transiting pluto over your jupiter?

star-lover

could this mean obsession about telling the truth? wanting to be so sincere and honest that you overdo it? alot of self questioning?

plutos left my moon and gone on to my jupiter in sag now
and this is how im feeling it
its like a raging push to be ultra ultra truthful even when its not called for but i know that can harm as well as do good
not sure what im really asking
any ideas?
maybe just means sorting out my beliefs/sorting wheat from chaff and having a go at the rubbish in my head once and for all
i think its a healing aspect

dadsnook2000

Jupiter and Pluto

This is the "power duo", a signature of those seek one or several types of power -- spiritual, imaginative-leadership, material-control, social or religous. Given that, a lot depends upon whether these two are in conjunction or another aspect in the natal chart, whether one is transiting the other, etc.

Also needed in any assessment is a recognition of the "orb" of aspect and the time of contact within this orb or degree range of influence. As a rule of thumb, an outer planet may take weeks or a month to move a degree near its station, going direct and then retrograde. Because of this prolonged exposure the real life expression of these energies are likely to be first a sort of conditional setting of the scene, having possibilities of the Pluto-symbo come into play, then actually having a symbol-event occur. For transits, the first exact contact of Pluto while going direct will set up a situation, the retrograde contact will change the results of the first passage or cause a delay in fullfilling the symbols meaning, the third contact will permit the symbol to express more clearly.

Having Jupiter and Pluto in aspect to the MC will often indicate success or a power-grab of some significance. This is also true with the mid-point structure of MC = JU/Pl or a variation of it. However, if the natal chart doesn't promise it, the transits may not bring it.

As far as "truth telling" goes, that doesn't seem to be clearly within the symbolic meaning of this pair unless you are using the "truth" to gain attention or control of a debate or something like that. Sometimes the truth can be devastating like Pluto's effect or en-nobeling like Jupiter's effect such that you put yourself on higher ground above others.

Just my thoughts, Dave

tink27

My thoughts

star-lover said:
could this mean obsession about telling the truth? wanting to be so sincere and honest that you overdo it? alot of self questioning?

its like a raging push to be ultra ultra truthful even when its not called for but i know that can harm as well as do good
any ideas?
maybe just means sorting out my beliefs/sorting wheat from chaff and having a go at the rubbish in my head once and for all

Hi star-lover

Because Pluto tears downs and then rebuilts what it touches, when it aspects Jupiter, we can find ourselves let down by what we used to believe in. What you used to know about the world no longer works and we question our image of God. Whether it's a death of a philosophy or a religion, it can leave us shattered, and confused - it's as if the ground has been sept right from under out feet and we don't know what to believe in anymore. We don't only feel sad and aimless, we feel angry and betrayed by whatever our beliefs have been.

But good things can come to. A book, a meeting, a 'chance' encounter could open you up to whole new ideas - suddenly there's something to believe in.

Jupiter encourages us to look towards the future - but Pluto hits the breaks so to speak, what you thought was enticing, doesn't look as appealing anymore, or you could hit roadblock after roadblock.

Also, when Pluto aspects Jupiter, it will also trigger any planet which Jupiter aspects in your birthchart - it's giving us a chance to look over and heal an area that we have a tendency of 'over-doing' it!

The best advice I can give you is wait it out, while you let your psyche reorganize itself. It's kinda like the game Jenga, where the structure has fallen and needs rebuilding. It's like Pluto has kidnapped your Jupiter and taken it underground!

But as you re-stack your building blocks that have fallen everywhere around you, instead of just stacking them, pick one from the left, then one from the right and maybe that one in back of you. With no rhyme or reason to it, it just might be the transformation and change your looking for.

Good luck!

tink x

star-lover

thanks dave for all that

dadsnook2000 said:
Given that, a lot depends upon whether these two are in conjunction or another aspect in the natal chart, whether one is transiting the other, etc.

they are 109 deg apart which is a tri-decile apparently but i think i will ignore this LOL

dadsnook2000 said:
Also needed in any assessment is a recognition of the "orb" of aspect and the time of contact within this orb or degree range of influence. As a rule of thumb, an outer planet may take weeks or a month to move a degree near its station, going direct and then retrograde. Because of this prolonged exposure the real life expression of these energies are likely to be first a sort of conditional setting of the scene, having possibilities of the Pluto-symbo come into play, then actually having a symbol-event occur. For transits, the first exact contact of Pluto while going direct will set up a situation, the retrograde contact will change the results of the first passage or cause a delay in fullfilling the symbols meaning, the third contact will permit the symbol to express more clearly.
its at 26 19 sagitarius now Rx (jup at 25 53 so within 1 degree)
dadsnook2000 said:
Having Jupiter and Pluto in aspect to the MC will often indicate success or a power-grab of some significance. This is also true with the mid-point structure of MC = JU/Pl or a variation of it. However, if the natal chart doesn't promise it, the transits may not bring it.
natal pluto is square my MC within 2 degs

dadsnook2000 said:
As far as "truth telling" goes, that doesn't seem to be clearly within the symbolic meaning of this pair unless you are using the "truth" to gain attention or control of a debate or something like that. Sometimes the truth can be devastating like Pluto's effect or en-nobeling like Jupiter's effect such that you put yourself on higher ground above others.

