XVII- The Star. Hello, my Beauty!

Michael Sternbach

It's a wonderful thing, indeedy! What you say is also a trait many Aquarians possess, to be hopeful and idealistic. And can anything come even remotely close to being absorbed back to the love of Nuit? When seen from the perspective of Tiphareth towards Chokmah, one finally achieves what the butterflies we have at the bottom right, meaning to move at the City of Pyramids, we are one step closer towards seeing God face to face.

Also, a lot of beauty lies in the fact that Nuit bathes herself with Life and offers the potential of Chokmah, the endless creative drive, to Tiphareth, God the Son. It is a wonderful message that I translate as reincarnation and the steady flow of energy that sustains the universe and allows for everything to happen until one is ready to return back to the Love of the Mother. Really nice thoughts Michael!

I see the process of physical manifestation as happening between Nuit (the infinitely big) and Hadit (the point, the infinitely small), so this would make their off-spring Harpokrates the symbol of the manifest Universe. This interpretation ties in with the physical interpretation of Projective Geometry by George Adams the way I understand it. (Adams was one of Frieda Harris' teachers.) Maybe there is a reference to this somewhere hidden on The Star card? It seems to form part of the symbolism of The Aeon, anyway.

Talking about the two-way action of The Star that I mentioned in conjunction with its attribution to Aquarius that you highlighted, it is interesting to contemplate that this sign is ruled by both Uranus and Saturn. The planet Uranus stands for the expansion that belongs to higher aspirations and cosmic visions while Saturn's action is the contraction that leads to the crystallization of the aether that we call manifestation.

Owl Tarot

I see the process of physical manifestation as happening between Nuit (the infinitely big) and Hadit (the point, the infinitely small), so this would make their off-spring Harpokrates the symbol of the manifest Universe. This interpretation ties in with the physical interpretation of Projective Geometry by George Adams the way I understand it. (Adams was one of Frieda Harris' teachers.) Maybe there is a reference to this somewhere hidden on The Star card? It seems to form part of the symbolism of The Aeon, anyway.

Talking about the two-way action of The Star that I mentioned in conjunction with its attribution to Aquarius that you highlighted, it is interesting to contemplate that this sign is ruled by both Uranus and Saturn. The planet Uranus stands for the expansion that belongs to higher aspirations and cosmic visions while Saturn's action is the contraction that leads to the crystallization of the aether that we call manifestation.

Of course there is the theory you refer to, which is the theory of Nuit as the ever expanding circle and Hadit as the ever contracting point, which makes a "locked" situation between them which erotically "brings life to the Universe and creates the starting point (since Hadit is at least almost synonymous with Kether, the Point, the Most High).

About Harpokrates, the glossary of Liber ABA p. 711 refers to Harpokrates as "The concealed Father". Hadit in Liber AL tells many traits about him that refer to Kether, and the "Concealed of the concealed" is a title of Kether. So, I would say that Harpokrates is the side of Heru-ra-ha that refers to Spirit-Kether-God the Father, and Horus is the part of Fire-Gebura-Sun-Tiphareth corresponding to God the Son. It is the Union caused from the Lord of the New Aeon. Through Fire, contradictions burn to let only Spirit stand. YOu may also like to think of YHVH. Yod-Fire is attributed to Chokmah, the reflection of Kether, and the top most point of Yod is attributed to Kether-Spirit. I am just trying to put more pieces together here, not arguing since I do think myself that without the First Mover (Kether) there is no Universe as we know it. At least no Life (as we know it).

Aeon418

About Harpokrates, the glossary of Liber ABA p. 711 refers to Harpokrates as "The concealed Father". Hadit in Liber AL tells many traits about him that refer to Kether, and the "Concealed of the concealed" is a title of Kether.
The attributions of the Thelemic pantheon are very elastic. Trying to pin them down can be confusing. As the god of silence Harpocrates is very much a Kether type idea. But in the context of the tetragrammaton he is Heh-final because he is the 'passive' twin produced by the union of Yod-Hadit and Heh-Nuit. But the Yod is hidden within Heh final in the same sense that Kether is in Malkuth.

Owl Tarot

The attributions of the Thelemic pantheon are very elastic. Trying to pin them down can be confusing. As the god of silence Harpocrates is very much a Kether type idea. But in the context of the tetragrammaton he is Heh-final because he is the 'passive' twin produced by the union of Yod-Hadit and Heh-Nuit. But the Yod is hidden within Heh final in the same sense that Kether is in Malkuth.

