November Spread from Tarot Calendar 2002

Jewel

The November Spread in the Tarot Calendar 2002 is called "The Nines" (which I would have thought more appropriate for September *LOL*). Anyways ... here it is:

9.....9.....9.....9.....IX

You can use the energies of all the "Nine" cards to help you with cleansing and grounding work.
TOP ROW: First lay out the Nines from each of the suits of the Minor Arcana and the Hermit (card IX) from the Major Arcana. Each Nine represents a different element and facet of your life - air for intellect, water for emotion, fire for action, earth for stability, and the Hermit for spirit.

MIDDLE ROW: The first card underneath each Nine symbolizes the way to cleanse the energies of that element in your life.

LAST ROW: The second card represents the forces you can use to ground yourself.

WolfSpirit

Thanks for giving us this spread Jewel :)
I think I like it, looks like it can really give you some insight into your own dealings and feelings.
I will try this one !

Pollux

It looks more like a personal ritual, a spread for spells, than actually a spread for readings.
I think it might be interesting to try out as such! :)

I am a bit skeptic about the real use of it as a spread... You arbitrarily take out 5 cards from the deck, and one of them is also a Major... :rolleyes:

Maybe it was intended more as a spell thing, don't you think? :confused:

WolfSpirit

I must confess I haven't really looked at it that critically... I have never done spreads to cleanse the elements, I always do spreads concentrating on one aspect, and the idea of this spread appeals to me.
Maybe Jewel has some more info why you don't need the nines for the spread (maybe because they stand for "near completion" and you look for things that are not near completion yet ? Just guessing here)

Trogon

Jewel... thank you so much for posting this new spread. I'll be taking a look at it I think. It does seem interesting and insightful... giving a look at where some imbalances and need for improvement might be. Hmmmmm...... :smoker:

Silaria

I was looking at this spread the other day when I turned the page of the calendar and I think I understand where the "9" comes from as opposed to being a random card.

I read somewhere and was taught by my Wiccan mentor that 9's hold a special power. Many multiples of 3 are "magickal" numbers but 9 is among the more power numbers. (Sorry, I can't go into more detail on this currently because I don't have access to my books and notes from that lesson at the moment.)

He also talked about the need for balance among the elements within ourselves. Each element plays a part in our day to day lives. To much of any one element can make for an interesting day. (For example too much "water" and you may be overly sensative to issues that day.)

This spread hits me as a way to help you bring the 5 elements of life into balance. By focusing on what needs to be cleansed and then offering advice on how to bring that element into balance with the rest of your life it could help with bring peace to day to day life or even help in more esoteric areas.

I'm going to give this spread a try for a few weeks to see if it really helps in the way I think it will.

Pollux

Silaria: as far as I understand it, the 9 draws its "specialness" being 3 x 3, the number of the Triple Goddess multiplied for itself. Since you mentioned a Wicca/Pagan mentor, I think this goddess-related explanation can be the reason you hinted at.

Silaria

Thanks, Pollux. Now that you mention it that was the reason. Unfortunately my mind is focused on everything EXCEPT my Wiccan studies currently - mainly because I decided to go back to school for a Masters degree which has more or less taken over my life for the next 2 years.

Sometimes you need to blow the cobwebs off the mental filing cabinets and dig up the knowledge that's there... sometimes it's nice to have someone help you do that. :D

Thanks again.

Jewel

Personally I have not worked with the spread and do not have any additional info on it ... gave you all I have.

On a personal note I see this as a ritual type spread to help align and balance the elements so I would put it in the category of spiritual development or workings and not as a general spread. That's my 2 pearls worth! :D

Kirali

Silaria said:
I was looking at this spread the other day when I turned the page of the calendar and I think I understand where the "9" comes from as opposed to being a random card.

I read somewhere and was taught by my Wiccan mentor that 9's hold a special power. Many multiples of 3 are "magickal" numbers but 9 is among the more power numbers. (Sorry, I can't go into more detail on this currently because I don't have access to my books and notes from that lesson at the moment.)

Ah thank you for that perspective! I was thinking the reason the 9's were there was because November used to be the 9th month of the year. Maybe it's both! hehe I can't remember which system it was from. Maybe Roman?

Sept = 7
Oct= 8
Nov= 9
Dec= 10

Bleh I forget.
Thanks for the numerology info and to Jewel for posting this spread! :)