Planets & Cards; reading for Helvetica

dadsnook2000

Helvetica
Geneva: Sun @ Pisces 12, 10th house; Moon @ Sag 12, 7th house
California: Sun @ Pisces 12, IC cusp; Moon @ Sag 12, 1st house
Cape Town: Sun @ Pisces 12, 11th house; Moon @ Sag 12, 8th house
How can I best manage my new departure in Cape Town in mid-January, from an emotional as well as practical perspective?

ASTRO READING:
Your Pisces Sun provides you with sensitivity to all things in your world, a very wide and deep world wherein you tend to appreciate much of its diversity and nuances, and all of its dual nature – the ideal world you want to see and the beauty and pain of the world you have to interact with. Being in the 10th house, the Sun represents the guidance and structure of your childhood as well as your adult sense of personal honor and reputation. The Sun in this position is very strong and will form an imprint that shapes you no matter where you travel.

Your Sag Moon points to a personal yearning for freedom and exploration thru relationships. This is a two-edged sword as “freedom from” and “freedom to – “ are different things. This raises the question as to whether relationships were freely explored as a child or whether they were limited or guided in some way. Moon in the 7th can represent your overreacting to those you are in close contact with, providing an up and down view of others and their motives, a close and then distant approach to sharing. Isn’t it interesting how the Sag influence and the 7th house operational mode both go together?

In terms of the phase relationship, BELIEVER or Honest Man phase, between Sun and Moon, you do have a high sense of personal ethics and expectations for yourself and the means you use to interact with others. You seem to tend to want to control those you are close to or to feel that they are dedicated to supporting you. I would suspect that this Sun-Moon placement would tend to tip you towards the side of professional expression rather than close relationship building. It will take experience and effort to apply your emotional side equally to work and to play.

CALIFORNIA LOCATION
In your present location the Sun is moved to the IC angle, another family axis point that suggests you are encountering pressures to change or to develop altered values that relate to your work and personal expression. Moving from the 3rd house into the 4th house, this points to some form of thinking or communicating values with clarity. The Moon is also positioned differently, now in the first house where you find greater personal freedom without the immediate feedback from others on an emotional level. In effect, California has turned your world around and you now experience what you saw in others before. Pisces Sun works best in an idealistic world, but now it seems you are building that ideal world from the ground up – a bit unsettling. Personal bluntness about feelings can shock others in some localities, perhaps not in California. This brings us back to having to refine basic values and how you express yourself.

CAPE TOWN LOCATION
Sun moves to the 11th house of associations and support for your goals while Moon moves to the 8th house of unequal sharing. This looks like a comfort zone for you as the Sun points to finding those who can support you. Cape Town is much closer to the birth axis in Switzerland. Moon in the 8th brings a more give-and-take form of relationship style when encountering others – shared resources, sometimes more, sometimes less, but leading to a negotiation and deeper forms of appreciating your/others needs. Sensitivities may need to be moderated while in this location.

ASTRO DEVELOPMENTS
Sun is currently/recently squaring Venus, pointing to romantic difficulties (In CA, Venus is in the 5th house). With Mars hanging around the Sun during this season, friendships (natal Mars in 11th) have become rocky. Opportunities that were expected have not yet materialized or have not met your needs as expected – Jupiter is slow catching up with Moon. With Uranus upon your Sun, individuality is running strong, especially for a Pisces Sun who can imagine almost anything as being possible. If possibilities are denied, they will find a way to emerge.

TAROT READING:
Card #1: Your experiences at this period of time that affect your decision to move.
Four of Pentacles, Reversed.
Card #2: The resources that will help you best manage the emotional component of leaving.
Eight of Wands.
Card #3: The strengths that will help you transfer a sense of developmental continuity to your new location.
Two of Cups.
Question: How can I best manage my new departure in Cape Town in mid-January, from an emotional as well as practical perspective?

Four of Pentacles Rx suggest that you have not had a free hand in pursuing your work and personal development. Finances and opportunities have been meager and tough to manage. For your Sun-Moon type, the most expeditious solution is to leave, which you have chosen to do.

The Eight of Wands is a card of enthusiasm. Mary Greer notes that communications, phone calls, Internet messages, etc. seem to be part of the sudden onslaught of energy, change, and push towards something better. It would seem that the pace of preparing for, and engaging in, change might leave little time and opportunity to drag things out or to dwell on what might have been.

