Motley Tarot from Tyldwick artist

Leo77

Is that a square at the top of the three?

Laura Borealis

Good eye, Leo77 - it appears to be!

Leo77

Since they're both Pentacles, I wonder if all the minors will have individual items on the tops of the cards. I kind of like the bee motif, workers/industry/pentacles

I know I'll be in the minority here, but I kind of like the keywords. I can kind of see the Bennet sisters all leaning in over the cards until Kitty turns up the six and they all shout "Success!" and bounce around happily. Except for Mary, who would just glare at them over a copy of Fordyce. I mean they wouldn't have had LWBs back then so the cards WERE the LWB.

I don't know. I don't mind it so far.

Bennets, sorry. I always confuse my Dashwoods and my Bennets.

Le Fanu

I'm very excited about this - yes, six of Disks / Pentacles / Coins and "Success". This looks promising. Thanks AJ for those full length images.

AJ

I did send the artist a note via facebook with a link to this thread, asking if he'd like to weigh in on our questions. I think if you aren't friends it goes into an odd folder, who knows if he will look and see.

starlightexp

I asked him via FB about this but since we have it here I'll pose the question to people here. On the 3 of Pentacles, I may be reaching, but bees are attributed to Mars and if that is Ivy Leaved MorningGlory that is sometimes given to Capricorn so would that give us the astrological correspondence?

Laura Borealis

I am reconciled to the titles :) They balance out the card names, and the lettering and banners are so lovely, I can't fault them in any way. And I like "Industry" better than "Works". Industrious little bees making sweet Motley honey.

nicky

oh hell yes this deck so far

AJ

the artist has kindly responded via facebook which I will share here:
---------------------------
(1) I’ve only recently started working on the deck, so please don’t expect it to be released any time soon. It’s a major project for me which I expect to take several months to complete. I’m hoping to have the deck complete by the summer, but obviously everything depends on how things progress. For the present, I’ll be alternating between this and my other (not quite yet finished) project, the Chelsea Lenormand.

(2) This is a new concept and isn’t (intentionally) related to the Tyldwick Tarot, or to any of my other decks.

(3) The deck will be – broadly – Thoth based. I say broadly, as there will doubtless be areas in which my own original ideas affect how specific cards turn out.
-----------------------------------
I grinning...Soon! How long did some of us linger on the vine waiting for Mary-El, Gaian...etc.
Soon! and Thothish! Life is good.

a tease of the 2

Attachments

• Motley tarot 2 ofcoins.jpg
    Motley tarot 2 ofcoins.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 234

Laura Borealis

Thank you AJ!

Oh my, that 2 of pentacles. A sun and moon, the dragonfly, the chameleon perched on the open book...

Now I wonder, as these are all pentacles, and they are all an earthy light brown, whether the different suits will have different color themes.