darwinia

The story so far

Okay, here are the particulars:

Book and Card set - ISBN 1572815248 - $22.64 CDN Amazon.ca

Hardcover book - ISBN 1572815221 - $17.36 CDN

Softcover book (not yet released) - ISBN 097198610X - $17.36 CDN

I ordered it--4 to 6 week delivery.

darwinia

In anticipation of getting this, I was smoodging around looking at the home site. There is a picture of Ana doing a reading with the deck, and I surprised that the cards look big. They seem to be much bigger than regular playing cards.

http://www.theplayingcardoracles.com/pages/readings.html

The other thing I liked is this:

52 cards - 52 weeks in the year
4 suits - 4 seasons in the year
13 cards in each suit - 13 weeks in each season
Total of numbers in each suit = 91 - 91 days in each season
Total of numbers in the Deck = 364 - 364 days in the Fixed Lunar Year.

I started at the beginning of the year to make a playing card deck--doing one per week in a large 4 x 6 inch format. They turned out to be much more detailed so I am not doing one per week, but I like that idea for creative projects. One per week, to make 52.

tinkerbell

ana cortez playing card oracle...............

this has been on my amazon wish list since well before christmas!
however, as i am in the UK, the set is still not available.
i love these cards, yet i too was interested to see how LARGE they are!
oh well, i'll keep waiting, and in the meantime i shall look forward to hearing about it from some of you!
love tinkerbell x

darwinia

tinkerbell said:
this has been on my amazon wish list since well before christmas!
however, as i am in the UK, the set is still not available.

Have you considered ordering from amazon.ca and having them ship it to the UK? I ordered mine from amazon.ca and it's in stock--their international shipping to the UK is $10.99 CDN per shipment and $4.99 per item.

So $10.99 + $4.99 + $22.64 = 38.62 CDN plus 7% GST = 2.70 (Goods and Services Tax which is like the VAT in the UK) = 41.32 CDN = £20.31 GBP

I think I've worked that out correctly, but you can try placing a dummy order and see if that's correct. See what you think about that.

tinkerbell

playing card oracle cards............

thanks for that darwinia!
i'll check that out!
tink x

tarobones

study group?

Is anybody studying this system? I have the deck and book and am wondering if others have it and are interested in studying. It's fascinating reading, so far at least. The system is independent of Tarot, and is complete in and of itself. The deck/book set is good. The author insists that any playing card deck would do, but the proprietary deck has details an ordinary deck would not. BB, Michael

darwinia

tarobones said:
Is anybody studying this system?

US Games still hasn't released it, so I'm waiting. Must have been some sort of delay because it was supposed to be out much earlier this year.

Phoenix Rising

tarobones said:
Is anybody studying this system? I have the deck and book and am wondering if others have it and are interested in studying. It's fascinating reading, so far at least. The system is independent of Tarot, and is complete in and of itself. The deck/book set is good. The author insists that any playing card deck would do, but the proprietary deck has details an ordinary deck would not. BB, Michael

Hi Tarobones

I've always had a soft spot for the playing cards, start a thread, I'd love to have a look at her method. Is it simillar to the hedgewytchery method?

Little Baron

One of the things I like about playing cards is that you have a wonderful oracle that doesn't require images - makes it more magical and charming, I feel. To put pictures on is a little like what Waite did to the tarot and limits interpretation. I like the hedgewitchery method because the cards read as a sentence. There are individual meanings for a more detailed response, but I feel that generally, it might hinder the natural flow and cause a reader to trip up along the way. I liked the look of the 'Key to the Kingdom' but for these reasons, i didn't think it would be that useful for the kind of cartomancy I mention.
Of course, this is all opinion :)

LB

tarobones

decks

US Games does indeed have the cards. I ordered the decks from them a few weeks ago. You don't need their deck, but the book and deck go together well. The deck does indeed have images.........sorry Little Buddha. The Book is rather involved, but it doesn't follow the Hedgewitcher method. It's a combination of numerology, studying the images of her deck (which enhance the reading but are not necessary), and something called geomancy.......quite fascinating and a unique system as far as I can tell. As a lover of Rider Waite scenic minors I don't want a debate about their worth or not. This is an entirely different system. But the book would be essential to studying the method. The illustrated deck is not. Hope we can get this going. I've been studying the book and cards and I think it would be fun to learn it. BB, Michael