Struggling with Practical interpretations

blackmoonbee

One aspect of using the cards that is often overlooked by people just getting started is the importance of learning to ask good questions. If you are not getting clear answers from the cards, start working on your skills in creating a clear question.

It is not so much which deck you use, but which questions you ask that leads to 'practical' answers.

If asking a vague question (for example, "what energy will impact my day" as yourwildlifecoaching suggested) gives you a vague answer, then the solution may be to craft a better question.

Joan Bunning has a good chapter on formatting questions, and this thread has some good book suggestions
Book That Teaches How To Ask A Question

I visited the thread and downloaded the Joan Bunning book! I'm going to focus on my question formatting with the current deck I am using and if it's not clicking for me after a while I'll switch decks AND continue working on my questions.

Very helpful!

Farzon

I really like RWCarters advice here! I do retrospect readings as well. They are a great practice and I find them more useful for self-improvement as well.

I'm wondering what your (or anyone's) practical decks are? I know someone mentioned Everyday Witch but are there others that you use for "practical" matters?

Actually, it works with nearly every deck once you dare to "degrade" the theoretical meanings to the profane world.

I found decks with dynamic illustrations a very good point to start. Especially decks by Baba Studios/Magic Realist Press: the Victorian Romantic or the Alice Tarot for example.

If you're comfortable with reading pips, the Tarot de Marseilles also lends itself to practical interpretations once you pay attention to movements in the cards.

gregory

That's great advice. I do find at the end of the day I am able to see how the cards applied throughout however, I simply don't have the time during the evening for Tarot. I actually became a morning person just to have my alone time for meditation and Tarot. My household schedule doesn't permit evening work. However I could apply your suggestion perhaps to Saturday mornings and reflecting on the previous week.
You could always draw and reflect on the card for the previous day in the morning