• Poll closed .

Moonbow

Le Fanu said:
Missing the option (and what I would say of myself);

"I prefer Tarot/Oracle but can/do read playing cards as well"

OK, added to the poll. :)

Evie

DaughterOfDanu

I purchased a real gorgeous card deck and decided that this is my time to learn how to read with playing cards. So I plan on doing some research and learning the basics this week. :)

KMilliron

Was at WalMart and had one of those moments. Those moments where you suddenly decide to wander around and cause ruckus. During this venture (not even sure if Mom realised I was gone) I saw some "Marvel Extreme" playing cards. I love comics, and the only card deck in the house (other than my tarot ones) was missing two cards.

I've been wanting to start reading with playing cards, bonus points for cards having super heroes on them. :D Needless to say, I bought them.

cardlady22

Do post (or PM) which one is on which Pip & Court. I'm always fascinated to see if there are any correlations with meaning.

KMilliron

cardlady22 said:
Do post (or PM) which one is on which Pip & Court. I'm always fascinated to see if there are any correlations with meaning.
You mean the super heroes?
Hearts and diamonds have the same heroes, as does clubs and spades... Heroes also appear on more than one card.

H/D
Ace- Wolverine
2- Ghost Rider
3- Silver Surfer
4- Storm
5- Black Panther
6- Hulk
7- Dare Devil
8- Emma Frost
9- Human Torch
10- Thor
Jack/Knight- Iron Msn
Queen- Elektra
King- Captain America

S/S
Ace- Dare Devil
2- Luke Cage
3- Human Torch
4- Thor
5- Wolverine
6- Silver surfer
7- Storm
8- Black Panther
9- Iron Man
10- Captain America
Jack/Knight- Hulk
Queen- Emma Frost
King- Ghost Rider

The two Jokers are just "Wild Cards" with biohazard symbols. One has numbers, the other doesn't. I read with the wilds too.

Aulruna

Voted!

Actually, I started reading with playing cards when I was around 13, a few years before even looking at Tarot. In Europe, cartomancy is still very commonly used, lots of books around to learn from, and playing cards of course are cheap! Most systems I checked back then focused heavily on the "tall dark stranger" fortune telling aspects ... which of course was just what I wanted as a teen!

It has been only recently that I started to get into it again. Mainly researching vintage books right now, but I'm planning to finally start using my Playing Card Oracles (Ana Cortez).

KMilliron

Aulruna said:
Most systems I checked back then focused heavily on the "tall dark stranger" fortune telling aspects ... which of course was just what I wanted as a teen!
Haha ironically I'm the opposite. People see me wearing my black clothes, and drawing my dark spooky pictures, but when it comes to tarot I try and keep things light. I let them pick the deck and go "This one is the standard deck, but its mini and hard to use. I read with this deck better but it may seem scary. OOOHHH YOU SHOULD USE THE HELLO KITTY ONE!"

Haha. That and I can't pull off the tall dark stranger thing. I'm short and pale. :D

Aulruna

Well, the tall dark stranger is the one you are supposed to see in the cards, so he would not necessarily look like you ... It is a cliché of bad fortune tellers and oes not mean seeing spooky stuff in the cards. More related to love readings, actually :D

Bernice

Playing cards came first for me. Tarot cards came second. I can't imagine being without playing cards - no matter what other decks take my fancy (and there are plenty!), playing cards are a fixture :)

Bee :)