Blockage Spread (4 Cards)

Moonsparkle

It's interesting to note the discussion of being stumped. That includes me.

I tried this layout and I still haven't quite figured out the results. I was completely blaming myself though since I'm a novice, plus I ended up with three reversed cards, plus I ended up with two of the four cards as court cards. In my noviceness, I find reversals and court cards both complicate things considerably for me.

I was planning on just waiting a day or two and trying again, but perhaps I should ponder the first cards a bit more. I definitely plan to use it some more.

Glastonbury Ed

Moonsparkle said:
It's interesting to note the discussion of being stumped. That includes me.

I tried this layout and I still haven't quite figured out the results. I was completely blaming myself though since I'm a novice, plus I ended up with three reversed cards, plus I ended up with two of the four cards as court cards. In my noviceness, I find reversals and court cards both complicate things considerably for me.

I was planning on just waiting a day or two and trying again, but perhaps I should ponder the first cards a bit more. I definitely plan to use it some more.

IMHO you will definately be better served in your learning to try and understand the cards you have been dealt before scrapping them and moving on. The cards will be what you need to know, you just have to understand them - the error wont be in how you dealt them :)

Post your reading in the Readings forum if you wish others to try and help you out.

oak_woman

I agree with Ed that you will have the cards you are meant to have. And as there are only four, their meanings WILL become clearer when you ponder on them, I'm certain.

As for three of them being reversed - well, all four of mine were reversed! I realised then that it was because I was holding the deck the wrong way round, but looking through the cards there were a few that were the other way up, but I hadn't picked any of them... ;-)

I didn't read them as reversals as such, but did bear the reversed meanings in mind. I took it as yet another example of tarot's sense of humour: "You want a spread about blockages? Have four cards that ALL refer to blockages!!"

Moonsparkle

"You want a spread about blockages? Have four cards that ALL refer to blockages!!"

Funny you say that. I had the same thought myself when I saw my spread. For me there was no up or down to the deck as I turn the cards every which way when shuffling. I'm thinking of not using reversals, but I used the RWS deck and they seem pretty standard with that.

I don't feel obligated to use reversals in decks like the World Spirit that have one-way backs and don't use reversals in their little books. I'm also not so sure about reversals with a spread like this where it seems you can start ending up with double negatives...and then where are you?

I'm going to post in the reading section as Ed suggested.

pangolin

I've played around a bit with this, and it looks like a very useful spread. I'm adding it to my repertoire. :) Thank you, Ed.

oak_woman

Hoping you'll see this, Ed - "YOUR PM BOX IS FULL" !!