Mars in RX & is going to do what to whom and why?

Sophie

Gavriela said:
Why is everyone (well, women, anyway) suddenly buying masses of make-up, etc.?
:|

And I'm feeling lazy, Venusian-lazy. Where's all my Martian drive? All I want to do is stay snug at home, put on makeup, read books and gossip with friends :laugh:. Let someone else go out and do battle...

Kahlie

Sigh, well at least now I know why somebody is being so uncooperative... and it isn't me ... however, I'm not looking forward to reconcile... which is odd... for me, normally, I tend to reconcile a lot... Suddenly it's: "ok, I've made polite excuses for you for several months now, if this is the way you operate, I want none of it".

Wonder if it has to do with this Mars Rx.

How can I see where Mars is in my Chart and what it means?

Kahlie

Sophie

Kahlie said:
How can I see where Mars is in my Chart and what it means?
Hi Kahlie! On Astro.com you can key in your birth details for a free chart - if you choose the "extended chart selection" and then choose "natal chart and transits" you will see where Mars Rx is on your own chart - which house - and can also see which planets/angles on your chart it is aspecting. You will also be able to see your natal Mars and its aspects.

Kahlie

Fudugazi said:
Hi Kahlie! On Astro.com you can key in your birth details for a free chart - if you choose the "extended chart selection" and then choose "natal chart and transits" you will see where Mars Rx is on your own chart - which house - and can also see which planets/angles on your chart it is aspecting. You will also be able to see your natal Mars and its aspects.

Ok, thanks!

I checked and my Natal Mars is in Libra, and this Transit is moving Mars through House 12. Hmrpf. I could also see that this Transit of Mars squares Natural Mercury, Transit Mars squares Natural Mars, Transit Mars squares Natural Saturn, Transit Mars is in opposition with my Natural Mean Node and Transit Mars squares natural MC.

Conclusion: "No Cool"

I can see how I'm having problems with Mercury, which as a Gemini, is important to me. I've been having lots of trouble getting stuff on paper for the Workshops I can be hosting... I've also noticed that I'm quite aggressive towards myself and that I'm really trying to be disciplined.

Not sure about Natural Mean Node and MC?! as I haven't really gotten that much into astrology yet...

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Kahlie

Sophie

Hi again, Kahlie. I'm hardly a great expert, but the MC is the angle that influences your career - a transitting Mars rx squaring that angle in your natal chart would mean that there is tension around career issues - and your natural drive (governed by Mars), which should be directed out, towards furthering your career (e.g. the workshops you are hosting) seems to be directed inwards aggressively against yourself.

The moon nodes show karmic issues - the mean node, or true node, aka the North node - showing the lessons you are meant to learn in this life. Any aspect to that node shows a lesson being learnt in order to grow - either a life lesson (in natal aspect) or a transitory one (as in an aspect with a transitting planet). A hard aspect, such as an opposition (this is your case with Mars at the moment), will mean a lesson learnt the hard way, by pitting yourself against the influence of the transitting planet. In my experience, oppositions often act as see-saws in one's life, and the challenge is either to keep the momentum going to generate energy, or to find the point of balance, depending on what you need.

Sophie

I've just seen that transitting Mars rx is going to be squaring my natal Venus (in Aries in the 11th house) soon. I am assuming that means tensions that could affect relationships. Since Mars is rx, and in Cancer, does that mean that the tension is directed inwards, and that I will feel them more, rather than experience them in reality? Or perhaps a Rx Mars is actually a helper to Venus - Venus tamed the warlike Mars in her bed, after all :). When these two square - we have passion and fireworks? Or cooperation?

(watch this space)

Kahlie

Fudugazi said:
Hi again, Kahlie. I'm hardly a great expert, but the MC is the angle that influences your career - a transitting Mars rx squaring that angle in your natal chart would mean that there is tension around career issues - and your natural drive (governed by Mars), which should be directed out, towards furthering your career (e.g. the workshops you are hosting) seems to be directed inwards aggressively against yourself.

This makes sooo much sense! Thank you :love:

Like I wrote in my other post, I have somebody who is a store owner, who keeps breaking agreements, thereby threatening my 'career' as a Reader/Teacher. It makes me look unreliable, as things I said to clients are now untrue as she withdrew promises made. And she keeps on not advertising me as promised...

My other career path, as a student, also feels threatened and I just can't seem to make heads or tails of it sometimes. I'm guessing I should really tone down aggressiveness towards myself and see what I should learn from this.

Fudugazi said:
The moon nodes show karmic issues - the mean node, or true node, aka the North node - showing the lessons you are meant to learn in this life. Any aspect to that node shows a lesson being learnt in order to grow - either a life lesson (in natal aspect) or a transitory one (as in an aspect with a transitting planet). A hard aspect, such as an opposition (this is your case with Mars at the moment), will mean a lesson learnt the hard way, by pitting yourself against the influence of the transitting planet. In my experience, oppositions often act as see-saws in one's life, and the challenge is either to keep the momentum going to generate energy, or to find the point of balance, depending on what you need.

