The Wild Unknown Tarot

Chiriku

The wings thing isn't a phobia, just a preference. Now, I do have a phobia that pops up in tarot now and again that kept me from investing in the Rosetta Tarot.

What do you all think about the fact that this Wild Unknown deck seems to be a promotional tool for a band (of which the artist appears to be a member)? Does it lessen the deck as 'tarot' in your eyes?

desertrat

lol someone actually asked me if there were any feathers in it due to a phobia.

I believe I know the one of whom you speak. I shudder to think what sort of trauma she went through to engender such a phobia. :eek: Hang tough girlfriend! I promise not to use the F-word when you're around. :heart:

Um...to stay on topic...I did not know about the band thing. I was surprised by this, but I think the deck looks very promising regardless.

dreamingwitch

This is gorgeous!

Sword King

What do you all think about the fact that this Wild Unknown deck seems to be a promotional tool for a band (of which the artist appears to be a member)? Does it lessen the deck as 'tarot' in your eyes?

It doesn't seem obviously so to me; there are no cards featuring band members that I can see. It seems to me to be similar to the way that Carol Herzer is into Tibetan singing bowls and mantra harps; these are artists who use different media for expression. So...it doesn't lessen the deck to me.

GrailSidhe

The wings thing isn't a phobia, just a preference. Now, I do have a phobia that pops up in tarot now and again that kept me from investing in the Rosetta Tarot.

I had no idea, but I see no actual connection from the deck to the band, save maybe for the name. If I like something I like it, pretty much.

Actually, I held myself back from getting the Sirian Starseed deck after seeing the maker in the cards and just felt weird about it (same as that Doreen Virtue one with her on it). I can be put off quite easily but this one feels like someone's heart and mind was really put down on paper and really appreciate the work.

Winterchild

*F* Word!

I believe I know the one of whom you speak. I shudder to think what sort of trauma she went through to engender such a phobia. :eek: Hang tough girlfriend! I promise not to use the F-word when you're around. :heart:

Um...to stay on topic...I did not know about the band thing. I was surprised by this, but I think the deck looks very promising regardless.

That was me !!! I think I need to do past life regression to find out about my phobia.... its runs down the women in my family.... but it is a true pobia in that it is irrational fear.

I had no idea the deck was about a band?

Yeah it is the *F* word indeed!!!

GrailSidhe

That was me !!! I think I need to do past life regression to find out about my phobia.... its runs down the women in my family.... but it is a true pobia in that it is irrational fear.

I had no idea the deck was about a band?

Yeah it is the *F* word indeed!!!

You indeed lol - hey if it's a generational thing, at least I went through a regression session and basically you take so much from your mother during the womb stage. Whatever she thinks, feels, does, etc. is merged with you and you cannot differentiate, so you take it in as personal experience. I had to go back and make a conscious distinction of the things that were affecting me in my life today which I took from my mother then.

But all in all, I doubt there are many "f"s in this deck. I promise I'll let you know what I get it :)

strings of life

Ordered. It's gorgeous!

Winterchild

Awwwwww...

You indeed lol - hey if it's a generational thing, at least I went through a regression session and basically you take so much from your mother during the womb stage. Whatever she thinks, feels, does, etc. is merged with you and you cannot differentiate, so you take it in as personal experience. I had to go back and make a conscious distinction of the things that were affecting me in my life today which I took from my mother then.

But all in all, I doubt there are many "f"s in this deck. I promise I'll let you know what I get it :)

Awwww Thank you GrailSidhe I feel like family now, now that you understand about the *F* word here... thanks Ratty xox!