Saturn thoughts appreciated

Muser257

Huredriel, that's so weird. I have Sun and Mars in Leo and Moon in Cancer. Nothing in Virgo though. I can't wait till Saturn is out of Leo. I think i'll feel a great weight off my shoulders and feel free(er).

huredriel

One thing I've noticed Muser is that Saturn is bringing some sharp little lessons in at the last minute :D ....... certainly making for an interesting exit! Not long to go for you!

EarthFaery

It's funny you should bring this up, I've been tracking saturn for the last year very closely, it's been reeking havoc in my 3rd house while in leo, especially considering that every inch of me is ruled by mercury!

According to the Kepler ephimeris, Saturn will enter Virgo on September 2nd at 10:57:34 am. Then it will hit my moon first, my sun, SN, then pluto, then H5; Uranus, then Jupiter, then Mercury! All the while squaring my Nmars-Tpluto conjunction, Good grief, I hope I make it out of there in one peice!!!!!
Although Saturn is good in Virgo, and brings practicality, sense and discipline, I think I am going to have a very difficult and frustrating time...my poor kids!
I hope by the time this transit is over I can feel somewhat normal again...:laugh: if I make it that is!

willowfox

SMV said:
I think I am going to have a very difficult and frustrating time...

Your certainly due for a testing time, Moon and Sun, but if these planets are free from bad aspects in your natal chart, then don't expect too much to happen, each transit is only for a few weeks, not long, and most of us do make it to the other side. Anyway, Saturn will teach you a few things along the way, hopefully at least, so learn the lesson and go with the flow.

dadsnook2000

Not at all

Don't assume that a transit of Saturn last only while the transit is within a degree or two of the natal planet.

Saturn, being half-personal and half-generational, is a "process." It is cyclic in nature and every part of its cycle is part of a continuous process that evolves from one part of the cycle to another.

When looking at Saturn, in addition to conjunctions and major aspects, thing of:
1) Saturn's phase in relation to it's natal house position.
2) Saturn's phase in relation to your Sun's position.
3) Saturn's transits through your chart's houses.

These are just the basics. Each of these three cyclic processes are all operating at the same time. Continuously. The transits over natal planets tend to be shorter but the movement through the chart's houses and relative to Saturn's natal position are continuous. Saturn is like a monkey on your back--it can be a burden or something to enjoy and profit from. Dave
EDITED TO ADD: Check out the planet-series threads which have extensive information on Saturn.

Pook

I've just become aware of this as Saturn is entering my Sun sign, and leaving my younger Sisters (who had a phenomenally rough Saturn transit! Poor thing!) I discovered this article in my local free Mind_Body_Spirit pubication...heres a link in case anyone is interested

Saturn Visits Virgo For An Extended Stay
by Maria Shaw

willowfox

Like she says in the article, you know what is coming so be prepared and you won't get hurt.

star-lover

have virgo rising and saturn due to hit soon but i KNOW he has given me tonnes of warnings before to which i have mostly heeded but as he approaches im heeding them even more

its as if when saturn was in my 12th house he was letting me get away with anything i wanted to, figure out what i wanted and didnt want, let me party etc, now that he is ready to strike in 1st house its like get your act together and move on with your life

i like him this time round lol

i got the sense recently that i can be disciplined with myself and get things done that i want to do and be in control of myself and my life and you know what im loving ever second of it - theres no pressure like there was before with saturn transits - its like he is saying youre FREE to make your choices but remember well what i said before

but this is a message to my last saturn bad transit

wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy lol

dadsnook2000

Saturn, again. Ugh.

As Saturn entered Virgo back in the fall of 1978, it coincided with a very happy turned unhappy period. My Moon is at 3 Virgo, IC at 5 Virgo. Neptune (17d) and Sun (21d) are also in Virgo, squaring Jupiter in Sag (15d) and opposing Saturn in 10th house Pisces (17d).

Old friends (Saturn) urged us to go a Marriage Encounter Retreat Weekend (Sun over Jupiter) in Nov./Dec. That went well for awhile, lots of sharing and working within a group. Then the wife decided she was uncomfortable with being so open. I was devastated. A gulf opened between us, and a year later we were considering divorce.

Now, Saturn is passing that way again. It will be interesting to watch what trends and events come to the surface now that so much in our lives has changed. Stay tuned. Dave

AquarianGoddess

Saturn transits often bring rewards!