Intuition Discussion Launched from Key Word Thread

Barleywine

If we go with real definition of intuition – that is immediate cognition without discourse – as long as the person has studied the cards’ signification the process of combination should, always, be intuitive i.e. Tree – High Tower, long healthy life versus Tree – High Tower – Clouds terminal illness or serious debilitating health condition. You should be able to combine the cards with ease, and under any appropriate context.

That is achieved through studying and making a rapport. I firmly believe intuition is needed.

My personal experience is that study and practice create "conditioning," not intuitive acumen. Automatically making sense of a card combination with just a glance is a conditioned response, not primarily an intuitive one. I resort to intuitive insights (although I won't deny that they could be obcure, long-forgotten associations dredged up from my subconscious) when I'm having trouble making 1+1 equal 2, because they ignite my imagination and give me new grist for the mill. For me, they are a means to an end, not an end in themselves. I never open a reading (and especially not a Lenormand reading) expecting I'm going to get a lightning-flash of intuitive revelation that makes everything perfectly clear. Intuition as I see it helps me bridge apparently unbridgeable gaps in continuity, but the link forged in this way still has to be tested in practical terms - usually through verifying with the querent whether it makes sense within the context of the question.

Izzydunne

Tehuti said:

"How do we know if they are delusional or receiving an authentic message?"

If it speaks of love, and light it is authentic. If it speaks of fear it is not.

If it is accurate then it is authentic.

If it is inaccurate then it is from the ego.

Not so complex, really.

Amanaki

Izziedunne

if there is something Higher beings then human, and there is the force of evil, you dont think the evil could be deceiving and play the good too?
Only the true clairvoyent can tell if what he or she is seeing/hearing is true to a certain point i would say :)

Amanaki

Izzydunne

Anamaki:

"A force of evil."

If you wish to believe in evil that is just fine. That which you call evil only exists when humans turn from the light and embrace the separation that the ego perceives.

"Only a true clairvoyant can tell if what he/she is hearing is true."

We have already established that humans have an infinite capacity at self-delusion.

Teheuti

Tehuti said:

If it speaks of love, and light it is authentic. If it speaks of fear it is not.

Not so complex, really.
So a self-proclaimed clairvoyant reader, who seems to be filled with a loving heart and goodwill, tells me I am a being of love and light, and that I am being held back from doing my true life's work by a difficult partner who is struggling along a different path
let's say I've drawn Birds-Whip-Man-Crossroads-Stars
and that Spirit says that although there will always be love between us, I must leave this man to manifest my highest potential.

We have a situation of:
#1 - The reader seems to be genuinely coming from a place of loving kindness and helpfulness.
#2 - it is accurate in that my partner and I are having problems and some of our interests lie in different areas. The situation is not violent in any way and we deeply care for each other.
#3 - the facts are essentially accurate although not dire, but I won't know if the message to leave this man is right or not (and I may never know no matter what choice I make).

These are not idle questions. I come across this kind of thing ALL THE TIME - well-meaning people with the best of intentions). A great many readers are very definitive about what the client should (and even must) do, sometimes even when the cards seem to indicate something quite different (because Spirit is giving them a message).

If Sylvia Brown were to tell me that my missing child is dead, should I believe her?

Teheuti

Here are some suggestions I made at a recent Tarot workshop. Generally speaking they apply to Lenormand, although I tend to stress always going back to basics with Lenormand as a double-check for any 'intuitions' or modern meanings I've seen.

• Study Tarot/Lenormand and practice your skills. The more expert you are, the more you’ll feel secure going with your instincts and intuitions, rather than overanalyzing.

• Learn to pay attention to your immediate emotional reactions. When there are multiple, complex variables, go with hunches, gut feelings, intuitions, instinct - what 'feels' right in the moment.

• Apply reason and analysis when there are simple problems with few variables or clear odds. Which card meanings relate directly to the question asked? What are the “odds” that something will happen? What's the least costly choice (allowing a person to still try something else)?

• Recognize when your own impulsiveness, desires, biases or 'cognitive dissonance' is getting in the way of assessing the cards.

• Be wary of too much certitude or smugness. The more you feel a need to convince someone or prove something, the more likely it is that your own biases are involved.

• Listen to the arguments inside your head; leave room for mental debate. Don't be afraid to share this with a querent (“Usually this card means this, but I keep feeling that . . .”).

• Be introspective: study your own thought processes.

• Become a student of error. Value and learn from wrong insights, thus training your neurons to recognize signs of these for you.

• Recognize psychic insights. They usually have no emotional charge, seeming natural and unremarkable—something just is. You don't have to prove anything. (There are a few exceptions; get to know what these are.)

• Separate your sympathetic desire to fix a situation from your own feelings of either empathy or unease. Try being a "fair witness" of what the person is going through without having to fix it.

• Develop several strategies for obtaining information. If one of the above seems suspect, approach the issue from a different, conflicting perspective (be a devil's advocate), take a break (look at some other aspect of the reading). Then go with your gut feeling.

Amanaki

Teheuti

This last post you added is to great value to me :)
Just from reading it i understood i have some flaw in my own study :)
I will try doing those things you write here :) seem to be a good way to become better in Lenormand :)

Amanaki

intothemusic

Tehuti said:

Not so complex, really.

100% agree.

Izzydunne

Tehuti:

If anyone (or any internal voice) tells you what to do, they are not coming from a position of love and light. They are coming from a place of fear, ego, control, etc. No one has the right to say what a person must do. For better or worse, this is the dimension of free will. Screwing up is how we learn.

It is fine for a reader to accurately describe a situation, it is absolutely wrong to tell the client what to do.

As we know, (so called) good intentions are very dangerous when they involve controlling another.

And.......Sylvia Brown? I know you must be kidding.

intothemusic

Why would Lenormand be more difficult to reading intuitively than one of the Oracle decks that are designed to be read intuitively - say the original little Angel Cards or the SoulCards?

I have explored these kinds of decks before, but nothing consistent. The only other deck I really work with, other than just playing cards and the lenormand, is the Symbolon. But from the oracle decks I have used, they seem to spell out their meanings (often right on the card) and the meanings are open ended enough where we can go a bit deeper and find a way to fit it into our situation.

Lenormand, to me, is more like a language and can tell you the entire story on a very mundane level. But since there are so many variations of what each card could mean and then what each card can mean next to another card (and all that cards variations) i would imagine that they would be overwhelming and quite difficult to make sense of without the intuition guiding you.