Soprafino/Classic Tarot/Ancient Italian Tarot

Ambrosia

Are all of these decks OOP?

I would especially like to get my hands on the Classic Tarot from Lo Scarabeo.
I don't have any means of buying online though so can anyone advise if it is possible to still get any of these through a brick and mortar shop?
I am in New Zealand if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

yirabeth

Hmm...do you have a good friend to order for you?

Amazon.com has the Lo Scarabeo Classic Tarot for sale for $30 -- secondary market only, though, I believe they're out of print? (Only one deck at that price, others go up drastically)

Here's a link just in case you can find some help on this ---

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Tarot...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263358326&sr=8-2

That's quite a bit less than amazon.co.uk -- the aftermarket sellers there want £165 for them. Might be worth looking into if you can find a friend to help :)

~Yira

Ambrosia

Thanks for the good advice Yirabeth :)

I hadn't even thought of that I was too caught up in the disappointment lol!

Cheers!

I am not sure who I can get to do that at this stage.
Maybe I'll try for the Ancient Italian if it's still in print, or try the trading thread instead.

Are all three decks OOP does anyone know?
I think the Ancient Italian may be still available in shops, it's not quite what I want but it's pretty similar.

Le Fanu

I think officially, both the Ancient Italian and The Classic are OOP. In fact, all LoS historic decks are OOP. However, the Italian, more than the Classic, is easier to find. Have you tried the Book Depository? they had some a while ago and maybe they deliver to New Zealand free (don't know about that). The Soprafino can never be "officially" OOP as 2,000 sets were made and no more so as long as those decks are around, it's available. But a continuous print was not done.

They are all beautiful decks, but if you have the Soprafino you can live without the Classic. If I were you I'd spoil myself and order the Ancient Italian and the Soprafino from alida store... Both slightly different, both beautiful... quick before they vanish forever :)

shaveling

Ambrosia said:
... can anyone advise if it is possible to still get any of these through a brick and mortar shop?
It probably depends on the shop. I saw the Classic on the shelf in a store in Montreal in October. I had thought it was OOP, but apparently I was wrong. (Tarot Garden lists it as In Print.) That was a games store though, with a really good selection of Tarot and Oracle decks. My local metaphysical store never carries non-scenic pips. They don't sell here.

But like pretty much any bookstore I've ever dealt with, they are willing to do special orders. It's probably worth asking at any store you deal with if they'll order it for you.

Ambrosia

Le Fanu ~

Thanks for the advice.
The reason I decided on the Classic (and I know it has horrible LS writing up the side) is that the imagery is identical to the Soprafino (apart from the faux staining and muted colours etc on the Soprafino which ideally I would snap up in an instant) is that I don't buy online and don't really have the funds right now to splurge on the Soprafino.
The Ancient Italian is beautiful but it does have slightly different imagery so am holding off on that unless it proves impossible to find the Soprafino or the Classic.

Debra ~

Thanks for the link but see above ^ :) I may be able to get someone else to order it for me online though if I can't get the Classic. Cheers.

Shaveling ~

Thanks for the advice, you seem to have the same idea as me. I guess it can only be found in a "real" shop if that particular shop happens to still have it on the shelf. Am wondering if I may be able to order it through them though.

Thanks guys.