Has Anyone Trimmed the Shining Tribe Tarot?

hunter

I just ordered Shining Tribe Tarot last night from DiscountNewAgeBooks for $11.00. They already shipped it this morning, YEAH!

The cards look big. Has anyone tried trimming them?

AJ

I didn't find the cards big, it seems like they were LoS'ish sized.
It did cross my mind when I used them that trimming would be a booger on the lighter end, you'd be on your own as they fade from darker at the top to nothing at the bottom if you wanted to keep the titles.

but then I don't have the cards here with me...I could be remembering wrong ;) re: size

Attachments

• shining_tribe_9_stones.jpg
    shining_tribe_9_stones.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 140

zan_chan

Hey Hunter,

I have the Shining Tribe and personally I wouldn't trim it. Its not a big deck at all. I think it would be too small after a trim. And the yellow/tan borders actually work pretty well with it.

If you've ever had any other similar Llewelyn kits, like the Legacy of the Divine, etc., the cards are about that same size.

Hope this helps a bit.

nisaba

If you wanted a mini-deck, I suppose you could trim it down, but you'd have to have small hands - I have quite small paws, and it's a comfortable shuffle for me. I don't much like smaller decks than that.

hunter

Standard Tarot size is doable for me, but I prefer playing card size. It sounds like they are doable, as is.

I guess I'll have to wait to see them before making a final decision. And I'm kinda doing a Zerner-Farber IDS so trimming them is considered cheating :-(

Trimming is such a self soother to me. I'm a bit of a trimming addict.

Trimmed cards weight less when carried around all day, and fit better on an altar for a spell or ritual. And they warp less when I shuffle them with my small hands

Thanks everyone for the info!

hunter

The deck came in. They are screaming to be trimmed. Trimming will leave them just barely big enough for me. It's a close call. But they feel awkward to me now and my hands and wrists have been really bothering me lately. Fibromyalgia stuff doesn't bother me too much if I can burn off some of the stress related chemicals and hormones that continually pour into my body, by some hard walking. My hands though are really not feeling so great. And the stretching hurts more than when I use a smaller deck.

The only thing holding me back is that it's easier to play solitaire with the titles on, and that helps me learn a new deck faster. I can make a cheat sheet, but it's slows the game play way down, if I need to refer to it a lot.

emmsma

Could you try a partial trim. Taking the golden border off sides and top, leaving the titles intact. It might help make them a bit smaller, while not reducing their usefulness.

Can you make a copy of a card or two and play with the idea. See if it'd work for you?

hunter

The cards will be quite long and narrow if I do that and so little will be taken off the length where I need it off the most. The width is fine as is.

Mojo Twin 2

I've been working with the cards a little and I don't think trimming would be a good idea. The borders are actually a white to cream gradient, it's really nice and lends to the "vibe" of the deck.

Just IMO of course.

hunter

I couldn't help myself, the trimming has started. The majors are done and the trees started.

They are the same height as the Hanson-Roberts, but a bit thinner.

They feel much better. How they feel is a HUGE deal to me. I wish they were a bit wider though. My Pocket Goddess deck (sent to me by Nonny Mouse) is shorter, but wider. I like my cards fat and short.

I think this is going to work for me.