Common Sense Lenormand - Level I

Lee

Lee, I just wanted to say I totally understand where you are coming and I think this is very conducive to learning and interesting.

I also wouldn’t say it was totally untraditional, either. A lot of what people say are ‘traditional’ (i.e. French or German school misnomer) is not. I hope this serves you well, and those who follow it also. Good luck.
Thanks Andy, it's very much appreciated. :)

daphne

I think it would depend on the question. For instance, you might have something that you're concerned about that's coming up in the future, so you might ask something like, "How does the future event affect me in the present?" In that case, the Cause cards would be the future, and the Effect cards would represent the present.

Or you could ask, "Am worrying too much about the future?" The Cause cards would represent the future, and the Effect cards would be the past.

For most people, in most situations, the Cause and Effect would be past/present (Cause) and future (Effect). I just wanted to point out that it doesn't necessarily have to be that way.

Wow, nice! And so simple, though, thank you for reformulating, now I understand what you meant.

I was always asking the other way around, like: what is the situation/feelings/attitude now regarding the up-coming event.

I never thought in terms of the future causing the present. I like the idea, has a flavor of s.f.

Lee

I never thought in terms of the future causing the present. I like the idea, has a flavor of s.f.
In the same vein, if you look at my meanings, the key phrase for Roads is "Alternate futures." :)

Lee

I've added in-line photos of all the example layouts in the Level I (this thread), Level II, and Level III threads, making them much easier to follow. Enjoy! :)

daphne

Thank you, Lee!

I intend to write your meanings on a Len. deck I have (I am still not able to read lenormand) and see how it goes.

PS. I LOVE! the support that you used for the cards in the picture, a table or a floor?

Lee

Thank you, Lee!

I intend to write your meanings on a Len. deck I have (I am still not able to read lenormand) and see how it goes.

PS. I LOVE! the support that you used for the cards in the picture, a table or a floor?
You're very welcome! The background is a coffee table that I got at Pier 1 Imports.

IHeartRescues

Common Sense Lenormand Level 1

Hi Lee! Just wanted you to know this thread you so kindly wrote up is Not dead lol!

I am working my way thru another course at the moment but have plans to return to this and give this a try when i have finished. Glad to have found this.

Lee

Hi Lee! Just wanted you to know this thread you so kindly wrote up is Not dead lol!

I am working my way thru another course at the moment but have plans to return to this and give this a try when i have finished. Glad to have found this.
Hi IHeartRescues, welcome to Aeclectic! :)

IHeartRescues

Common Sense Lenormand - Level 1

Why thank you Lee :) Been reading deck reviews here for about oh 10 yrs now, on and off. While I was off fm 2009 til 6 months ago, the Lenormand hit. LOL

ana luisa

OMG!!! What a detailed explanation, Lee !! Thank you so much for going through the trouble of sharing in such detail. Just like Shadowdancer, I 'm off to lunch but WILL COME BACK and read through it with a lot of interest. I am 100% non-traditional in Lenormand reading so maybe this can give me some necessary discipline :) Thank you again for sharing !