Any good books?

GreenFlame

So i just started to gether some materials for learning the tarot better..and so I got "Tarot Decoder" "78 degrees of wisdom" and "Tarot for Yourself" (if any of you are curious about the authors of the books,ask me and I'll provide you the names cause right now i'm too lazy to check xD) and yeah..do you guys have any suggestions of good tarot books?:3

BrownBear

I love Jean Bunning's exercises in Learning the Tarot.

If you can roll with the hyperbolic writing style of Dusty White's The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot...Ever, it's a great book and really helped me connect my own meanings with the cards. By the time I was done with the exercises, all of the card meanings made intuitive sense to me. I felt like there was nothing to memorize.

GreenFlame

I love Jean Bunning's exercises in Learning the Tarot.

If you can roll with the hyperbolic writing style of Dusty White's The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot...Ever, it's a great book and really helped me connect my own meanings with the cards. By the time I was done with the exercises, all of the card meanings made intuitive sense to me. I felt like there was nothing to memorize.

I'll try them out, thank youu :3

fractalgranny

if you really want to get into it, get mary k greer's "21 ways to read the tarot". there is also a study circle for that here.

GreenFlame

if you really want to get into it, get mary k greer's "21 ways to read the tarot". there is also a study circle for that here.

Already got that one xD :3

3ill.yazi

Ditto to what BrownBear said: White and Bunning, and Greer. If you are intimidated by reversals in particular, Greer devotes a fantastic book to that.

Also, I've seen the decoder book, and I'm a little meh on it. It seems like not a very natural way to learn. But people learn differently.

silvereye

I dunno if this is still in print, but I recommend cynthia Giles's choice centred tarot

Nemia

Didn't Gail Fairfield write Choice Centered Tarot, and Cynthia Giles wrote books about tarot history? I have History, Mystery and Lore. I don't know Fairfield's books but the Giles book is good if you want to know history. So are Robert Place's books.

GreenFlame

Ditto to what BrownBear said: White and Bunning, and Greer. If you are intimidated by reversals in particular, Greer devotes a fantastic book to that.

Also, I've seen the decoder book, and I'm a little meh on it. It seems like not a very natural way to learn. But people learn differently.

I also have the reversals book and the decoder, i extended my tarot librabry yesterday xD :3

GreenFlame

I dunno if this is still in print, but I recommend cynthia Giles's choice centred tarot

Didn't Gail Fairfield write Choice Centered Tarot, and Cynthia Giles wrote books about tarot history? I have History, Mystery and Lore. I don't know Fairfield's books but the Giles book is good if you want to know history. So are Robert Place's books.

I'll give them all a try, thanks for the suggestions guys :) :3