Have you created your own oracle?

Uma

The tarot creation thread is all about tarot. I was wondering if anyone here has created their own oracle deck, and what that was like for them? I think these would be very powerful cards.

Lee

As a matter of fact, AT member SpiritOfTheDogz recently posted about her Snapshot Oracle. :)

Uma

I did!:)) and there is accompanying free pdf guidebook with chapter you can read all about it!^^
check it out here https://sites.google.com/site/chakralenormand/

reall, thanks this is just awesome - beautiful, cute and adorable too! I fell in love with the little fox but the message you gave with it was disconcerting! I love that you have linked this deck with the chakras too. Congratulations. I wish you much success with it.

In your blog you write:
"I recommend every reader to make your deck!^^ it helps you learn so much about cards and yourself and many more"

Would you share more of your thoughts about this?

hermit-IX

wow this is great, i never thought of this. i'm gonna do it. can i come up with whatever messages i want, use however many cards i want, etc?

reall

reall, thanks this is just awesome - beautiful, cute and adorable too! I fell in love with the little fox but the message you gave with it was disconcerting! I love that you have linked this deck with the chakras too. Congratulations. I wish you much success with it.

In your blog you write:
"I recommend every reader to make your deck!^^ it helps you learn so much about cards and yourself and many more"

Would you share more of your thoughts about this?

OMG! just noticed this post now!x,x facepalm
THANK YOU!^^ it was success in its own way as it served its purpose to make me walk new path and learn something new and find its way to people who appreciate it!^^:))

Fox is one of my fav cards!^^ and message should be something like it's not all about the look/be aware!^^ as noted in book, I did research for each card and history of fortune telling and older Lenormand decks,,, and discovered so much while doing so!:)) then painted each card considering all that while taking notes of ideas I had in process, it make me realize so much about things I was dealing for a while/mostly on personal level (this is probably why painting is considered therapy!^^ lolz ;))) and hopefully help me grow to better person?x,x as often card I was painting that day had something like effect on a day with strange and unexpected things happening?x.x I was freaked by that at first so much that I even dreaded painting specific cards afraid what will happen if that energy enter my day?x,x facepalm :)) but then learned to accept it as it is with open mind and without judgement that let energy to flow and resolve on its own,,, in the end that's how we should deal with everything? :)
and on practical side I learned all from how to turn idea/inspiration into work to preparing your deck for print and POD service to web page design!^^ lolz
all that make my next project much easier as I know what to expect and how to do it!^^ so if you need advice or anything about that feel free to ask!^^ best luck if you decide to take that road!^^ it takes time and nerve to do it but it's all worth that FEELING HOLDING THE DECK YOU ALWAYS WANTED IN YOUR HANDS!^^ and knowing YOU MAKE IT POSSIBLE!^^ PRICELESS!XD lolz :))

wow this is great, i never thought of this. i'm gonna do it. can i come up with whatever messages i want, use however many cards i want, etc?
YES!^^ THAT'S THE BEST PART! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!;D YOU DO IT EXACTLY WAY YOU LIKE IT AND DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE!XD :)))

BeyondtheVeil

hermit-1X

I would think so. If you are making it then the images & messages should reflect what you feel and relate to. You can make an oracle with your own meanings/numbers/etc to reflect what feels right to you. That is how I am going to do mine at least. :D lol

My oracle won't be like everyone else's, but the point is to make something that is personal/important to me. It will only be for me...so I guess I can do that. lol
I'm not sure when I will do it, but I have gotten inspiration from attending some Psychic Fairs. Some readers there had made their own oracle/tarot/divination items. Some I couldn't connect with at all, but the readers seem to really be in the zone.

I would be interested to see your deck when you finish. I hope to start doing a card soon. I don't have time to sit down to do an entire deck, but I can every now & then.

Good luck to you!
BeyondtheVeil

Ace

I truly believe that ANYTHING can be an oracle if you want it to be.

To prove it, I do "Valentine Candy Heart" readings in February, when I can get candy hearts.

I decide what the color means (green would be jealousy, white, being realistic, yellow is joy, purple is passion, blue sadness, wherever.) and read and interpret the message. it is fun to add as an extra treat on a tarot reading at that time of year.

Also: after discussing this idea with a friend, we did Chocolate readings at Science fiction convention one year. We each created M&M readings (I used my horoscope spread to spread them and then read the colors) and I successfully scryed on a broken chocolate bar. We had a great time!

barb

Ace

As a matter of fact, AT member SpiritOfTheDogz recently posted about her Snapshot Oracle. :)

BTW: those are WONDERFUL pictures and I can see it as an oracle too! I felt drawn right into some of the shots.

barb