card Fox facing - trusthworthy/clever versus false

andybc

I've found that you have to be quite careful associating positives with the negative cards. Several cards do change from positive to very negative but that's when they're near the Clouds (Cloverleaf, Stars) and so can a couple of neutrals (Roads). But when the Fox is by good cards he tends to cast doubt on their positivity.

Several of my students in the past associated Fox with work, and they struggled in deciding when the Fox was work/neutral or positive or being sly/negative. When I set them lessons on yes/no questions they struggled particularly because that is done by dominance of negative or positive.

Whilst I do understand why some people might see the Fox animal as a symbol of work it is not in keeping with the Lenormand emblem. It's a bit like trying to reinterpt the Sibilla falsità card because we like cats.

There really is no individual work card but several who deal with different themes relating to employment (Ship, Moon, Anchor). But these also deal with inheritences and love, for instance.

Lee

Hi folks,

This thread is specifically about positive/negative attributes of Fox. For further discussions about Fox as work, we have a new thread (split off from another thread):

Fox as work

Also, please hold off on posting further replies to the thread starter until the thread starter returns to post feedback.

Thanks,
Lee, Lenormand Moderator

intothemusic

I've been reading these cards for almost 8 years and I've never used the direction. I agree the fox can be a very tricky card. But one definition which i really don't see around much-- is that this card also can mean 'caution' and 'hesitancy' and in some case 'fear of something' Think about that slow, stealth walk the fox does? careful not to attract any attention...(predators etc).

I've done many readings where the fox and the ring represents 'fear of commitment'. or where the fox has shown to describe me as being "paranoid' over something. Or when I ask "is what i'm thinking true?" and it shows me the "fox." as in no, what you're thinking is NOT true.

Next a person it's not always that the person is just a liar-- often it represents someone very shrewd and clever. It does depend on the overall vibe of the cards though. But as someone said, the bottom line is true about the Lenormand, it's really meant for very intuitive people and can get extremely confusing if you're going by some of the stale definitions.

A good tip is just trust the first feeling the card gives you. That's usually the answer of what it means. The cards are speaking to you - so if you set the intention that the fox means "X" that's how they'll communicate. The cards can rule you or you can rule them. :)

monisina

Thank you for all comments.

Everytime I use the great Table, the work is described by Anchor card - it fits reality of my situations.

But it is very difficult for me to find out if concrete person I don´t know well is trustworthy and clever or is liar (I get very often Fox in the house of man or Fox at backside of Man). Probably it can signify that my opinion about him or about events related to him are not such as are in reality???
I dont´think Fox describes his good skills or hard-working behaviour while he does not behave by this ways.
What I get very often related to him is Fox-Clover = pretended joy. It fits to him.

Now I meet an another new man and he claimed he takes interest to me and wants to know me better and he is single. But I again got Fox in the house of Man. Need I be sceptical???

Very interesting new comment from you is that Fox card can also mean hesitancy and fear to do something. Yes, I feel some barrier from above mentioned man.

Again, thank you for your comment.

intothemusic

Thank you for all comments.

Everytime I use the great Table, the work is described by Anchor card - it fits reality of my situations.

But it is very difficult for me to find out if concrete person I don´t know well is trustworthy and clever or is liar (I get very often Fox in the house of man or Fox at backside of Man). Probably it can signify that my opinion about him or about events related to him are not such as are in reality???
I dont´think Fox describes his good skills or hard-working behaviour while he does not behave by this ways.
What I get very often related to him is Fox-Clover = pretended joy. It fits to him.

Now I meet an another new man and he claimed he takes interest to me and wants to know me better and he is single. But I again got Fox in the house of Man. Need I be sceptical???

Very interesting new comment from you is that Fox card can also mean hesitancy and fear to do something. Yes, I feel some barrier from above mentioned man.

Again, thank you for your comment.

monisina, my sense is that the cards are projecting your lack of trust about these men, hence why the fox keeps appearing on their house. :)

monisina

monisina, my sense is that the cards are projecting your lack of trust about these men, hence why the fox keeps appearing on their house. :)

Thank you for your comment. But everytime Fox appeared in the house of Man I asked my card about them - their feelings, thoughs, plans and next activity to me thus Grand Table was made of them with Man card as Significator.

intothemusic

Thank you for your comment. But everytime Fox appeared in the house of Man I asked my card about them - their feelings, thoughs, plans and next activity to me thus Grand Table was made of them with Man card as Significator.

Well, the way the question is being asked might be the issue. Because the GT is showing you different aspects of his life if the spread is being done on him. If the GT is about him-- then it could very well be that he has work on his mind. You would have to find his card in relation to your card to see how he might perceive you.

You might want to just keep it simple and ask the cards if can can trust this man-- and see what they reply.