Common Sense Lenormand - Level III

DownUnderNZer

Better...puts it into perspective a little bit more.
As it was it made no sense to me as to how you got from A to C.

A lot of steps to do though for a four line answer, but definitely good practise using one chosen card from a row to expand on what that card means or to shed more light.

Question: A friend of mine is going to spend a year working in a foreign country. He wants to know how the year will go.

Answer: Spending a year in a foreign country will allow him to cross cultural barriers and make new friends, something which he has been unable to do in his present situation because of the jealousy and narrow-mindedness of his current friends. It will also bring the potential for rewards and promotion from his boss.

The only information that he "filled me in on" was that he was going to spend a year working in a foreign country and that his boss was female. The rest of the information came from the cards.

Rayo

Very interesting method!
I tried it asking how to deal with a problem at work. The cause side was right on target. The effect was positive and I actually got the same cards I got before when asking questions on this subject. The pivot which would be crucial for this particular question was the Heart! That was weird! So I made a second line, asking for further clarification on the Heart, and then a third line from that. Everything was very accurate and related really well with the question asked, though I'm still a little unsure on how to interpret the heart in that position. It's almost like a fairytale advice: "The answer is in your heart! Listen to it and magic will happen!"
The second and third lines indicated problems at home weighting on me and preventing me from concentrating at work. Apparently once I deal with that, I will find the solution.

Now I want to try the Level II method. I was even thinking about using tarot cards for the houses just to see what happens. I've tried mixing tarot and lenormand before and the result was amazing and impressively easy to read.

Rayo

Better...puts it into perspective a little bit more.
As it was it made no sense to me as to how you got from A to C.

A lot of steps to do though for a four line answer, but definitely good practise using one chosen card from a row to expand on what that card means or to shed more light.

I think you should also note that he asked more questions about the cause rather than the effect, so naturally the answers were related to that. Maybe if he had expanded on the Star card for example, the whole thing would sound very different.

Lee

Everything was very accurate and related really well with the question asked, though I'm still a little unsure on how to interpret the heart in that position.
Glad to hear it worked well for you! If you'd like to post the cards that came up in your reading, we can take a look at them.

Now I want to try the Level II method. I was even thinking about using tarot cards for the houses just to see what happens. I've tried mixing tarot and lenormand before and the result was amazing and impressively easy to read.
Sounds great, let us know how it goes.

Rayo

Ok, my questions was about a presentation I have to give. I haven't finished preparing it and it's already late. I asked how I could get it done.

On the main line I got: Rider + snake + heart + garden + bouquet

The effect is the presentation itself, I make tons of presentations and the garden is always about them. With the bouquet it seems like it'll go well.
The cause is a snake in the rider's path. I understood as delays, I also thought that I had failed to pace myself when organizing things way back when I started preparing for this presentation.
The pivot is my heart. My emotions? Is that what's holding me back? So dealing with my emotions will take me to the desired effect?

So I made a second line to understand that heart some more and the result was nice!
I got: Key + heart + fish + bear + house

The key was like a red flag: "Yes! Look at me! The solution is right here!"
The cause is essentially inside me.
The pivot I read as independence from...
The effect: my overbearing family (especially my mother). The bear often comes up as my mother and we have issues between us... I also felt the bear+house could be related to finding the strength to deal with my family.

So I wanted to understand that bear: is it my strength or my difficult family?
I got Stork + bear + clover + moon + dog

This is annoyingly accurate. The truth is that I've always submitted to my dominating mother and one fine day I made a friend who taught me how to stand up for myself. This happened incredibly and overnight.
That's the clover in the pivot position. A bizarre moment of pure luck.
The moon + dog is my friend showing me the way.
The stork + bear is the change in the dynamic between my mother and I.
I was a little lost here on how to relate these two combinations to the cause and effect idea, but the cards were so obvious I'm pretty sure that's what they meant.

Then we have the stork under the snake: indeed these sudden changes happened while I was preparing this presentation at work and I did concentrate on my family problems and neglected work for a while.
The clover is under the garden and the moon under the bouquet: with a little luck everything will be fine in the end. The presentation will probably be a success.

When I read it before I thought the whole point was the heart, dealing with emotions and all, but now looking again, maybe the real point is the fish: independence.

Lee

Ok, my questions was about a presentation I have to give. I haven't finished preparing it and it's already late. I asked how I could get it done.

Excellent reading!

If I were interpreting it, the only refinement I would make is, in the first line, Rider+Snake might mean too many incoming problems i.e. distractions. Heart might mean compassion for yourself, in other words not expecting yourself to be able to handle everything in your life at once, plus preparing for the presentation on top of it.

Compassion for yourself would also fit in with the vertical line -- one way of showing compassion for yourself is distancing yourself from problems relating to your mother and family.

Regarding the cause-and-effect structure for the third line, you might phrase it this way:

"The need for improvement (Stork) in your relations with your mother (Bear) serendipitously caused (Clover) the positive intervention of your friend (Dog)."

One of my meanings for the Moon is "reflected glory," so we might see Dog+Moon as indicating that your friend helped you not be introducing you to a completely new concept, but helping you see something that a part of you already knew.

This is my first time experimenting with in-line photos, which I hadn't realized was possible until my friend Glass Owl told me. My apologies for the flash -- an accomplished photographer I'm not! I plan to go back through my Common Sense threads and add in-line photos, and also to kalliope's reading as well, perhaps by next weekend.

kalliope

Thought I'd update the reading I posted here.

So in general it was a lovely vacation, and there were no big troubles. We were, however, under the impression that the house was beachfront property, but it turned out to be down the street from the shore. The "private beach" was a short walk away, and really wasn't suited to much except for reading in a chair, and only at low tide. We'd hoped to be able to flit back and forth between the house and beach easily, but it turned out that we had to pack up to make the 20 minute trek to the beach we favored. So that was a little disappointing. We all agreed that if we returned, we'd want a house with direct beach access. The reading was accurate about our hopes leading to disappointment about the house.

In addition, the air conditioning was a little weak, and the door to the room my husband and I shared wouldn't close because the door jam was off-kilter. (If I wanted to be a little cheeky, I'd say Clover-Lilies-Whip-Anchor-Fox may have referred also to thwarted hopes and spoiled chances for a little private romantic time. :laugh:)

There were some storms and rain, but it passed and for the most part we enjoyed nice weather, good swimming, and a lot of sun (too much in fact as we all got sunburned!) So you were right, Lee, the Mountain wasn't as bad as I thought. :)

Lee

Thought I'd update the reading I posted here.
I'm glad the vacation went well! It's a perfect example of how some readings look dire when the cards are laid out but when translated into real life, it all gets toned down. It's interesting that even though it's all toned down, the interpretation you originally posted turned out to be completely correct.