Three Queens together, what's it mean?

Stella

I am a beginer using the Goddess Tarot layout of Past Present and Future with the addition of a 4th Lesson card. When I did this spred the 2nd 3rd and 4th cards were all Queens. Swords, Cups and penticles respectively. (incidently the 1st card was 5 staves) Is there a special meaning of three Queens together?
Thanks Stella X

divinerguy

You may want to consider the combination in the context of the question being asked, because it can have several different meanings. It can mean many things, however, my initial thoughts are one of the following:

A meeting of 3 women or 3 like minded persons ...
The presence of female or leadership energy ...
An unavoidable female dominance in a particular situation ...

Consider the Queens in light of the question being asked. If that doesn't work, try drawing another card to help clarify the role of the Queens.

Rusty Neon

3 or 4 cards of the same sort

Although I myself don't use such a system (as it would involve too much memorization, perhaps), if you're interested in a pre-set system of assigning meaning to a group of 3 or 4 cards of the same sort, check out the Golden Dawn materials. This system appears to come from an earlier source. Three Queens would mean Power and Influential Friends.

You can see a list of this pre-set system at:

http://www.supertarot.co.uk/lessons/19similar.htm

Keslynn

Another thing you might want to consider is why you got those three and the Wands is missing. Perhaps it's telling you that some Wands power might kick start whatever it is into some action because you've got the other things semi-accomplished.

I also agree that it could mean a lot of people in your life, particularly women, but not necessarily. Also, take a look at your own actions and see if you've been manifesting these different queens.

divinerguy

Originally posted by Keslynn Another thing you might want to consider is why you got those three and the Wands is missing. Perhaps it's telling you that some Wands power might kick start whatever it is into some action because you've got the other things semi-accomplished.

Keslynn,

You absolutely blew me away with your analysis. It had never occured to me to do this in reverse. Kudos for Keslynn.

Do more, please.

Alex

too many women in the area

The guy is unavailable as things stand right now.

Keslynn

I want to give credit where credit is due. That is not my original technique, but I have found it very useful. I found it on James Rioux's webpage in his tarot articles. It's called the "Missing Card." I also believe he's a member here.

Here's the link:
http://jamesriouxctm.tripod.com/tarot/articles.html

:) Kes

Stella

Thanks for all these replies to my question. Divinerguy you have me remembering that things come in threes in my life and I now know who the three Queens are. Rusty Neon thanks for your Golden Dawn reference. Keslyn I had noticed the Queen of Staves was missing but hadn't considered the possible significance. I think you're right with the "kick start" idea. Perhaps the practicle application of the Queen of Staves is missing in the equation. And Alex, there's never too many women.
Thank you all
Stella X

Nao

Sometimes, it can also mean a part of yourself...or the changes that you may be going through that will affect you kinda thing. Court cards can sometimes signify a part of ourselves...and if many of appear, it could always mean a time of scattering energies, maybe? Or that things are happening in a way where different parts of you is coming out at a time? Are you going through a time where lots of stuff is happening relating to yourself? Or maybe a time where a lot of people are involved?

Just a thought. ^_-