Cusp Sun Signs

dadsnook2000

What I wish . . .

What I wish . . . is that instead of posting birth dates that are supposed to relate to cusps (not overly informative) that everyone who has posted here already instead give their actual Sun degree and sign.

In this way we could understand whether someone's Sun was within a couple minutes of the cusp or zero-point or a few degrees away from the cusp. That would be helpful !

Given that the start of the seasons, as well as the start of the month or the start of a sign varies as much as three calendar days in a four year period, the usage of dates is really not very telling.

So, could those who have already posted their "dates" instead come back again and post their sign and degree? Thanks. Dave

EnglishRose

dadsnook2000 said:
What I wish . . . is that instead of posting birth dates that are supposed to relate to cusps (not overly informative) that everyone who has posted here already instead give their actual Sun degree and sign.

In this way we could understand whether someone's Sun was within a couple minutes of the cusp or zero-point or a few degrees away from the cusp. That would be helpful !

Given that the start of the seasons, as well as the start of the month or the start of a sign varies as much as three calendar days in a four year period, the usage of dates is really not very telling.

So, could those who have already posted their "dates" instead come back again and post their sign and degree? Thanks. Dave

I just checked my chart and i'm Sun sign Leo at 2.59 degrees with ascendant in Capricorn at 24.57 degrees. This is an interesting thread because i've always wondered if my cusp in cancer does have an affect on my personality since i hardly have any leo traits at all. I do have cancer traits but maybe that is because i have Mercury in Cancer at 15.41 degrees. Thank you for any help you can give me. I'm a total newbie at astrology, in case you haven't noticed.:bugeyed:
Sophie

dadsnook2000

For EnglishRose

Thanks for the quick reply. Your Capricorn Ascendant is far from the cusp and my impression is that most astrologers would not consider that as on the cusp with Aquarius.

Also, with your Sun virtually three degrees from the cusp of Leo/Cancer, you would also be considered to be a Leo.

There are so many other chart factors, hundreds and thousands of combinations if you care to count them by some standard, that you are likely right that some of these other factors can be interpreted as Cancer-like in terms of that sign. Have you posted chart data in our file? I'll look, if its there perhaps a quick glance will reveal the Cancerian traits. Dave.

EnglishRose

Thank you so much for your help, i just posted my birth chart info.

dadsnook2000

For EnglishRose

Hi, I have looked at your chart and found no obvious Cancerian attributes. But there may be a combination of small things that support this. After all, we do "personalize" our symbols and depending upon many family, cultural, interactive, and astrological facotrs we may end up feeling that we have a streak of Cancer from our chart that shows through.

So let me go out on a limb.

Your Saturn-Neptune-Venus T-square pattern can equate to "shyness." This is sometimes seen as a Cancerian trait. The love of things unseen is constrained by hestitation and practicality.

Your ASC (Capricorn) will naturally be sensitive to its polarity with Cancer and will shade the way you project yourself to others -- 7th house. Further, the ASC is at the mid-point of Sun/Mercury suggesting that you are a moderator, you listen, you negotiate. Again, traits associated with Cancer.

Your Uranus squares your Nodal axis, indicating that shared experiences and uninvited guests are often gathering at your place. Cancerian? Yes.

Finally, and this may or may not play a role in this brief discussion, you have your Mars and Saturn relating to a specific point in your chart, indicating that other intrude into your life with a combination of Mars/Saturn things; anger, proposals, unasked-for help, cautions, pleas for assistance -- all of this seems to add up to a push-pull situation. Have you moved to distance yourself from this? Is your home the village meeting hall?

