Shining Tribe

hunter

My deck came in from discountnewagebooks. I think I'm really going to like it. The multicultural paleolithic and neolithic emphasis is really grounding. Lately I have been satisfying my need to ground with Sacred Path and Medicine Cards oracle decks. I felt like I needed a full tarot and more multicultural emphasis though to feel complete. For ME Rachel Pollack isn't the writer Jamie Sams is, but I think using all 3 decks, I will have balanced grounding readings, when I need them.

Is anyone using this deck now?

This is going to be another deck that I do not like the artwork itself, but like the symbols and what they mean. This one is even uglier than my Zerner-Farber to me, but at least it is easier to read the pictures. I have to really squint at the Zerner-Farber, which so interferes with my intuitive reading and maybe contributes to my thinking it is ugly.

I'm so glad Rachel pushed through and finished drawing this deck. I do not think I will ever entirely abandon this one, even if my fickle ways distract me from it, for long periods of time.

hunter

I can now see what people are saying about leaving these cards out for a few days to dwell on the reading. I think the symbols of this deck are tapping into ancestral memory/collective unconscious type stuff and it's taking me awhile to retrieve stuff. Okay, NOT eloquently put at all :-0 Sorry! But there is something weird/spiritual about using this deck.

It's doing something grounding, something healing in the base chakra. Something :-0

6 of Birds I didn't understand at all when I first picked it, but it's revealing it self to me. 6 of Rivers I have picked twice now in an amazing 2 punch combination of where it has fallen in positions, that has caught my attention. The card speaks to me on a deeper level than I can even try to articulate. Something beyond my present vocabulary.

I won't try another daily reading today, but will instead just leave the cards on my altar. I'm going to use my Zerner-Farber deck today for reading. Just looking at these cards grounds me. I don't have to have a fresh reading with them to ground.