Well, I feel I'm up in a 'lift' despite the opposition. Clients love me and I've been establishing myself well. Despite doubts about my studies, I haven't done bad at all... I've also consistently got cards indicating that I'm being on a path of 'initiation'. Again.

Seems like this will be an interesting time, and I learned a lot. I keep putting off learning astrology in depth. I'll get there though... eventually.

Thanks again,

Kahlie

Sophie

Kahlie said:
Well, I feel I'm up in a 'lift' despite the opposition. Clients love me and I've been establishing myself well. Despite doubts about my studies, I haven't done bad at all... I've also consistently got cards indicating that I'm being on a path of 'initiation'. Again.
I'm delighted for you! But as you know, initiation has a way of throwing up challenges we are meant to overcome. Could it be that this unreliable person you are being made to deal with at the moment provides such a challenge? The "low" end of the see-saw, when compared to the "high" end (the lift you speak of) you experience with your clients?

Barbaras Ahajusts

Explains it a bit...

I guess our next step to figuring out how, when and why we are doing these insane things, or not insane, is to find Mars in our charts.

I just gave my chart a quick glance and saw my Mars in my 12th house...
When all is well, it reads as such...
Mars in the 12th House

You may actively seek seclusion for yourself or you may actually be drawn to work in large public institutions such as hospitals, prisons and the like. If so inclined, you can be a powerful force for improving the lot of those less fortunate than you.

Cafe Astrology......In Cancer for the most part, the sign of the crab, we tend to become more pensive and cautious, taking our time to reach our goals. If we push ahead impulsively anyhow, we run into problems, obstacles, and frustrations. Cancer rules our inner foundations as well as outer ones--our homes, domestic affairs, and relationships with family. As such, we may need to re-assess our approach to our home lives. Circumstances are likely to be such that we feel forced to do so. We are apt to feel some frustration or anxiety about our basic sense of comfort and security--our roots-- and with regards to the development of our domestic affairs. Projects may not get off the ground as planned, perhaps due to hesitation, caution, and fear of taking risks. For some of the retrograde period, Mars is retrograde in Gemini, stalling intellectual and mental initiatives.

Health issues may be a factor (especially in areas ruled by Cancer and Gemini--the lungs and stomach), and accidents a possibility throughout the Mars retrograde period. Avoid pushing matters or throwing yourself into something new.

Motives may be hard to discern for others' actions. As we consider and re-consider our actions and initiatives, we can be more indecisive than usual. Sexuality is stronger and more intense, but its outward expression may be less spontaneous than usual.

Any planet that is retrograde is an especially strong and dominant energy in our lives during the retrograde period. Because it is closest to the earth during the cycle, the energy of the planet, while dominant, is more challenging to harness in a controlled, conscious manner. This can lead to irrational behaviors and reactions, particularly since Mars rules action and initiative. Wherever you find Mars transiting your chart during the retrograde period, you could be especially preoccupied with the affairs associated with that house and/or planet. Some of us experience a lessening of interest, initiative, and enthusiasm in these areas of life during the retrograde cycle, particularly as Mars begins to slow down (in October 2007). While Mars is "moving backwards" (from November 15/07 to January 30/08), there could be some backtracking in these areas, perhaps even some losses. It's a period of review. Working on long-term projects has better results than entirely new projects.
Mars Rx in Houses http://theastrologer.com/blog/2007/11/16/mars-retrograde-through-the-houses/

I also looked to see that my 12 house sets in Aries http://www.astrology-numerology.com/housecusp-12th.html
Aries
The influence of Aries in the twelfth house shows an active subconscious life. Aries is ruled by the assertiveness of the planet Mars. Thus, subconsciously, you are a very assertive person, although this trait may not be at all outwardly apparent. In a safe situation, you can release your true aggressive energies. You will be most ambitious in the deepest recesses of your mind, yet only show your easygoing sociability to the public at large. It may be very difficult for you to exhibit an overt competitive attitude in your early years. Yet you rarely give up to defeat inwardly. Anyone trying to tear down your self-confidence will quickly experience the unexpected ire that lurks in this subconscious state. Though you are very slow to anger, when you do cross the line, your temper can be irrational. Fortunately, you can repress your impatience and withstand a good deal of abuse, maintaining your placid nature.

My goodness, I think I am beginning to understand this a bit better!
Normally I can put up with allot. In Mar rx I cannot.

Humm....everyone, hurry... run away!:laugh:

:neutral:Barbara

Free Flight

Gavriela said:
Why is everyone (well, women, anyway) suddenly buying masses of make-up, etc.?

Serious question. As some people other than I in this thread can attest, and other places too - I mean - it's NUTS. Hadn't thought of that with Mars rx in Cancer coming up to aspecting Venus, but...?

I realise it's relatively trivial, but people have started sending me their Excel spreadsheets for keeping track of eyeshadows because they've recently acquired 80 or more of them.

Anyone got a guess? I love trying to pin down these little weirdnesses in astrology.

I have heard the obsession with health and beauty relates to saturn going into virgo

http://www.mysticmedusa.com/scripts/blog_post.asp?id=2007-09-1317:37:00