional book for myself, so I really have no ideas.

Thoughts?

rwcarter

There are at least two books geared towards teens:

Tarot for Teens - M.J. Abadie
Teen Tarot by Terry Silvers, Theresa Cheung

I don't know how accurate the companion book is, but there used to be a set called Maria Shaw's Tarot Kit for Teens. I've seen the companion book without the cards in numerous used bookstores.

HTH,
Rodney

Farzon

I don't know him, but in this age some can become real geeks, digging deep into any theme, so if he's already interested, offer some really good and more intellectual books to him, too! Maybe he'll like them.

At least that's I would do.... ^^

Lunalyn

hi Urban Bramble
I would suggest The Tarot Bible by Sarah Bartlett. it uses the Universal tarot deck (which is the deck you mentioned) with colour pictures of the cards, and each card has a double page spread. it is easy to follow so you might like to look at that.
good luck with it
lyn

Mellaenn

hi Urban Bramble
I would suggest The Tarot Bible by Sarah Bartlett. it uses the Universal tarot deck (which is the deck you mentioned) with colour pictures of the cards, and each card has a double page spread. it is easy to follow so you might like to look at that.
good luck with it
lyn

I use this book in my introductory tarot class. It's well-organized and easy to obtain. I recommend it for all my beginners.

UrbanBramble

hi Urban Bramble
good luck with it
lyn
Cool. I will do this thanks!

ana luisa

I own and would advise this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Tarot-New-Gen...92&sr=1-1&keywords=tarot+for+a+new+generation

I am no teenager (alas!) but find this book really useable. For instance, for the card Lovers, she goes on to explain how it would apply in a GENERAL reading, in a LOVE reading, in a PARTNERSHIP reading, in a SELF-DEVELOPMENT reading, in a SEXUALITY reading, etc. If I remember well, it was the first time I read about the 7 of Wands dealt with as he OUTCAST card and being referred as the one for people who do not fit in with their peers, who have unusal takes in life, so, very down-to-earth.

Teheuti

Mastering the Tarot by Eden Gray. Small paperback sized (easy to carry), and the best version of her meanings. Concise and to-the-point. Cheap.