Cards that jump/fall out of the deck!

AriesVirgoAscending

I do interpret them but always wonder if they are a complete reading on their own. Or if they're the first card in your spread ? What if a small group falls out ?
Also , when I draw cards another card might slude out as well, far enough it makes me think I should interpret it too.
What do you all think ?
....obviously I'm new at this.

celticnoodle

Yes, I will read the cards that fall out as I am shuffling, or if they happen to get dealt together--(2 cards come out together when I am only trying to pull one card out). If a whole group of say more then 3 fall out--no. I just pick them up, put them back in the deck and shuffle again as if nothing happened.

If a card happens to slide out--again, yes--it is doing its best to be noticed. So, do include that as well--at least in my opinion. :)

AriesVirgoAscending

Yes, I will read the cards that fall out as I am shuffling, or if they happen to get dealt together--(2 cards come out together when I am only trying to pull one card out). If a whole group of say more then 3 fall out--no. I just pick them up, put them back in the deck and shuffle again as if nothing happened.

If a card happens to slide out--again, yes--it is doing its best to be noticed. So, do include that as well--at least in my opinion. :)

Thank you. That's what I thought. But was worried I was complicating things.
I definitely feel those cards are trying to speak.
Sometimes I think when one slides out with the one I pulled that I may have mistakenly pulled the wrong card.

celticnoodle

Y.W. and no, you never pull the 'wrong' card. The card that NEEDS to be taken out is the one that comes out for you. Even if it happens to fall with the card your fingers are on. :)

nisaba

I'm a clumsy shuffler. When I drop cards, there's no significance to it at all.

werewolfmoon

If a card jumps out then I usually put it to one side when I do a spread, more often than not it is bringing something to my attention.

donnalee

I regularly have cards that drop out or fall to the desk, so I read them and they make sense. I tend not to read reversals in the regular course of things, and so this gives me practice by me reading them as they fall, upright, sideways, or reversed.

EDIT: If it is the first card or few, I read them and if they tell me enough, then that's the reading, whether it's one card or half a dozen. If they seem only the intro, I keep going. It depends each time. If maybe ten or more fall out, I often call that a do-over, and maybe scan them to see the gist or progression, but just consider it background for me personally rather than a reading in itself.

adele82

Hi i am new to this forum . I also had lots of times a card/s that drop out. I do interpret it ,as i feel it may have a great importance related to the question asked for the reading.

Grizabella

If I believed in cards consciously removing themselves from the deck by "jumping", my interpretation would be that they removed themselves from the deck in order to make sure they couldn't be drawn as part of a spread. If they wanted to be drawn, they'd stay in the deck so they'd be available, wouldn't they? I stick them back in the deck and don't pay any attention to them. Sometimes they come out in the spread and sometimes they don't.

Simple

If it's just 1 or 2, I'll look at it and see how it fits in the reading. If it's a bunch, I put it back to the deck and shuffle until my deck is "ready"