Experience With Dark Carnival Deck?

KandiSkull

I saw pictures on this site of the Dark Carnival deck and I fell in LOVE with the artistry. The colors are so vivid and beautiful in their darkness. It's based on the Insane Clown Posse Dark Carnival and I was just wondering if anyone has this deck or has any experience using this deck? This site rated it at 4 stars, which seems almost too good to be true. I think no matter what I'm gonna get the deck, but was just hoping to hear some feedback. :) Thank you in advnace

devilkitty

I find it a very well-done pack, obviously created by someone who understands tarot (not just a cash-in attempt to piggyback tarot on the subculture-of-the-month). It seems quite direct, though I did need to learn some "Juggalo-speak" to help with the LWB...

That said, I have to be in just the right mood to read with it; I find the art rather too frenetic for my regular use; YMMV.

It's RWS-based, which does throw me a bit as I work with Thoth or TdM somewhere around ninety percent of the time.

TenBuckTarot

A friend of mine owns it. She has many decks and uses the Dark Carnival to read for her teenage daughter. She says it reads very well. I've used it for a couple spreads and found it read okay. It takes some getting used to though, and I wouldn't read with it regularly, as I don't like the color scheme and some of the images.

Alta

Unlike some tarot artists, she is a tarot reader herself. She is a Juggalo and is deeply immersed in that culture and well enough, the deck reflects that. I admire the deck and her, but it is too alien to me for actual readings. Back when I read her FB page though, I read many comments from others who found her deck to read very well.

KandiSkull

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate your opinions!

KandiSkull

Ok, I decided to take the plunge and ordered the deck! I cannot wait for it to arrive!!!

Nica

This deck originally took the tarot world by storm and was voted #1 deck of the year. I flipped when it happened, as I've always found it undeserving.

It reads with character. I used it a few times but it wasn't my cup of tea. ISP isn't really my thing.

I think it was overhyped before, and while it may work very well for some, it's still not for everyone.

Barleywine

I was tempted a while ago but opted not to buy it. At the moment, the Deviant Moon (Tim Burton meets Hieronymus Bosch) is about as far as I'll go in the direction of the macabre.

G6

I LOVE THIS DECK! It's becoming a go-to for me. The bright colors are amazing. The size is excellent 4.5 x 3.5. I waited awhile to get this deck and now that I have it I missed out by not getting it sooner.

Anybody know why Batman and Robin make an appearance in this deck though?

Charlie Brown

I think Batman and Robin used to make appearances as part of their Halloween shows.