The Sun after Death in a relationship

kmagdalena09

It's been almost a month since I spoke to someone that's been in my life for years. He did something hurtful and I blocked him on my phone. I've been doing pretty well, but wondered if our paths would ever cross again. This was a Celtic Cross as our relationship was a complicated one...Death was in the near future and The Sun was the outcome. I take this to mean we will indeed NOT meet again, and will be able to be happy without one another?...Does anyone see it any differently? Thanks much.

rwcarter

Death can also mean transformation, so your relationship could transform into something else (just Facebook friends or email only) and the Sun could indicate that you're both happy with that outcome.

kmagdalena09

Death can also mean transformation, so your relationship could transform into something else (just Facebook friends or email only) and the Sun could indicate that you're both happy with that outcome.

Yeah, I thought about the "change" aspect too. I guess I just didn't have a lot of hope for that. Thanks!

traversee

if it was tower instead of death, I would interpret like you did. however, death -for me- means transformation instead of an end. you could become friends or the attitude of one of you may change after this experience.

but whatever happens, you're going to be fine or even better.

aurafields

Things ARe Looking Up!

It's been almost a month since I spoke to someone that's been in my life for years. He did something hurtful and I blocked him on my phone. I've been doing pretty well, but wondered if our paths would ever cross again. This was a Celtic Cross as our relationship was a complicated one...Death was in the near future and The Sun was the outcome. I take this to mean we will indeed NOT meet again, and will be able to be happy without one another?...Does anyone see it any differently? Thanks much.

Hi there, Without knowing all of the cards I can say at least that things do appear to be looking up in the end although there is a transformation in the near future of how you perceive this situation. However, I don't see it so differently than you do. But I would suggest you really explore the deeper meanings of all of the cards in your spread. You got two pretty good ones related to your question. Remember the death card can represent a sweeping transformation so great that it may cause the situation to appear as a death, or over, and ending. Yet, when we accept and release the situations depicted by the death card, (which the other cards may have directed you to do ) the change becomes easier and much faster- you get past the grieving and mourning process quicker. This is not a bad card to get in the near future position. It is always change, and it may represent your changing your mind about it in the near future. Perhaps you meet someone else and are so knocked off your feet you don't care about this guy anymore. The other cards in your spread should be able to provide you with deeper insight here. And with the sun in the final outcome, you have every reason to feel very positive about your prospects for the future. The sun promises that you will find the answer to your current problem and will find your way through this change with bells on! The sun tells you that you will be feeling lighter about things and encourages you to use your creative energies in some way as this will help you get through this time. If you paint or craft, cut hair or write, anything creative really, this would be a great way to get through this time, and it will help you come out on top. Also, if the sun came up for me in this position, I would think it may be telling me to get out with friends and have a good time as well. That's just my take. Hope it helps.

Virgo26

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. I had a similar reading recently where 'how the situation is progressing' was depicted by the Fool followed by Death and then the final outcome was the Sun. My thoughts were that taking a risk would cause a transformation in the relationship and things would look bright afterward. I'm still waiting to see how that unfolds, but that's how I viewed it.

PAMUYA

What you had has died. The Sun indicates new understanding, a new insight. You will see him again but in a new light.

moon_light

Death can mean transformation, but it could also be a more literal "dead to me" thing. You should do what you think is best, whether that means transforming the relationship or letting it go. Either way, the Sun suggests you'll make the appropriate choice and be happy.

For what it's worth, I think sometimes we hold on to people simply because they've been around a long time. I put up with a lot from my former best friend because, well, he'd been around the longest. When he finally did something really harmful, I cut all contact completely and never looked back. Didn't even tell him. For me, that worked wonderfully. My life is so much better now. Point is, don't let time be the major factor in deciding whether or not to keep people in your life. :)

kmagdalena09

if it was tower instead of death, I would interpret like you did. however, death -for me- means transformation instead of an end. you could become friends or the attitude of one of you may change after this experience.

but whatever happens, you're going to be fine or even better.

Well not really, cause the tower already happened. It was the breaking of our relationship. Why would it be in the future?

kmagdalena09

Hi there, Without knowing all of the cards I can say at least that things do appear to be looking up in the end although there is a transformation in the near future of how you perceive this situation. However, I don't see it so differently than you do. But I would suggest you really explore the deeper meanings of all of the cards in your spread. You got two pretty good ones related to your question. Remember the death card can represent a sweeping transformation so great that it may cause the situation to appear as a death, or over, and ending. Yet, when we accept and release the situations depicted by the death card, (which the other cards may have directed you to do ) the change becomes easier and much faster- you get past the grieving and mourning process quicker. This is not a bad card to get in the near future position. It is always change, and it may represent your changing your mind about it in the near future. Perhaps you meet someone else and are so knocked off your feet you don't care about this guy anymore. The other cards in your spread should be able to provide you with deeper insight here. And with the sun in the final outcome, you have every reason to feel very positive about your prospects for the future. The sun promises that you will find the answer to your current problem and will find your way through this change with bells on! The sun tells you that you will be feeling lighter about things and encourages you to use your creative energies in some way as this will help you get through this time. If you paint or craft, cut hair or write, anything creative really, this would be a great way to get through this time, and it will help you come out on top. Also, if the sun came up for me in this position, I would think it may be telling me to get out with friends and have a good time as well. That's just my take. Hope it helps.

I don't see transformation as "good" necessarily, though. I feel like I'm getting a lot of replies that assume I want us to rekindle what we had. I'm not sure that's best. If it did happen, and he grew up, and felt sorry, and truly grew beyond what he was going through, then fine. But otherwise...I'm fine going on without him. So, don't get me wrong, I'm not here to get sympathetic nudges about Death being about transformation rather than a definite ending ;)

HOWEVER, when I look back at readings in the past, usually when I did wonder if things would work out, a definite "no" and the nail in the coffin card for me was the 10 of Swords, not Death. It would say "stop asking. It's over. Move on."

Thank you!