Magical Messages from the Fairies

Pao

lord how much more $$ does she need...she's starting to repeat herself with decks now :laugh:

Little Hare

I think that's what bugs me the most Pao and also the fact that alot of her decks carry the same message on them. I do really like some of her decks (godess one and unicorn) but sometimes i just think 'overkill'

Pao

Oh definitely, I love healing w the angels, magickal unicorns, and archangel decks. but i have messages from the angels, and the mermaid one and i dont like those and i should sell or trade them. its repetition over and over only to make more $$ & its annoying. its like lady you are a multi millionaire and you need yet more $$$ by releasing the same thing.... i dont know....she's not the artist of these, she just has poor slobs making them in factories probably for $1 hr. it bugs me.

sorry rant

shadowbane

I have to say it but...how many more decks, how many more books. what
about allowing other unkown people the chance to make these decks and angel healers,fae healers a chance... it always says by doreen virtue..*ahem* and never says with collaboration with many artists.it upsets me as many people out there must want to make a deck for a specific reason i'e goddess. fairies and say oh look..

Doreens done it again.
I know ill make a dolphin deck...oh she's done it again. it's kinda scarey.

I admit too some of her decks are lovely and needed decks for the mainstream.the messages seem to be repeating on the cards though.

Oo rant...anyone have any chocolate?!?or a wall to bang my head off of.or an arm to bite lol.

I want to buy the froud deck in protest *hail froud*

I think its justa n endorsement by her though.

6 Haunted Days

shadowbane said:
I have to say it but...how many more decks, how many more books. what
about allowing other unkown people the chance to make these decks and angel healers,fae healers a chance... it always says by doreen virtue..*ahem* and never says with collaboration with many artists.it upsets me as many people out there must want to make a deck for a specific reason i'e goddess. fairies and say oh look..

Doreens done it again.
I know ill make a dolphin deck...oh she's done it again. it's kinda scarey.

I admit too some of her decks are lovely and needed decks for the mainstream.the messages seem to be repeating on the cards though.

Oo rant...anyone have any chocolate?!?or a wall to bang my head off of.or an arm to bite lol.

I want to buy the froud deck in protest *hail froud*

I agree wholeheartedly, but sadly her decks sell....and very well. Publishers for the most part look at the $$ signs and don't want to take a gamble on an unknown, which they also have to vigorously market and sell...as no one knows who they are.

I too wish there were more publishers willing to take that leap, there are so many wonderfully brilliant and talented artists and creators out there. Sidhe-Ra comes to mind with her Tarot of the Sidhe....a complete gem, filled with stunning evocative imagery of the Otherworld. I've wanted it badly for a long time now! But she's shopped it around to many publisher's and all turned it down. A shame! :( But a publisher did accept her Transparent Tarot (yessss!) and I believe mentioned some interest in The Tarot of the Sidhe after the other one is finished :D We can dream!

Star-Willow

I have her Goddess and Healing with the Faeries decks and my 10 yr old daughter has the Magickal Unicorns but I really don't think that I would be up for another deck, like others have said, they are much of the same..... I would however be interested in seeing the artwork of the new deck.

I'm with you shadowbane, I would love froud's deck but seeing how I am getting the Thoth for xmas I'll have to put it out there to my SO that I'd like it for easter :D

TheArchangelsBoy

I think her cards have some of the better imagery on them, thats why they sell so well.

I wish there was more oracle decks with better graphics. With the amount of awesome fantasy artists out there, we really do get some crap.

6 Haunted Days

TheArchangelsBoy said:
I think her cards have some of the better imagery on them, thats why they sell so well.

I wish there was more oracle decks with better graphics. With the amount of awesome fantasy artists out there, we really do get some crap.

I think there are tons of gorgeous oracles out there! IMO many of Virtues decks images are bad and "new agey". Not great art by any means. Healing with the Fairies is the best one art wise.

The other one I have by her is the Archangel one, there are maybe 5 cards where I love the images, and their all by the same artist lol. The rest..errr..just look cheesy and tacky, not at all showing the true nature of Angels.

Pao

6 Haunted Days said:
I think there are tons of gorgeous oracles out there!

yea like Madame Endora is absolutely gorgous! Ill keep the 3 that i like from Doreen but i dont know if i want more of the same msgs. I think even my angels are tired :laugh: The only reason why I kept buying hers is because I LOVE angels so much but some of the art like in messages from the angels kinda stinks.

and you know Shadowbane is right I NEVER saw it say "with colaborations", shame on her, she probably cant even draw and she's putting her name on these.

Ill wait to see what the art on these looks like but i dont think i will be getting new ones. I hope some new angel ones come out from a new artist :D

shadowbane

I cant agree that all the artwork on the decks are good the Arch Chamuel card bugs me for soulmate connection. I find some of the artwork knocks my socks off then some is selected and doesnt quite fit in. The borders on the cards are drawn well. Jonathan Earl bowser and Sharon George.
I bought the daily messages from the angels and felt bored with them. I cant bring myself to use them on a day to day basis. I see angels,goddess' etc as not just pretty beings but those with strength and power. I love the artwork and want to see more cards showing power in a deck. something striking and edgey and angels also have flaws like we do we arent perfecta ll the time.
If Doreen is reading this I dont dislike you but bored of the decks now its overkill and was so excited I had something unique something that seemed like a one off now its not unique.
froud is on my list now as its unique and only one deck made. I like the twist Sidhe has taken on the decks produced for me it shows guts and someone who wants to break from the norm.
I

Good on ya!