It makes sense, the way you are saying it. Hadit is Kether in it's traditionally abstact form as the Concealed of the Concealed, who shall never be known just like the Godhead, while Harpokrates is the Deity of the reference the Yetziratic text makes for Malkuth (It illuminates the splendours of all the Lights, and causes an influence to emanate from the Prince of Countenances, the Angel of Kether.). This influence is the Deity Harpokrates, the direct link in the sense it is Kether of Malkuth? Did I understand what you mean correctly?

Aeon418

Aleister Crowley said:
But all these go back to the still older cosmogony of the ancient Egyptians, where we have Nuit, Space, Hadit, the point of view; these experience congress, and so produce Heru-Ra-Ha, who combines the ideas of Ra-Hoor-Khuit and Hoor-paar-Kraat. These are the same twin Vau and He' final which we know.
What I was try get at is this notion of the twins Ra-Hoor-Khuit and Hoor-paar-Kraat who are active and passive aspects of Horus. This arrangement is very elastic and flexible and can be mapped on the Tree of Life in many different ways. But, correct if I'm wrong, what you seem to be suggesting is a sort of 1:1 match up of deities on the Tree. Just because Hadit and Harpocrtaes can both correspond to Kether does not mean they are the same thing. Heru-Ra-Ha as a supreme unity is just as good a Kether correspondence as it is a Tiphareth one.
Owl Tarot said:
So, I would say that Harpokrates is the side of Heru-ra-ha that refers to Spirit-Kether-God the Father, and Horus is the part of Fire-Gebura-Sun-Tiphareth corresponding to God the Son.
I'm not clear where you're going with this. Harpocrates is Horus. And why should Horus (R.H.K.?) correspond only to "Gebura-Sun-Tiphareth". To me he's more like Adam Qadmon. Sure, you can focus in on some of his attributes and place R.H.K. in Geburah, but you can do the same with Harpocrates and stick him in Chesed thereby forming Heru-Ra-Ha in Tiphareth.

Owl Tarot

What I was try get at is this notion of the twins Ra-Hoor-Khuit and Hoor-paar-Kraat who are active and passive aspects of Horus. This arrangement is very elastic and flexible and can be mapped on the Tree of Life in many different ways. But, correct if I'm wrong, what you seem to be suggesting is a sort of 1:1 match up of deities on the Tree. Just because Hadit and Harpocrtaes can both correspond to Kether does not mean they are the same thing. Heru-Ra-Ha as a supreme unity is just as good a Kether correspondence as it is a Tiphareth one.

That's what I am kind of saying, that they are different aspects of Kether and not one and the same. I would say Hadit is Kether in Atziluth, the most obscure and abstact form of Kether as described by Dion Fortune or Garreth Knight if you may, while Harpokrates is Kether in Malkuth. It makes a lot of sense, I just haven't really thought of it in the manner you presented before.

I'm not clear where you're going with this. Harpocrates is Horus. And why should Horus (R.H.K.?) correspond only to "Gebura-Sun-Tiphareth". To me he's more like Adam Qadmon. Sure, you can focus in on some of his attributes and place R.H.K. in Geburah, but you can do the same with Harpocrates and stick him in Chesed thereby forming Heru-Ra-Ha in Tiphareth.

I will try to tell you how I mean what I said. Of course Horus is a unity corresponding to the three Sephira which combine to form one's Individuality (Tiphareth, Geburah, Chesed), but I wrote it this way to present how I think of this unity combining Fire and Spirit as depicted in Atu XX. I am not dividing them, I am just giving them a way I can conceptualize their Unity.

So, what I meant is that Horus -as a Deity of Geburah- is a Fiery Deity. He removes unnecessities to allow the Spirit to enter. To consider the Spirit within Horus, it helps me to think of Harpokrates. I then go on to consider Harpokrates, Horus the Child, as the Spirit who "takes his seat" after the actions of the former have resulted in the defeat of Spirit's opposition. Both together are one way to aid one in understanding why Fire is also Spirit and does "double duty" (Atu XX). I hope I made better sense now.

A Christian way of putting what I am saying is to think of Christ as Geburah in the Last Judgment, Christ as Tiphareth on the Cavalry Cross and Christ as Chesed in his actions as the carpenter (=creative architect of the universe).