Hope Spread

nirvie

Whenever I'm hoping for something or feel challenged by something I'm trying to achieve I always end up reading a favourite quote of mine and finding inspiration in it. So I created a spread that is based off of that quote with the purpose of giving insight and guidance into those situations where all you have is hope.

The Quote:
"Hope is not blind optimism.
It's not ignoring the enormity of the tasks ahead or the roadblocks that stand in our path.
It's not sitting on the sidelines or shirking from a fight.

Hope is that thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the courage to reach for it and to work for it and to fight for it."

The Spread:

****1****
*2**3**4*
****5****

1) What you are hoping for -- there's two ways this card could be selected, by either drawing a card normally for this position when you draw cards for the rest of the spread, or by picking a card out of the deck before doing the spread that you feel is representative of what you are hoping for.
2) Roadblocks to be overcome
3) Where you can find your courage
4) Advice for fighting for it
5) What awaits you if you follow through

brightbrook

this is beautiful
i love the simplicity and precision!

SwordsQueen

Ais

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! I'm in a situation where all I have is hope and faith. This is a brilliant, wonderfully concise spread :)

Dolphin_Dreamer

I just did this and posted http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1821867#post1821867 (Your readings)

This spread surprised me. I've tried many spreads here and most end up confusing me. This did answer a question that I have been asking myself for a long time and put it simply and in my case exactly. Most spreads I have done on myself, whether they are of my own making or from here, have never pegged me so correctly. I honestly expected this to be vague or needing elaboration, but wow it didn't! Great spread Nirvie!!!!!!!