Intuition Discussion Launched from Key Word Thread

Teheuti

I know this is an unpopular perspective, but a lot of what people call 'intuition' consists of personal assumptions, beliefs, opinions and prejudices. Studies have shown (see Gerd Gigerenzer, Director of the Max Planck Institute for Human Development, among many other researchers) that most intuitions are right about 50% of the time. The percentage goes up with trained intuition (both in a related field and in using one's intuition) and with 'rules of thumb' that act as feedback and confirmation points. Much of what is called 'intuition' are information and impressions picked up subconsciously and assembled into a recognizable pattern at lightning speed. Intuition has the advantage of being the fastest way to get from A to Z without having to laboriously go through all the letters in between.

If messages from Spirit or G-d were always correct then shouldn't we all be listening to those fundamentalist preachers who claim a direct line to a Divinity that speaks for all humankind? Or is each person's g-d unique and in competition with all the other g-ds/Spirits? And, if so, how do we know that our message is relevant to the client who obviously has a different unique Spirit of their own?

andybc

I was shot down, once, for saying that the Petit Lenormand is not read intuitively on this forum. The actually discussion was centred on how the definition of intuition is frequently misused. And how to those who champion the modernist take, see it as mutually exclusive to study.

If we go with real definition of intuition – that is immediate cognition without discourse – as long as the person has studied the cards’ signification the process of combination should, always, be intuitive i.e. Tree – High Tower, long healthy life versus Tree – High Tower – Clouds terminal illness or serious debilitating health condition. You should be able to combine the cards with ease, and under any appropriate context.

That is achieved through studying and making a rapport. I firmly believe intuition is needed.

However, going by way of how ‘intuition’ is often interpreted today, i.e. look at a card and see what symbol calls out to you and-make-it-as-you-go-along, I can imagine the Lenormand cards are more challenging. The traditional decks are sparse because they are just embellished Alemannic playing cards. Lenormand has never, ever been traditionally read like that and I think it is counterproductive.

andybc

If messages from Spirit or G-d were always correct then shouldn't we all be listening to those fundamentalist preachers who claim a direct line to a Divinity that speaks for all humankind? Or is each person's g-d unique and in competition with all the other g-ds/Spirits? And, if so, how do we know that our message is relevant to the client who obviously has a different unique Spirit of their own?

Well said. Also what they say about hot headed fanatics - loads in the divination world.

Izzydunne

Tehuti said:

"A lot of what people call 'intuition' consists of personal assumptions, beliefs, opinions and prejudiced."

Good Lord, ain't it the truth. Unless someone is somewhat clear, and slows their life down a bit, the true voice of intuition cannot be heard, and only the yammering of the ego comes through in the form of assumptions, beliefs, opinions, and prejudices as you have stated.

Izzydunne

Tehuti said:

"If messages from Spirit or God were always correct, then shouldn't be all be listening to fundamentalist preachers who claim a direct lint to divinity."

Messages from Spirit or God are always correct. Fundamentalists , whether they are Muslim, Jewish, Christian, or New Agers who claim to speak for God are seriously deluding themselves and those who follow them.

Teheuti

Messages from Spirit or God are always correct. Fundamentalists , whether they are Muslim, Jewish, Christian, or New Agers who claim to speak for God are seriously deluding themselves and those who follow them.
Even those who firmly believe that they are receiving a message from Spirit? How do we know if a reader is 'deluded' (your word) or receiving an authentic message?

Amanaki

There are readers who do have the real ability as clairvoyant and there are people who claims to be clairvoyant who really is not. But this does not mean that it is not someone who can get some kind of messages from beyond our physical world :)

Of course this is a matter of believing its something more then only humans.

for those who are Clairvoyant i feel they should be allowed to use the skill they have and not be looked down on.

Amanaki

Teheuti

for those who are Clairvoyant i feel they should be allowed to use the skill they have and not be looked down on.
I agree completely. But, let's say you go for a Lenormand reading and the person tells you they read the cards clairvoyantly, getting messages directly from Spirit. Do you take their word for it as a message for you from G-d (God, Goddess, All That Is) if they say it is? How about if you know the Lenormand cards and that's not at all what the Lenormand cards are saying? How about if the information doesn't 'feel' right? Who/what do you believe?

andybc

Even those who firmly believe that they are receiving a message from Spirit? How do we know if a reader is 'deluded' (your word) or receiving an authentic message?

Therein lies the truth. I'm sure every hardline fanatic believes they've slowed their lives down and are listening to the 'true voice of intuition'. But theirs is a hot head.

Amanaki

Teheuti

If someone was reading for me and said they used Clairvoyant skills i would think it is good, but i would hope they read the lenormand cards as what they are and give me the answer those cards say, then if they could add more information to me from their skills, that would be good for me :)

Amanaki :)