The Two of Cups suggests that the emotional issues, among other factors, of California are being supplemented by potentially new hopes and relationships in Cape Town. Tomorrow’s hope is always more interesting than yesterdays disappointment. In any case, you will find choices to give you a sense of control and direction. Perhaps there will be a collaborative twist to the next few months that add some lost momentum to your goals.

SUMMARY:
The basic Geneva natal imprint will remain at the core of your life. The relocations to different areas for relatively short periods are tactics to bring differing forms of opportunities and exposures into your life. This will challenge your will and emotional balance anytime you wander far from the vertical-global axis form Geneva-Congo-Cape Town as it places your Sun and Moon in unfamiliar situations. This good for awhile, but any prolonged stay can start to change your basic nature. Any short stay just presents challenges; when they go well you can stick with them, when they go bad you can leave. I had noted the roles of Mars and Jupiter; anger and rashness now (Mars), opportunity and enlarged achievements later in 2007. For you, you are making good choices and you seem to be in sync with the universe. Dave.

Sophie

Dear Dave,

thanks for the interesting reading!

dadsnook2000 said:
Helvetica
Geneva: Sun @ Pisces 12, 10th house; Moon @ Sag 12, 7th house
California: Sun @ Pisces 12, IC cusp; Moon @ Sag 12, 1st house
Cape Town: Sun @ Pisces 12, 11th house; Moon @ Sag 12, 8th house
As I explained in my PM, I'm not going - nor have I been - to California, so I'll skip that part of the reading.

dadsnook2000 said:
ASTRO READING:
Your Pisces Sun provides you with sensitivity to all things in your world, a very wide and deep world wherein you tend to appreciate much of its diversity and nuances, and all of its dual nature – the ideal world you want to see and the beauty and pain of the world you have to interact with. Being in the 10th house, the Sun represents the guidance and structure of your childhood as well as your adult sense of personal honor and reputation. The Sun in this position is very strong and will form an imprint that shapes you no matter where you travel.
I'd written that my natal Sun was in the 11th House, not the 10th, but you seemed not to see that as a problem. Does it make a difference to your interpretation? I certainly recognise myself in the appreciation of the dual nature of the world - the ideal, imaginative, and the real painful world. I have strong ideals, which I defend, but I also know they have to live in the world, and not just in my mind...

dadsnook2000 said:
Your Sag Moon points to a personal yearning for freedom and exploration thru relationships. This is a two-edged sword as “freedom from” and “freedom to – “ are different things. This raises the question as to whether relationships were freely explored as a child or whether they were limited or guided in some way. Moon in the 7th can represent your overreacting to those you are in close contact with, providing an up and down view of others and their motives, a close and then distant approach to sharing. Isn’t it interesting how the Sag influence and the 7th house operational mode both go together?
I had a very free childhood, including with relationships. I think part of my quest in the past few years has been to recapture that freedom of youth, while deepening relationships. "Moon in the 7th can represent your overreacting to those you are in close contact with, providing an up and down view of others and their motives, a close and then distant approach to sharing" - this is very true. I try and balance myself, but I can be in turn very warm and sharing, and fairly distant and secretive. I am always analyising the motives of my loved ones.

dadsnook2000 said:
In terms of the phase relationship, BELIEVER or Honest Man phase, between Sun and Moon, you do have a high sense of personal ethics and expectations for yourself and the means you use to interact with others. You seem to tend to want to control those you are close to or to feel that they are dedicated to supporting you. I would suspect that this Sun-Moon placement would tend to tip you towards the side of professional expression rather than close relationship building. It will take experience and effort to apply your emotional side equally to work and to play.
I have strong ethics in personal relations - not that I always live up to them!, but I do have them, and judge myself and others by those ethics. I like honesty and openness, and hate meanness and manipulation. Do I try and control? Sometimes, yes, in the sense of expecting others to live up to those ethics. I don't try and control people's moves, tastes and actions - but I do expect high standards, and that can make me controlling. Not a nice trait :(. I am working on the "experience and effort"...

dadsnook2000 said:
CAPE TOWN LOCATION
Sun moves to the 11th house of associations and support for your goals while Moon moves to the 8th house of unequal sharing. This looks like a comfort zone for you as the Sun points to finding those who can support you. Cape Town is much closer to the birth axis in Switzerland. Moon in the 8th brings a more give-and-take form of relationship style when encountering others – shared resources, sometimes more, sometimes less, but leading to a negotiation and deeper forms of appreciating your/others needs. Sensitivities may need to be moderated while in this location.
It's encouraging to know that Cape Town is a zone of comfort for me in that way, because it is a new departure, and will be the home of a new project, so I need some kind of "at-home" sense...Actually, I chose Cape Town, because when I first visited, 6 years ago, I felt so enchanted and at home there. I already have some good contacts there, hinting at just the kind of support you are suggesting.

