The Gendron Deck: 2 of wands

miss_apples

I really really like the wands suit in this deck for some reason.

This card screams "CONTROL" to me. Here is this woman cradling her wands in her elbows and then holding the world in her hands. Whenever this card comes up I think that I have good control over the situation or if its reversed I think that I need to get better control over the situation.

cjtarot

the journey of the mind

hi,

2 has always ment joining to me. Here I see the her looking at "her world" and mostly the beach..the water (emotion).

She is looking into her world trying to ignore her emotions and still deal with her world..that is basically imposible. that is why the wands lay in her arms in a state of rest..she hasn't made any move to try and connect with her emotions.

Look into yourself and begin the journey of understanding yourself, how you feel about the world you created and then try to either fix it or embrace it....

JMHO

CJ

Bean Feasa

This card and the Hermit are my two favourite cards of the Gendron deck - and they're quite similar, in fact I think the 'model' may be the same person. I agree with you Miss Apples in liking the whole wands suit in this deck - it's very magical. Somehow the wands could be snakes, they could be sticks of barley sugar; they seem to me to have a shapeshifting kind of thing going on, and the way the artwork is done they seem to 'shimmer' with possibility.
I've read that this card is often called 'the Lord of Balance' and I like it that, as with the Hermit, the usually male persona is female here. I love the crystal ball/world and the ocean. There's a great feeling of space, serenity and harmony and, yes balance in this card.
P.S. - hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I may not be able to be a regular contributor to this study group because of other commitments, but there are a lot of cards in this deck that are important to me, and I'd like to add my tuppence-worth when they crop up, if that's okay with you.
blessings,
Kate

miss_apples

Hi Bean, of course you can join in :)

You know I never looked at it like she was looking into a crystal ball. Thanks for that perspective guys!

So with that the card can also represent taking a moment to step back and look for a new plan of action by taking a good look at the world.

contrascarpe

Thank you for making me "look" at this card. I never really studied it before as it has not come up in a reading with this deck for me as of yet.

I am not so sure of the control here. To me, she is not really in control of this world. She has a confidence in her look but she is not actually touching the world. She seems to be trying to direct it in a way.

With the shoreline in the rear, I see this as a card of endless opportunity. The ability to take a blank canvas and mold it into what you want. Yes, there is some control involved but I see this as more of a card of "direction". It truly is beautiful and can be interpreted in many ways.