unusual horseshoe spread

girlgeek

There is an unusual horseshoe spread in _Super Tarot_ that doesn't have the meanings for the cards. I'm just looking for an idea about what cards 1-3 and 10-14 could mean. It's a big, beautiful spread that I would love to play around with. Thank you all for any insight you may have.

-----6--7
---5-------8
--4----------9
3-----13------10
2-----14------11
1-------------12

Mystical Explorer

I have a book called “The Psychic Explorer” and in this book there is a section on the tarot. The chapter on the tarot has several spreads one which is called the “Horseshoe Spread”. It consists of 7 cards. This spread is used to answer a certain question, rather than finding out the general scene:

---1-------7---
-2-----------6-
---3-------5---
-------4--------

Card 1 Past influences.
Card 2 Present circumstances.
Card 3 General future outlook.
Card 4 Best path to follow.
Card 5 Opinions and attitude of others.
Card 6 Obstacles in the way.
Card 7 The probable outcome.

Perhaps in your spread card 1 can be a signifier card. Card 3 a past influence card. Card 10 the future and card 14 could be the best path to follow.

I hope that some these ideas may help you.

rwcarter

Well, in the book she says to look in her earlier books and those of Rachel Pollack for more info on that spread. I've looked in Tarot in Action! and Fortune-telling by Tarot Cards and don't see any mention there.

Here's a suggestion for tailoring the spread, although it involves reading the cards in a different order than you lay them out:

4,5 - Immediate Past
6,7 - Present
8,9 - Immediate Future
1,2,3 - Forces Against
10,11,12 - Forces For
13,14 - Querent's Hopes and Fears

Tweak as necessary til you find something you like. You could also look at the spread as a two pathways/decision-making spread with 1-6 representing one path, 7-12 representing the other and 13-14 representing advice.

HTH,
Rodney