Of course, its not always the best thing to pull a couple of factors out and hold them up as a "whole explanation" but it is an interesting exercise. Dave

Al Si'ra

I was born in 26 november 1984 so i am certainly not in a cusp or anything..if you check my birthchart..you will see that i have none of the "emotional" signs i have mostly ascendant virgo moon in capricorn and lots of capricorns and sag in my birthchart..

but i always thought that i have this watery complexion..i didn't know where that came from..i certainly felt close to cancer..i read many books and i always questioned the closeness to cancer..i have lots of cancer and scorpio friends too..

then a month ago an astrologer told me that i was being affected a lot by Scorpio that i possess some qualities of that sign..i was like A-ha I knew!!
Strangely again..i know that some of my friends attract Scorpio people and they attract me to themselves too..

but i don't see how this is possible...but still i simply feel that i do carry some aspects of this sign..certainly...

krysia322

My Sun is 02 Aries 20; my Ascendant 15 Scorpio 41. :)

dadsnook2000

No water for Al Si'ra, even less air.

Well, not much. You have a chart formation known as a "bundle" chart in which all of the astrolgical bodies are confined within a "square" or 94 degree arc. Of this grouping, we can see that Uranus is on the IC in Sag., and that you have a conjunction of Moon, Jupiter, Venus in Capricorn. Only two planets in Scorpio, Pluto, which is at the leading edge of this bundle, and Saturn. This isn't a big factor, superficially, in terms of "water."

As I see it, any factors that someone can use to point to a significant "water" emphasis or force within the chart would be stretching it a bit. On the other hand, you have even less "air" in your chart -- only Mars, and the MC.

Four Earth, plus ASC.
Three Fire
Two Water
One Air, plus MC

Dave

Midnight Lioness

Midnight' Lioness' Chart Info

I don't have my chart information available. I did have it done at one time, but no longer have that report. I do remember that my Moon is in Scorpio & my ascendant is Aquarius.

My interest in astrology has been as a seeker, not as an aspiring reader.

Here, however, is my personal info:

DOB: 7/22/1961
TOB: 8:30 PM
POB: Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA.

In response to the question of what qualities I feel, I do think I have both Cancer and Leo tendecies. It is a mixture that is not easily balanced! Trying to balance the extroverted Leo and the introverted Cancer has driven me to distraction. I am an emotional person. I am a prideful person. I like flattery and to be the leader. I sometimes approach a problem sideways instead of head on, especially if it's a matter of the heart. If it's a work issue, I approach it head on.

Really, there are days I don't know who I am!!!

EnglishRose

Dadsnook, thank you so much for taking the time to look at my chart, i really appreciate it.
dadsnook2000 said:
Your Saturn-Neptune-Venus T-square pattern can equate to "shyness." This is sometimes seen as a Cancerian trait. The love of things unseen is constrained by hestitation and practicality.
This is very true, i'm very shy and reserved. I find it hard to be myself around many strangers and only really feel comfortable in small groups of people. Also i do hestitate a lot, often because i doubt myself and fear making a fool of myself and worry about the opinions of others.
Your ASC (Capricorn) will naturally be sensitive to its polarity with Cancer and will shade the way you project yourself to others -- 7th house. Further, the ASC is at the mid-point of Sun/Mercury suggesting that you are a moderator, you listen, you negotiate. Again, traits associated with Cancer.
Like i said above, i worry a lot about what others will think of me. Also i do love to negotiate and i'm a better listener than i am a speaker. I prefer to let others talk and try and help them with their problems.
Your Uranus squares your Nodal axis, indicating that shared experiences and uninvited guests are often gathering at your place. Cancerian? Yes.
This is also true, luckily for me i have a typically leo boyfriend who puts his foot down and makes sure we don't get too many visitors, he likes to just chill out at home with just the two of us.

Finally, and this may or may not play a role in this brief discussion, you have your Mars and Saturn relating to a specific point in your chart, indicating that other intrude into your life with a combination of Mars/Saturn things; anger, proposals, unasked-for help, cautions, pleas for assistance -- all of this seems to add up to a push-pull situation. Have you moved to distance yourself from this? Is your home the village meeting hall?
Lately this has been the case and i do feel like moving because of it. Just to avoid it i've stopped answering the phone, i really need to get caller ID.
Thanks again for this. Also this has really helped me to understand my birth chart and made me really want to get serious about studying astrology.:)
Sophie xx