Use of extra cards from Gilded Reverie

shadowdancer

Howdy :)

Just wanted to share a system that has proved to be of value on two occasions I have had cause to consider implications.

Ciro has added x 4 cards to his deck for the app and his OOP LE release. Those being: time / Bridge / Dice / Mask. I never remove them from the deck, and do believe they have value and can add to a reading. Maybe this example will encourage others to give them a go if in the past they have been unsure about using them.

I always had an idea of how bridge could be used. Getting across from left card to right card, but the card above the bridge? Could be a suggestion as to what to take, or what approach may actually make the transition easier.
The card below the bridge? Suggestion as to what to let go of or not take. What to drop into the water and let it go. Otherwise the transition may not be as smooth.

I am doing some fun/learning readings on Jack Reacher novels. This GT had all 30 cards.

Either side of the bridge were Sun and Whip
Above the bridge was Garden. Below the bridge was Moon.
Directly above the significator was Crossroads.

At start of book he has a choice (crossroads) of going back to the town of Hope (sun) or going on to the town of Despair (Whip) he should not have let emotion (moom) play a role but he did. He 'hated' ever going back to a place he had left so carried on. Bad move...lol. The community turned against him and he was intimidated before being run out of town. I think this summarises the sun / bridge / whip with the garden and moon cards above/below respectively. I always had the idea of the card below the bridge being something to let go of, let flow away. It proved right on this one. Emotion was what let him down because he was stubborn and let that hatred rule his head.

If I have insights from using the other extras I will post them, but for now Bridge has been the one that works really well with this system of above and below influences.