Tarot: Mirror of the Soul

Quickening666

So I finally found this book on e-bay. I knew it would take ages to arrive since it was coming from America. Shortly after ordering it I got an e-mail from the supplier saying that he would have to order more stock so there would be an even longer delay.

Finally it arrived three days ago. I have to say, I am SO disappointed. I seriously believe I could write a better book on the tarot myself. I was disappointed with the lack of any interesting content. I mean 95% of the book consists of card meanings. He explains what the symbolism on each card means but anyone who knows the Book of Thoth knows he got many of these meanings plain wrong.
The rest of the book is just the generic advice for using the tarot, most of which is common sense. Very disappointed.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this book?

Scion

Nope.

I agree with you straight down the line. It's not as bad as the (hideous, pitiful, misguided, embarassing, useless) Angeles Arrien book, but it's definitely in that camp. For someone who just wants meanings you can always just go to Banzhaf... but now Snuffin has sort of superceded that. And Duquette is a better intro conceptually, until you're ready to go tho the Thource, I mean, the Book of Thoth itself. :D

gregory

Itth tho shtoopid....

GRUETHOME. One of my crappiest ever buys.

6 Haunted Days

Eh, I thought it was "ok". It was an on sale impulse buy, with books I get online I always do research 1st, like reading reviews as well as Amazon reviews. This book has a lot of bad reviews on it.

I very much love Duquette's book and Banzhaf's Keywords, which I find fascinating, and it works wonderfully with the Swedish Witch (very Thoth based) too!

6 Haunted Days

Scion said:
but now Snuffin has sort of superceded that.

I really respect your opinion, I've been very interested in Snuffin's new book on the Thoth, what's your take on it? Thanks :)

Scion

LOL Thanks 6... :)

I just posted a thing about it here in books. It's a great supplement. It's better than Banzhaf in some respects, but I don't know if it's a MUST purchase.

gregory

I was actually perfectly serious. I do have Duquette, and Ziegler is so NOTHING by comparison; U was more disappointed at the waste of money than anything..... It says almost nothing Thothy at all. I get much more info from Lillie....

gregory

PS - you do realise that it was the ZIEGLER book I was unimpressed with ? it has some info in - but not enough to justify paying money for it, and it isn't that revealing on the Thoth, IMHO.

I look forward to Snuffin's.... and I LOVE Duquette.... I also plan (on Lillie's recommendation) to read the Real Thing (the Book of Thoth) quite soon, too...)

Lillie

You'll have no problem.

Anyone who can write a fugue can read that.

I'll really have to read some of the others one day.

Scion

With all due respect, Lillie, what you really need to do is WRITE one, one of these days. :thumbsup: I'd buy that in a heartbeat.