Pros and Cons Thread

Tanjamuse

Voice of the Trees

Hi.

Voice of the Trees by Mickie Mueller?

Any input?

Thanks so much in advance

Wendywu

I have shamelessly stolen this idea from Tarot Decks and Tanjamuse's above post is our first for the Pros and Cons thread treatment ....

Chronata said:
I do enjoy both the individual Enabling (lot's of gushing!) and the De-enabling (sarcastic and funny) threads...but I think it helps to have a thread that we can ask for a balanced opinion as well.
I would like this to be the Pros and Cons of a deck in question...what you like about it AND what you don't like about it... all in one place.

You can be silly, but I think it's also good to have some serious opinions as well.

For those of us that want a quick snapshot of a specific deck, without having to read through pages and pages of a popular deck thread, just to get to the meat!

HighPriestess

Mandala Meditations Deck

I'm thinking of getting this deck: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mandala-meditations-guidance/

Pros: Beautiful art.
Price isn't bad for a self-published deck ($30 AUD + S&H)

Cons: Too many keywords/phrases on one card, might be hard to use for readings (especially spreads)?
I just can't keep thinking about the other decks I could buy for that price.

merissa_88

I'm thinking of getting this deck: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mandala-meditations-guidance/

Pros: Beautiful art.

i agree. I have also really interested in this deck. For me, pros also include the energy of the cards. Very visual and beautiful.

Cons: shipping from Australia. Have to check that out. i might be tempted to trim the keywords if they get in the way and keep the "stain glass" feel of the deck.

Might test-drive the app first to see what it's like to read with.

HighPriestess

i agree. I have also really interested in this deck. For me, pros also include the energy of the cards. Very visual and beautiful.

Cons: shipping from Australia. Have to check that out. i might be tempted to trim the keywords if they get in the way and keep the "stain glass" feel of the deck.

Might test-drive the app first to see what it's like to read with.

I asked Marg by email, and shipping to where I am (Ontario, Canada) is $14 AUD, so I'm guessing it's similar or slightly cheaper for you. It's not a bad rate, IMHO.

Tanjamuse

Art through the eyes of the soul?

What do you think?

Tigerangel

Bumping thread for pros and cons of Oracle's

Bumping this thread for anyone who wants to discuss the pros and cons of any Oracle decks.

I'll restart it with...
Oracle of the Dragonfae by Lucy Cavendish

Pros:
It has a detailed book with the deck and the card stock is good (to my liking anyway)
I find it s good deck to read with and I like the keywords on the cards as they help with jump starting my intuition for the card.

Cons:
I have the newer edition beige box and the cards are just loose in the book which is sized for the guide book and not the cards so they move around in the box which I find a tad annoying, I don't know if the first edition is boxed more securely.

But overall Oracle of the Dragonfae is a pleasurable Oracle to work with and I would recommend it for anyone who likes Oracle decks.

Tanjamuse

The original box is also made for the book and not the cards, but I've bought a bunch of organza bags on ebay and sometimes make my own bags, which means they wont rattle around the box.

Tigerangel

Art through the eyes of the soul

Art through the eyes of the soul?

What do you think?

I had a look at the images on google as never heard of this deck before, and it's seems an intriguing deck.

I think I could like it.

Seems to a have mismatch of a theme though with going from medieval cards to Native American etc...but I would think as the cards are original spiritual paintings that's what would give the deck it's charm and originality.

I think I may consider adding this to my Oracle collection at some point.

Tigerangel

Oracle of the Dragonfae

The original box is also made for the book and not the cards, but I've bought a bunch of organza bags on ebay and sometimes make my own bags, which means they wont rattle around the box.

I'm working on making lined tins for most of my decks just now and matching up the lining and tin to the cards, need to think what colour would go with or compliment the beige version of the Oracle of the Dragonfae, need to go look up some colour charts :)