Astrological *Shift* leading up to and during 2012???

thorhammer

A friend told me on the weekend that her partner (a very spiritual man, very connected to his guides) has recently become very concerned with a major "shift" that will be occurring leading up to and including the year 2012. She said it had something to do with our solar system not really being a part of this galaxy, and it's coming into alignment with another galaxy which will cause major changes in society, enviroment and life in general. Earthquakes, wars, major disruptions.

I wonder if anyone can elaborate on this. I know very little about astrology, but this piqued my curiosity very much. If it's all a load of BS, please tell me that, too! :D

\m/ Kat

cheekyminx

I've heard from a few people that there is change coming, major changes, so yes there's going to be one big shift.

A friend of mine who is a good clairvoyant was saying the same last night.

Wonderwoman

Not too far from what the Mayans knew..

According to the Mayan Calendar, the planet as we know it will cease to exist by 2012. One particular aspect of interest to me is how incredibly accurate their calendar is, so accurate even NASA takes note of it.

poivre

I'm not sure on this but I think it has to do with the
Mayan calendar???
There are some threads on it if you search 2012 on AT.
I read on this a while back and thinking that it's the end of
time for the Mayan calendar. With this it is the New Age of
Aquarius starting?

Barbaras Ahajusts

At this point and time, anything my husband and my little brother agrees on, then steps back in shock to discover they have agreed on something, is something I am not going to pay attention to! :laugh:
(You should have seen their faces when they realised they were backing each other up on this prediction!) I think my husband gave it less time. My brother was bringing up this fact after watching a show on tv.

Its interesting, I guess. :)

Barb

WhiteRaven

thorhammer said:
A friend told me on the weekend that her partner (a very spiritual man, very connected to his guides) has recently become very concerned with a major "shift" that will be occurring leading up to and including the year 2012. She said it had something to do with our solar system not really being a part of this galaxy, and it's coming into alignment with another galaxy which will cause major changes in society, enviroment and life in general. Earthquakes, wars, major disruptions.

I wonder if anyone can elaborate on this. I know very little about astrology, but this piqued my curiosity very much. If it's all a load of BS, please tell me that, too! :D

\m/ Kat

It is the Sun moving into the galactic center. Has also a lot to do with Sun Spots (Solar Max)..etc...it is also an ascension period of the consciousness. Hopi, Mayan, Egyptian calendars end in 2012.

If I were to try and explain this to you here, it would be like a novel. A good YouTube to go see is Gregg Braden...whom explains this quite well.

There's a lot of information here:

http://www.experiencefestival.com/2012/articleindex

Also, you can google and there will be mountains of info...

Aulruna

It is interesting this should come up on AT just now - I meant to post about it too.

Sat beside a lady Saturday during a banquet, and she very casually dropped this in the middle of conversation - that the world as we know it would come to an end in 2012. I had never heard about this before, but she made it sound like it was a generally accepted fact. She also gave a specific date, December 21st. I thought I'd get more info before getting onvolved in a discussion.

Thanks for the link to get me started, WhiteRaven!

thorhammer

Aulruna, it's funny, isn't it? The friend that told me, said that two separate ppl had come to the crystal shop that her partner owns within a week of each other spouting this stuff. She's quite concerned about the effect it's had on him. He's gone on quite the Armageddon course, apparently.

Hmmm, there is much to chew on now. I did another search (which worked, this time) and found lots with the keywords "Mayan" and "2012" just here on AT. I didn't know it was a Mayan thing before. But I'll make time soon to read all about it and ponder. Then maybe post back again.

Thanks to all for helping.

\m/ Kat

spooked

I found this - it's pretty interesting. I thought the world was going to literally drop out of the solar system (!!) so i'm pleased to read this:

The truth is, the world's not ending. The truth is it (and you for that matter) is simply being re-born into a more "spiritually suitable" form. The truth is, 2012 isn't "the end." 2012 is merely the tentative birthdate of a new, divine world order that will be free of war, disease, poverty, child suffering, politicians (kidding), lawyers (kidding!), and other icky things like that. The truth is, it's a good thing that's coming and if things look a little chaotic now, it's just because most of us still haven't got proper spiritual bearings. Things will calm down soon enough.

Taken from - http://www.mayan2012.org/

willowfox

thorhammer said:

\m/ Kat

Our solar system is very much part of the galaxy we are now in, there is no other galaxy anywhere near us, so there is no alignment, this has to do with astronomy not astrology. Astrology does not deal with galaxies.

All that happens in 2012 is that the Mayan calendar finishes a cycle, if the Mayans were still around they would simply start a new calendar like we do on January 1st of each new year.

Earthquakes, wars, famine, tidal waves, monsoons have always been with us and always will. Every year there is a war going on somewhere on this planet, now it is Afghanistan, Iraq, Chechen, Somalia, Chad, Angola etc.

Famines are always present.

Earthquakes rumble everyday somewhere.

Financial crises are just around the corner, sees it oil now, next inflation etc.

The story that you heard is a large heap of BS.