dadsnook2000 said:
ASTRO DEVELOPMENTS
Sun is currently/recently squaring Venus, pointing to romantic difficulties (In CA, Venus is in the 5th house). With Mars hanging around the Sun during this season, friendships (natal Mars in 11th) have become rocky. Opportunities that were expected have not yet materialized or have not met your needs as expected – Jupiter is slow catching up with Moon. With Uranus upon your Sun, individuality is running strong, especially for a Pisces Sun who can imagine almost anything as being possible. If possibilities are denied, they will find a way to emerge.
Well, as I said, I'm not going to California. I am travelling to Cape Town in mid-January, and I hope very much that the possibilities that have been denied up to now will emerge!

dadsnook2000 said:
TAROT READING:
Card #1: Your experiences at this period of time that affect your decision to move.
Four of Pentacles, Reversed.
Card #2: The resources that will help you best manage the emotional component of leaving.
Eight of Wands.
Card #3: The strengths that will help you transfer a sense of developmental continuity to your new location.

Two of Cups.
Question: How can I best manage my new departure in Cape Town in mid-January, from an emotional as well as practical perspective?

Four of Pentacles Rx suggest that you have not had a free hand in pursuing your work and personal development. Finances and opportunities have been meager and tough to manage. For your Sun-Moon type, the most expeditious solution is to leave, which you have chosen to do.
Well, Congo went well, but since I got back, I've felt hampered by too many practical details. Money is not a problem now but I have to plan very carefully so it does not become a problem later. Some things I needed to happen fell through - the sublet of my flat, for instance - so I need to sort that out. Before going to Congo, and since Summer, I was pretty much in the doldrums, professionally and personally. I had some health problems. But I am pulling together, and I agree, leaving really is the best thing for me! Though Geneva is my birth town, it is not my home. I don't feel at ease here.

dadsnook2000 said:
The Eight of Wands is a card of enthusiasm. Mary Greer notes that communications, phone calls, Internet messages, etc. seem to be part of the sudden onslaught of energy, change, and push towards something better. It would seem that the pace of preparing for, and engaging in, change might leave little time and opportunity to drag things out or to dwell on what might have been.
Hehe, it will all pick up in the New Year, I know! I've already found a place to live thanks to text messaging and phone calls! But also, communication with some people has been slow to nil and this looks like things are changing fast. I am certainly very enthusiastic - emotionally! - about my move.

dadsnook2000 said:
The Two of Cups suggests that the emotional issues, among other factors, of California are being supplemented by potentially new hopes and relationships in Cape Town. Tomorrow’s hope is always more interesting than yesterdays disappointment. In any case, you will find choices to give you a sense of control and direction. Perhaps there will be a collaborative twist to the next few months that add some lost momentum to your goals.
Well, California is not relevant, but I'll take the new hopes in Cape Town :). Yes, I agree - tomorrow's hope is more interesting than yesterday's disappointment. This card looks interesting in the context. I'll update you in the future!

dadsnook2000 said:
SUMMARY:
The basic Geneva natal imprint will remain at the core of your life. The relocations to different areas for relatively short periods are tactics to bring differing forms of opportunities and exposures into your life. This will challenge your will and emotional balance anytime you wander far from the vertical-global axis form Geneva-Congo-Cape Town as it places your Sun and Moon in unfamiliar situations. This good for awhile, but any prolonged stay can start to change your basic nature. Any short stay just presents challenges; when they go well you can stick with them, when they go bad you can leave. I had noted the roles of Mars and Jupiter; anger and rashness now (Mars), opportunity and enlarged achievements later in 2007. For you, you are making good choices and you seem to be in sync with the universe. Dave.
This sounds very hopeful - a challenging start, but some help along the way, and the kind of achievements I am aiming for.

Thanks, Dave!

dadsnook2000

A short answer

Sorry about California, I don't know where that came from. I looked back to see if any posts mentioned you visiting there but I couldn't find anything.

In any case, the transits mentioned are important as they apply no matter where you are, were, will be. Jupiter is coming and that, along with your coming relocation, really does look like a nice deal for you. If you do move again to another location east or west of the Geneva-Cape Town line, let me know so we can see how the Sun and Moon house positions shift for you, along with the transits.

I'll review your answers carefully so I can learn more about this experiment's workings. Thanks for being so detailed. Dave