Just my thoughts, Dave
i am a bit of an attention seeker- guilty! though not overly so so it sticks out like sore thumb lol and i like to think i give as much as i take

i think overall i'm getting the feeling that this transit is not about me personally apart from how it affects - as tink has said - my own beliefs and they are likely to undergo a radical change i guess
the only thing i can think of tangibly so far is that i joined AT last october and have become a bit addicted and fascinated by all the different philosophies and practices and world visioins- i guess thats got to be a good thing!somewhere i will learn an awful lot

see next post for more on this conjunction for general interest
thanks again :)

star-lover

thanks tink :)

tink27 said:
Hi star-lover

The best advice I can give you is wait it out, while you let your psyche reorganize itself. It's kinda like the game Jenga, where the structure has fallen and needs rebuilding. It's like Pluto has kidnapped your Jupiter and taken it underground!

But as you re-stack your building blocks that have fallen everywhere around you, instead of just stacking them, pick one from the left, then one from the right and maybe that one in back of you. With no rhyme or reason to it, it just might be the transformation and change your looking for.

Good luck!

tink x

thanks for that advice, it makes so much sense, i'm not going to rush into anything - in general with pluto transits i've read you should sleep alot more and not worry about them too much - they have a way of sorting themselves out - as you say your psyche will reorganise itself!

in general you are right - its very easy to get confused about what you do believe in for sure - but i like to keep an open mind if i can - i think pluto will be clearing alot of things up for me over the next 18 months or so

here is what astro.com has for this transit for me (& anyone else recently currently or imminently about to experience it) and it repeats much of what both you and dadsnook have said about this - iim posting it for general information/interest - thanks again :)
------------

Beginning of January 2006 until end of October 2007: This influence can denote that you will achieve great success in almost any endeavor, or it can mean that people in power will strongly oppose your efforts. It largely depends on what you are trying to accomplish and how.

Under this influence you will experience a rebirth of optimism and hope, which will put you in the proper frame of mind to succeed. Because you expect to succeed, you are likely to. This can apply to any aspect of your life, but it is most likely to be effective if you wish to succeed at something beyond personal glory. You may get your share of glory, but that should not be your primary motive. You should be working to achieve something that will benefit society at large through business, social work or some other means. This influence designates massive social regeneration and rebirth and aids most those persons and factors in society that work toward that end.

This influence can signify a rebirth of faith and spirit in your life, a new concern with how you fit into the universe as a whole. You may experience a rebirth of religious concern and a desire to lead others into the knowledge you have gained. Educating the masses to understand the metaphysics of the universe and how it applies to everyone would be one of the highest uses of this influence.

On the other hand, striving in a petty way to succeed at someone else's expense or without recognizing the larger needs of society may lead to trouble. This transit can lead to difficulties with the authorities who are appointed to look after society's needs, if they come to regard you as a threat. It is quite possible that even if you are working for a very noble cause, you may arouse opposition from the authorities. However it is likely that you will ultimately win out, if you are really working for a good cause. But if your point of view is limited to yourself, you will have trouble and failure.

The_Star

house?

star-lover said:

any ideas?

The ultra-truthful could be Pluto leaving the natal moon position (?) or a transiting conjunction between natal moon and natal Jupiter and transiting Pluto.
Too many options without knowing the house placement of Jupiter and the number of degrees between natal moon and natal Jupiter and if the moon and jupuiter are aspecting anything else in your birth chart.

Also, there is a difference between 'truth' and full disclosure.

pixiequix

star-lover said:

Yeah, I think you're right on. :D Pluto is the ultimate in getting rid of the old and bringing in the new. A Pluto transit to your natal Jupiter would mean that the Plutonian force for change and renewal is activating your innate optimism, need for growth and travel and personal beliefs. There's always the angles and houses involved to consider too.

star-lover

blast from the past lol
thanks pixie and star - star re difference between the truth and full disclosure - i agree - full disclosure is going OTT - that balance needs to be attained sorely

natal moon 21 25 sag and natal jupiter 25 56 sag
pluto now at 26 27 sag
natal moon and jupiter in fourth house

pluto and jupiter are not aspected natally buti feel this was/is an important transit because jupiter rules my moon which is in the 4th and also because the moon is a big factor in chart interpretation

some of all this is sinking in and making sense to me - always easier after the event!
thanks
x

prudence

hey Star lover and friends,

my natal chart has some similarities, my natal pluto is at 26 degrees Virgo, it squares my MC at 24 degrees Sag, pluto is also in opposition to my asc at 22 degrees Pisces.

My understanding of astro is very basic, so I am just assuming this would have an effect on me.

So, I should try to go for the gusto during this time period?

Voron

Well, you've got two redundant transit signatures going on.

The first is, of course, Transitting Pluto conjunct Natal Jupiter (4th). But you simultaneously have Transitting Jupiter square natal Pluto (4th to 12th/Asc) (though this will not last as long as the Pluto transit.) The message of transformation/crisis of faith/beliefs is being reinforced.

You also have Transitting Saturn conjunct natal Uranus (12th) and transitting Uranus sextile natal Saturn (7th to 5th). Could speak alternately of some type of magickal/intuitive discipline/structuring, in conjunction with the breakdown/overturning of outdated structures. The 7th and the 5th houses make me think instinctively of relationships -- you've got the house of marriage/partnerships, and the house of children/love affairs/(and self-expression).

Plus, that Pluto's in the House of Home. So it's an intense player in a sensitive area. But Jupiter's there now. So confidence is high, or the message seems to be that is should be. Strong energies! Be careful. The truth can hurt!