Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

yve

This idea is quite intruiging....I have a couple of decks that I just didn't seem to connect with. The option was to trade them for another deck that I may like, but now I have sinister ideas on a possible future for them.....

lark

yve said:
This idea is quite intruiging....I have a couple of decks that I just didn't seem to connect with. The option was to trade them for another deck that I may like, but now I have sinister ideas on a possible future for them.....
I know what you mean yve,
I've been sitting here looking in my BIG DRAWER 'O TAROT.
And instead of thinking in terms of trading I'm thinking hummm maybe I'd like this better with the border off..... snip, snip.
This thread is dangerous!

Yaboot you need to change you name to: Runs/With/Scissors.

Little Baron

Haha Lark!

I just looked in on the Thoth draw thread and Moonbow responded to my daily card, 'The Knight of Swords' with 'how apt!'. Think she has a point.

Yabootio

blackroseivy

Yaboot, I think you are soooooooo funny!!! "YIKES, HE'S A MADMAN & HE HAS A PAIR OF SCISSORS!!!! *RUN*!!!!!!!"

Little Baron

danubhe said:
"YIKES, HE'S A MADMAN & HE HAS A PAIR OF SCISSORS!!!! *RUN*!!!!!!!"

Just incase .... any of you thought I was some kind of loony that ran around dressed up as a clown, weilding some kind of saw about the heads of poor little tarot cards, I thought I would just defend myself with this little photograph ...

Moonbow, I would advise you to close your eyes for this one ...

Yaboot

Majecot

Yab.. I have been avoiding this thread because, well I was shocked and horrified... *eek*

I still have not circumsized my Rohrig because I love them and at the same time I hate the keywords. I thought I was almost ready when SNIP... your at it again and with Thoth!!!!
I was a bit frightened for you at cutting Thoth.

Now this is not a particular favorite of mine, and actually, the giant 30 something year old deck that my friend owns kinda creeps me out. But I was kinda thinking Ole' Uncle Al mighn't be too pleased.

I do have a small grey Thoth (which I never used) that I got on whim from Ebay... maybe... I won't feel bad cutting that one I am now thinking. If I can bring myself to cut the Thoth that I have (and do not touch) just maybe I can bring myself to cut my beloved Rohrig???

If Merc has the nerve to do it.. then maybe this deck I never ever touch is one to practice on.. perhaps I will go to Hobby Lobby tomorrow for a corner snip.
Hehe.. Yab your such a rabble rouser ;)

Moonbow

Yaboot001 said:
Just incase .... any of you thought I was some kind of loony that ran around dressed up as a clown, weilding some kind of saw about the heads of poor little tarot cards, I thought I would just defend myself with this little photograph ...

Moonbow, I would advise you to close your eyes for this one ...

Yaboot

Hehehehehe

I was right the Knight of Swords IS Ya Ya boot Ya Ya Scissorshands!

I really do fear for the rest of your decks!!

Imagemaker

Trimming Report: I've done the Rohrig--wow, love it! I'd never used this deck before and now, ooooo, it's wonderful. My new current favorite!

So last night I trimmed the Thoth and what an improvement. I'd used it awhile months ago. Will go back now, reinspired, and see how it reads. Trimming takes off all identifying names and numbers, so the cards look completely different.

Compared to the Rohrig, which has small words and names in script on each card, the Thoth becomes even more "unlabeled" when trimmed. Freed from all surrounding chatter of Golden Dawn and Crowley!

Using the corner cutter makes a huge difference in the "finished feel" of the trim. I'd trimmed my New Palladini last winter, before I knew about corner cutters, and it feels more raw. Will finish it off now with the rounded corners.

Prowling through my collection looking for more to trim. Have started trimming a Robin Wood. Just cuz I CAN!

Jewel-ry

Well done Imagemaker,

The difference is amazing isn't it? I always liked the Rohrig but now its been chopped it is so much better. Careful now though, don't get too carried away ;)

~