Questions on Elemental Correspondences and Courts

Polydeuces

Hey y'all, I've been reading the Tarot for a few years using primarily the Thoth deck, and am now branching out into other decks. One thing that I have found confusing is the difference in elemental qualities between court cards deck-to-deck, and also the "hierarchy" of some of the male characters, particularly the Knight-King or Prince-Knight (as in the Thoth) relationship.

Traditionally I always identified with the Kings as the Fiery part of their element, as in many texts pertaining to the GD tradition, Fire is seen as the most archetypal of the elements, corresponding to Atziluth and the rapid, all-transforming nature by which all is created.

But the Thoth deck has made this process a little weird in my learning because the Knights are supposedly the Kings, though their posture and motion is similar to that of Knights in other decks. The Princes with their chariots also imply motion, but they are seated on a mobile throne being drawn by their elementally corresponding astrological creatures, and in the Hermetic deck the "Princes" are actually called "Kings." From what I've pieced together Crowley articulated that the Knights in his deck were the "Real" kings, but I don't know how accurate that is, now that I'm thinking about it.

I acquired the Tyldwick Tarot some months ago but found myself somewhat put off by the fact that it doesn't lend itself in alleviating this same confusion. Once again, the Knights feature fire places which clearly articulate the correspondence of Fire, and once more the Kings which seem more regal and "mature" are in these Airy offices in their palaces.

So I guess my question is, which is it? Are the Kings Fire or are they Air, and which of these truly inhabits the realm of Chokmah? How does this relate to the imagery found in the Rider-Waite, and does that still apply? Are the Kings in the RWS Fiery or are they Airy? I understand it may not be so cut and dry, though in this case my interest is primarily in the realm of the Tyldwick Tarot. Can it be said that one of these male archetypes is more mature than another? Now that I'm thinking about it seems like a Knight is a Knight, and they are all Fiery and volatile, and it's possible that the Princes are really the "Kings" of the Thoth deck. But the Knights seem more mature to me than the Princes. Halp!

Any insight would be massively helpful. I've been meaning to ask this question to this wonderful community for some time now.